how hard do you make it for yourself? (e.g. stat boosters?)

geozeldadude

- boss abuse

- arena abuse

- stat boosters

- reset on level ups

- online/secret shops

- I did this with Lex!Arthur once just so I can get him promoted early. Never boss abusing again.

- I used to arena abuse and cheat with save states, but not anymore. I only use the arena if it's FE4.

- I usually use them, but sometimes I'll sell it if I don't need it at this point.

- I've used the online shop before a few times for normal pts. I usually go to secret shops.

I don't use FAQs so no secret shops (though I was lucky in FE3 and found one), abusing bosses or arenas seems tedious and I don't even like grinding in standard RPGS so that's a big no, if I find a stat booster I'll use it, I never reset on level ups...play the whole level again for a level up? Besides which that's the way the chips fall and that's the beauty of the RNG..if you get 0 stat ups that's just the way it goes, besides which you don't need killer stats to beat any of the games.

• 2 weeks later...

I should better clarify how I use stat boosters.

They are definitely almost always a late-game thingy. To give examples, I'll use familiar games.

In FE8, if I'm going to use a tank and their defense is getting low, I should use a Dragonshield early. It makes the whole game easier for everyone.

Though this one time in Radiant Dawn, I foolishly used my Energy Drops and Seraph Robes early. The evil RNG spirits devoured a lot of Nephenee's HP and some of her strength. This alone made her MUCH harder to use in the tower than usual. Had I kept a Seraph Robe, things would have gone by faster.

So all in all, I best keep those items around to make sure the units have a consistant usefulness with desirable stats.

Edited by Rhelm

I'm just an arena abuse and stat booster person. And even with stat boosters, I use them sparingly, and end up selling half of them by endgame. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I never really make anything hard for myself. But I also dislike having to go out of my way to make the game easier for myself.

I seldom boss abuse. I did it once in FE4 though.

I usually arena abuse until I'm bored or satisfied with money. FE3 is the easiest to abuse, FE5 is the hardest to abuse for me. I never considered FE4 Arena to be abuse since I see it as more of a necessity for income and also, you don't waste a turn doing it too.

Stat Boosters? Sure, I'll use it or sell 'em.

Resets? More of a hassle for me unless I'm desperately wanting that character to be powerful.

arena abuse - sometimes/rarely, depends if I feel like doing it

boss abuse - never, it's boring for me

stat boosters - only when someone I'm taking to endgame desperately needs them

resets - only when a character dies, I continue even with crappy level ups

Edited by KSFF2150

- boss abuse

Only with Kurthnaga against Dheginsea, or when I had Lex!Arthur in FE4, where he always sucks but has Elite. IIRC, the first chapter you get him, there's a nice boss on a western castle where Arthur can take pot shots for massive experience.

- arena abuse

Of course in FE4. Otherwise, not since FE7. I view it as cheap.

- stat boosters

Didn't know people don't use these.

- reset on level ups

FE9 BEXP only, and I'm not anal about it. Sometimes I'll get a really, really shitty level up at the start of a level, and take risks I might not take to balance it out. If my risks fail, I'll restart. If not, sweet, I just beat the RNG while taking a shitty level up.

- online/secret shops

Never really use them.

I personally use stat boosters immediately. I used to be the type to horde them up for endgame but why wait until then when I can give any unit the ability to ORK/Additional durability now?

Even if they cap the stat early it's still worth it.

The secret and online shop I also use. Everything else is a no no.

- boss abuse --Not really. It depends but every once in awhile ill do it.

- arena abuse ---Again not really. Sometimes but never full on abuse.

- stat boosters ---Ehh. I tend to hold on to those until i get just about everyone, then divy them up between my team.

- reset on level ups ---Never. I think this is stupid. I find it more interesting when stat level ups end up in different places. It makes it more fun and exciting to me since i like using different people on various playthroughs.

- online/secret shops ---Yeah sometimes. The only time i really use a secret shop is in FE8 and once in FE7. Usually i just buy Physic staves anyway.