Most over rated fire emblem character

Oujay

That's not happening without favoritism. Ayra's about level 6 by the time Holyn shows up and even if she may gain a bit more EXP than him, it's not enough catch up so there will be a while where Holyn is promoted and Ayra isn't.

Level 11~12 would be more accurate (while Holyn will be at level 14 after doing chapter 2's arena). An entire arena session brings about 2.5~3 level ups to a unit. Also, Verdane has a lot of forest so she'll move more freely than the cavaliers, therefore, it's not unconceivable that she'd gain 1~2 level ups from there.

Edited by Tinny~

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not happening without favoritism. Ayra's about level 6 by the time Holyn shows up and even if she may gain a bit more EXP than him, it's not enough catch up so there will be a while where Holyn is promoted and Ayra isn't.

Level 11~12 would be more accurate (while Holyn will be at level 14 after doing chapter 2's arena). An entire arena session brings about 2.5~3 level ups to a unit. Also, Verdane has a lot of forest so she'll move more freely than the cavaliers, therefore, it's not unconceivable that she'd gain 1~2 level ups from there.

You'd have to be playing rather slowly for her to do anything more than the arena. While Sigurd is taking on the castle with Ayra, the others are already taking care of Gandolf's troops so after they're done with them they could either kill Gandolf or move on in the forest.

Edited by Sirius

You overrate SKL and Karel is overrated... from the very beginning.

No I don't, well there is one pint since enemies in FErarely have any luck for extra avoidance.

How is Karel overrated? People barely talk great about him.

You overrate SKL and Karel is overrated... from the very beginning.

No I don't, well there is one pint since enemies in FErarely have any luck for extra avoidance.

How is Karel overrated? People barely talk great about him.

You do. You often bring up comments about someone having low SKL when hitting an enemy is hardly an issue to begin with. You even brought up Arden's +5 SKL gain when he has a lover and stands here:

fe4_ev3.png

as a point to defend him, which is a ridiculously stupid point to bring up due to the circumstances. You usually look only at stats without even thinking of the applications and costs which results in you overrating characters like Lilina and misleading comments.

In SF there may not be lots of people that overrate Karel but that's not the case elsewhere, people still say he's better due to having better speed.. It was even worse when FE7 first came out.

Edited by Sirius

Consider that a lot of hype is out of pure fun (unlike hype, say, in a tier thread as a serious argument). BB's post in the Draug thread, while having humor is not based on hype in anyway, and accurately portrays what they pretty much are.

When they are hyped, they are exaggerated to be the "gods" they are not.

Yeah, they just trivialize the entire game in two chapters. Those two are really nothing special.

as a point to defend him, which is a ridiculously stupid point to bring up due to the circumstances. You usually look only at stats without even thinking of the applications and costs which results in you overrating characters like Lilina and misleading comments.

In SF there may not be lots of people that overrate Karel but that's not the case elsewhere, people still say he's better due to having better speed.. It was even worse when FE7 first came out.

Yeah since I never tried a ranked run, I don't think of how much a character cost since I nearly always arena abuse.

By the way Karel has better speed than whom...? Ovbiously he is the slowest out of Karla and Guy and is a little faster than Harken.

And I don't overrate Lilina I am just a fanboy but I have my limits.

By the way Karel has better speed than whom...? Ovbiously he is the slowest out of Karla and Guy and is a little faster than Harken.

Karel actually has a higher base speed than Karla. Karla is competeing with Nino for worst character in the game. That's bad.

Yeah since I never tried a ranked run, I don't think of how much a character cost since I nearly always arena abuse.

And I don't overrate Lilina I am just a fanboy but I have my limits.

It's not even about a ranked run. It's just a really redundant point. Think about it, for Arden to get that +5 SKL he has to move away from all action and already he has a tough time getting any so if he goes for that +5 SKL, he won't see any action at all anymore. Then there's the fact that it's unlikely for him to be paired, it's in chapter 5 and Ardan will go buh bye very soon and lack of hit issues for your units. What good's 5 points of SKL if it's gonna stop him from fighting? You'd have to wait for him to catch up. At stat doesn't mean much or anything at all if its application hardly exist, that's why RES doesn't matter in FESD there's only like 1 or 2 instances where it sees any "significant" use.

Better SPD than most other units. At least, that's what I've read.

Karel actually has a higher base speed than Karla. Karla is competeing with Nino for worst character in the game. That's bad.

I'm pretty sure there's a huge difference from being the worst character and the least useful since Nino is nowhere near a bad character when trained.

I'm pretty sure there's a huge difference from being the worst character and the least useful since Nino is nowhere near a bad character when trained.

Nor are Est or Sophia, for that matter.

You'd have to be playing rather slowly for her to do anything more than the arena. While Sigurd is taking on the castle with Ayra, the others are already taking care of Gandolf's troops so after they're done with them they could either kill Gandolf or move on in the forest.

Not really. I usually have Sigurd and Cuan take on Genoa, while the others are taking on Edin and Deu's pursuers. Taking Genoa requires only one turn, so by that time, Ayra is ahead of the other units.

Different playstyle and strategies I suppose, but like I said, level 11/12 for Ayra is not unconceivable at chapter 2 after doing the arena.

Fair enough. Bad choice of words on my part.

Sophia is debateable.

How so?

Sophia is debateable.

How so?

20/1 Sophia:

28.4 HP | 20.45 Mag | 11.6 Skl | 12.7 Spd | 6.8 Luck | 6.8 Def | 20.45 Res

Flux: 25 Atk, 98 Hit, 11.7 AS

She can at least hit Res but... that's pitiful everywhere else. Even Hit isn't that great when you factor in enemies usually have more than 20 Avoid. She can get some Hit (thankfully she has a Darkness affinity) but... even durability-wise she's ridiculously sucky.

Someone tell me how she's "good" and I'll whap 'em with a shovel.