Most over rated fire emblem character

Oujay

I just figured I'd throw something out, too: How often does Holyn NOT kill with Luna when it activates, let alone, how often does Holyn not ORKO in general? Holyn's strength lead comes into play too. If anything Holyn has better offense because he's less reliant on skills.

How often does Arya NOT kill with Meteor when it activates (EVEN LESS LIKELY THAN WHEN MOONLIGHT ACTIVATES)? Your questions can all be applied to Arya as well, which is why nobody even mentioned it. We both know they can overkill, so what's your point, even? Nobody's arguing that Holyn is a shit unit. And also, you're overestimating his strength lead. He's only ahead by 3, and this is assuming Arya's still level 4. >_>

btw, why are you comparing levels like they even matter?

4 	 32.0 	 11.0 	 0.0 	 16.0 	 17.0 	 7.0 	 1.0 	 3.0
12 	 40.0 	 14.0 	 0.0 	 17.0 	 17.0 	 11.0 	 1.0 	 1.0 

Holyn's only noticable lead is HP, and Arya's still dodging better than him, with an 8 level gap. I should've gone with this route from the start.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holyn's only noticable lead is HP
4 Def lead isn't noticeable now?

And Aira needs those 8 levels to match Holyn's Str.

and Arya's still dodging better than him
Woot.

TWO MORE LUCK!

Aira's so caffenated that she's like a b-b-b-bluuuuuur to enemies! 8DDDDDD

How often does Arya NOT kill with Meteor when it activates (EVEN LESS LIKELY THAN WHEN MOONLIGHT ACTIVATES)?

Wow

way to miss the entire point

the point was, since Holyn's offense is so consistent, why does Ayra's overkill Astra matter?

You still haven't countered the thing about levels, btw.

Because they DO matter? Ayra is not getting 10 levels, i.e she is not going to be at the same level as Holyn.

Edited by Norton Sez What?

sorry but who is that kainmaster guy

Inb4LughVsLilina

Kainmaster's the ultimate Lilina fanboy and says that averages don't exist. Just look for his account at YouTube and you'll quickly find many trolling and flaming videos of his, expressing his fanboy-ism towards Lilina.

Also, it appears that he doesn't care about others' opinions even if they rationally and logically explain why they're right.

At least, that's what I've heard about him. I never actually encountered him thus far.

sorry but who is that kainmaster guy

Inb4LughVsLilina

Kainmaster's the ultimate Lilina fanboy and says that averages don't exist. Just look for his account at YouTube and you'll quickly find many trolling and flaming videos of his, expressing his fanboy-ism towards Lilina.

Also, it appears that he doesn't care about others' opinions even if they rationally and logically explain why they're right.

At least, that's what I've heard about him. I never actually encountered him thus far.

That's a pretty accurate summary. BTW, how is Fiona overrated? Who in the world overrates her? Because I've seen next to no hype for her. I do, however, believe Rhys is overrated.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

That's a pretty accurate summary. BTW, how is Fiona overrated? Who in the world overrates her? Because I've seen next to no hype for her. I do, however, believe Rhys is overrated.

Given how much negative-hype Fiona gets, she could be overrated as much as Lilina by a few people and still not be overrated. Plenty of people think she's just awful. And she is, I mean, it's just a lot of people actually agree.

Oswin is VERY overrated, Canas is too, Karel sure isn't.

Gatrie (PoR) is too overrated too, he's too damn slow.

And last would be Matthew, c'mon! He lacks skill, def and Legault actually has a better avoidance! His avoidance is too overrated.

Not really, Oswin is where he belongs, IMO.

Karel is. LOL WO DAO HOLY SHIT HE'S BADAZZ

No, Karel is where he belongs, Oswin is too overrated, I mean, he lacks speed and by time he will lack skill too, he isn't too much really, Hector makes a way better thank than him.

Karel is OK, he has Str and has decent bases, I don't really hear many people saying he's all that, people instead like Harken more.

BTW, how is Fiona overrated? Who in the world overrates her? Because I've seen next to no hype for her. I do, however, believe Rhys is overrated.

In a German FE forum I'm a member of, people keep calling her the best character in the game because she is "easy to train if you really try" and "is immortal once she's promoted".

I agree that Rhys may be overrated as well, but personally, I think Mist is much more overrated than he is. They both suck at combat, but people keep hyping Mist not for her healing (or at least not mainly) but for her "combat utility", which is bull if you ask me.

No, Karel is where he belongs, Oswin is too overrated, I mean, he lacks speed and by time he will lack skill too, he isn't too much really, Hector makes a way better thank than him.

Karel is OK, he has Str and has decent bases, I don't really hear many people saying he's all that, people instead like Harken more.

You overrate SKL and Karel is overrated... from the very beginning.

BTW, how is Fiona overrated? Who in the world overrates her? Because I've seen next to no hype for her. I do, however, believe Rhys is overrated.

In a German FE forum I'm a member of, people keep calling her the best character in the game because she is "easy to train if you really try" and "is immortal once she's promoted".

I agree that Rhys may be overrated as well, but personally, I think Mist is much more overrated than he is. They both suck at combat, but people keep hyping Mist not for her healing (or at least not mainly) but for her "combat utility", which is bull if you ask me.

...I see.

Uh, no. Hector promotes late, especially on his modes whereas Oswin doesn't promote late. Hector has some accuracy issues. Oswin > Hector. There's probably more to that, but I don't know at the moment.

Karel? OK? Sorry, his durability is terrible. 31 base HP? Lol. And that 13 base DEF isn't helping either. Harken's bases get higher with HHM bonus. And he can use axes as well.

Because they DO matter? Ayra is not getting 10 levels, i.e she is not going to be at the same level as Holyn.

I don't really want to jump into Ayra vs Holyn here, but this right here is a factual error.

Level itself affects a grand total of two things: how fast you level up, and how close you are to promotion. That's it. Higher levels tend to correlate with higher stats, but the level number itself matters for exactly those two things. In that sense, Ayra's lower level could be considered an advantage, because it means she levels faster.

the point of Ayra's lower level is to express that she's not catching up to Holyn in stats, as her avg level would need to be equal to Holyn just to compare. And it's not.

the point of Ayra's lower level is to express that she's not catching up to Holyn in stats, as her avg level would need to be equal to Holyn just to compare. And it's not.

Then you should have mentioned that. A character could be at a lower level than someone else and still sweep the floor with them statistically. If she needs to catch up in level to compare statistically, you need to mention that and not just "behind in level," since that only implies what cheetah was saying, aka higher experience gain and further from promotion.

Then you should have mentioned that.

I did mention that. I mentioned Holyn's level lead and what it does for him several times during this discussion. I've yet to receive an explanation as to how Ayra is tying Holyn's level when she joins.

Edited by Norton Sez What?

How can they even think that? She can't even move in half the chapters she's in.

How can they even think that? She can't even move in half the chapters she's in.

Good question. That's totally ridiculous.

Good question. That's totally ridiculous.

Good thing it doesn't happen here. Hell, I'm just trying to argue her out of being the absolute worst character in the game.