Most over rated fire emblem character

Oujay

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, in FE8, Seth is overrated as hell. I don't even use him.

A character being overrated because I never tried him out? Works for me.
I always see Raven in almost every FF7 playthrough.
Unfortuantely you can't get Raven out of your party in FF7 since he's the main character and all. I liked it when you got to play as Cid for awhile. Raven DOES use huge swords and is that mercenary-type dude, and is blonde, so I guess that explains why he has so many haters.

Seriously though, people need to explain why they think characters aren't as good as people claim, or else they can't really prove a character is overrated (for example, I think Zagaro & Wolf actually earned their hype status).

Not only that, but I don't think Micaiah is given more credit than she deserves. The community acknowledges she is slow, will probably get 1RK0'd and thrives off staves and Thani for the most part.

Edited by Remmé

I'm not saying he isn't good, it's just I've seen people going around like "Olollololo! He's so cool, his personality is the greatest and he's the awesomest charactur in teh game cause he uzes majik, and he haz a trajic passed!". He's definitely usable, and a good unit in FE9, not so much in 10, though still usable there.

He's a lot more intact in FE9. Ike and Soren support is a very good one (Ike wants offense badly) and early seal!Soren helps him out by being offensive or using Staves to build up levels.

I still feel Reyson is overrated.

Amelia<Franz<Seth

Fixed.

People hype Soren since he can get great magic and Rexcalibur, so he can do a lot of damage to enemies. Many of them also don't know what PEMN means, and they love arena abusing as hell.

I'm an avid lover of Boss/Battle Save abuse, but I never got the hype over Soren. He was always just there, maybe picking off a soldier or two, weakening a few guys, healing eventually... Not awful, but... eh, you know what I'm saying at this point so I'll just shut up.

Nitpick mode activated! What arenas were in FE9? Or were you responding to something else entirely?

Also, I say Seth is a little overrated, c'mon! Anyone can actually outmatch him, at least every other cavalier does, well listen, I'm not saying he's horrible, but alot of people keep saying he's all that good.

Also, I say Seth is a little overrated, c'mon! Anyone can actually outmatch him, at least every other cavalier does, well listen, I'm not saying he's horrible, but alot of people keep saying he's all that good.

Let me guess, at level 20/20, late in the game or after arena or RNG abuse right?

Let me guess, at level 20/20, late in the game or after arena or RNG abuse right?

Nah, I don't arena abuse in FE8.

Seth just probaly has more Defense than the others...or slighly lower to Kyle's, even on averages.

Even though Duessel/Franz/Kyle might do better than Seth after a while, he's been your best unit until they promote, and even then he'll have a level lead on them. They might only start doing better at ~C16 onwards.

FE9/10 characters mentioned below are their FE9 versions.

Lilina

Lugh

Rutger

Fir

Dieck

Oswin

Priscilla

Raven

Guy

Lyn

Seth

Innes

Ike

Titania

Shinon

Marcia

Wolf

Sedgar

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edited by HolyAarom

Even though Duessel/Franz/Kyle might do better than Seth after a while, he's been your best unit until they promote, and even then he'll have a level lead on them. They might only start doing better at ~C16 onwards.

It's not you can't complete the first half of the game without him, Franz doesn't even do bad in the first chapters, he can actually double with 1 more speed gain and isn't weak either.

Seth isn't actually necesary since he'll one-round anyone.

It's not you can't complete the first half of the game without him, Franz doesn't even do bad in the first chapters, he can actually double with 1 more speed gain and isn't weak either.

No one is necessary. Seth just makes things laughably easy.

No one is necessary. Seth just makes things laughably easy.

Still he isn't all that either...Duessel's better, but comes late.