The Serenes Forest Wall

Raven

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long are you going to wait? When this is done what's going to happen with it?

As long as I need to, haha. I was thinking maybe we can aim for 100 bricks. It's definitely possible.

How long are you going to wait? When this is done what's going to happen with it?

Forum skin. Actually, I kinda like that idea, but it would have to be a lot of bricks. O_o

I'll try to make one as well, but first I have to figure out how to do so. ;____;

If you're really stuck, you can ask me someone to make one for you.

1. Open photoshop

2. New blank file. Make the size 100x50 pixels.

3. Drag and drop/resize picture/background of choice.

4. Type your name with text tool.

5. Save/upload.

Or you can follow this foolproof guide, but use any image editing program. I personally use PAINT.NET. Free to download - just Google it.

You could use something simple like MS Paint for these as well.

Or even this.

Which reminds me, when are you going to submit one Vincent? Haha...

Basically, it can have anything on it you like. Someone can submit a plain 100x50 tile and call it theirs, but that would just be boring and pretty pointless. Don't do that.

Edited by Raven

Or you can follow this foolproof guide, but use any image editing program. I personally use PAINT.NET. Free to download - just Google it.

Really? I didn't think anybody would use that to. XD

As other people said, take a picture, take a part of it out, copy it, make a new page, paste the image, add your name and make sure it's EXACTLY 100x50 pixels. It usually says if it is.

How do I select part of an image? I think it's called cropping...

I want to edit mine, but when I put it in, it selects a part of the image that is basically useless...

Download and install Paint.NET, then we'll talk.

I downloaded that yesterday night. XD

Great - Now...

1. Install and open the program.
  2. Go to "File", then "New...".
  3. Width: 100 Height: 50, click "OK".
  4. There is your basic brick.

1. If the image you want to use for the brick is directly from the internet, right click the image then "Copy Image".
  2. Then on Paint.net, go to "File" then "New..." again, then just click on "OK", not changing anything. It will open a new tab, keeping your 100x50 brick in te first tab.
  3. Hold your Ctrl button and press V. The image you copied will appear.
  4. If the image you want to use for the brick is saved onto your hard drive, go to "File" then "Open..." and select your image. It will open in a new tab.

1. On your image, hold Ctrl and press A, then C. That has copied your image.
  2. Open the tab which has the 100x50 space in it. Hold Ctrl and press V.
  3. Click "Keep canvas size".
  4. Move the image around in the brick until the part of the image you want to be in the brick is in view.
  5. If the image is too large, then go back to the image you opened, and resize it - Go to "Image" then "Resize...".
  6. "By absolute size": make sure the "Maintain aspect ratio" box is ticked. When sorted, click "OK". It'll resize the image.
  7. Go back to the top of this paragraph (3.1). Repeat until happy.

1. If you want a border, you can easily make one using the available tools.
  2. If you want text, you can easily make some using the Text tool.

Once you're happy with your brick, save it (make sure it's .png, not .jpeg or something like that). Then upload it. Then post it here and I'll do the rest.

Thank you very much for the help. This also helps out the other users who've been having a few problems.

Here's my edit. I like this one much better. :D

Brick.png

Aha, great to see it helped out. I'll add it now.

It's not fair that I have two. :lol:

The one that says "Big Boss" is my old one. That one can be taken off, if you want.

Oh crap, I never noticed that you had already made one. I'll replace it now.

wow epic idea, once I get my photoshop back I'm so gonna make one

XD in my space there will be Shawn

I doubt you had to tell us that

I'll be waiting for your Shawn brick

I shall abuse my upload powers.

post-1-125004710036_thumb.png

Thanks to Popo since I was too busy to crop this myself.

Great - I'll add it now.

Still need more bricks, but progress is coming along nicely. Keep them coming in. Don't hesitate to ask about anything you feel unsure about.

Hey I was wondering, how are you dividing it? Because the wall looks weird right now and all. Why not put them all right next to each other? (bump)

I see. I actually made the wall like that so it would look like a proper brick wall. I'll see what it's like when even.