Most over rated fire emblem character

Oujay

FE6: ... Karel

wot almost no one hypes up Karel, they just wish his FE7 counterpart had the same growths :/

(He was even voted worst in the Gato Archtype Best/Worst poll thing)

Edited by Jedor

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE5: Mareeta. Yeah, she has a personal sword, good growths, crappy bases, a meh-at-best skill and... ...that's it? Wtf?

FE6: Lilina (though I still like to use her), Sophia, Wendy, Karel (if he had one more point in each stat as a base and 100% less growth in each stat, he'd be better, but no-one would give a fuck about him.)

FE7: Karel (he looks cool and all that, but wtf?), Karla (lol "give her all status boosters in the entire game and she's the best unit in teh game!!!1"), Nino, Lyn

FE8: Ross, Amelia, Ewan, Joshua

FE9: Mist, Sothe (lol)

FE10: Mist, Laura, Fiona, Edward (but I still like him), Jill, Astrid, Stefan, Kurthnaga, Ena, Nasir

FE11: Lena, Linde, Est, Elice

In every game they appear in: Assassins. Of what use is the silencer/lethality if another class with a better STR could simply OHKO the enemy with a normal crit?

Nephenee in both games I know she is good but some people act like she is the new ashera and her start in both games is pretty bad. I think she would lose lots of gamefaqs fans if she where male but anyway mist and mia are also pretty overated.

Edited by Sasori

Dieck is overrated? How? His base stats are totally awesome, and on promotion, he can wield just about anything without AS loss, even the Durandal and Armads! Sure his growths in some areas are a bit average, but really, I could say the same for many other characters in FE6 (besides Roy).

There's no legitimate reason to argue Dieck is overrated, no. It might chap asses but let's be honest, his bases are incredible. Still, it might be unfair to argue him as unstoppable and awesome all game (he's a bit slow later on in Hard, though the massive CON helps). I don't think anyone really overrates him though.

Also, screw dancers. Overrated unless they're FE4 dancers and maybe FE10 Reyson. Maybe.

Has nobody noticed that no one really overrates Nino and Lyn anymore?

Umm... I'm guilty of that. Mostly because of one of my favorite weapons: the Sol Katti. Sure, it sucks, but it looks awesome. : D

I'm just going to follow the crowd and say Lilina.

I left out Shinon.

In FE9, quite a bit. I think the problem is it's him or Rolf to wield some of the bows.

In FE10, still overred but not as much since he's a little more decent. And it comes down to the same thing, only now you can choose LEONARDO OMGS WE'RE SAVED[/lol]. This time he's more useful. No matter which sniper you choose to raise, they will start to suck much less in the tower. Before that, eh. Semiuseful. The map designs work against them more than anything.

I left out Shinon.

In FE9, quite a bit. I think the problem is it's him or Rolf to wield some of the bows.

In FE10, still overred but not as much since he's a little more decent. And it comes down to the same thing, only now you can choose LEONARDO OMGS WE'RE SAVED[/lol]. This time he's more useful. No matter which sniper you choose to raise, they will start to suck much less in the tower. Before that, eh. Semiuseful. The map designs work against them more than anything.

Though the only bows that Snipers could use in FE9 - Longbows and the Double Bow - were lol. The Longbow has only 5 attack, which is weaker than an Iron Bow. The Double Bow is barely stronger than a Steel Bow.

Yeah, I think the main Shinon overrating happens in 10. Sure, he's good, but he also has good competition and he has a worse enemy phase than most.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Yeah, I think the main Shinon overrating happens in 10. Sure, he's good, but he also has good competition and he has a worse enemy phase than most.

Indeed, Shinon really gets overrated in FE10. He either has no enemy phase or a crappy enemy phase. It's lose-lose.

FEs with Est: Est.

FE4: Ira

Fe5: Olwen. Olwen. Olwen. Mareeta. Mareeta. LIFIS. Olwen. Olwen.

Fe6: Maybe Lilina.

Fe7: Lyn, Nino.

fe8: Ross

Fe9: Titania

Fe10: Sothe

Edited by Robert

FE1: Lawrence

FE2: Meh

FE3 (Book 2): Rody, Ryan, Sheema

FE4: Ayra, Jamka, Shannan

FE5: Rifis, Machuya, Olwen, Mareeta, Sara

FE6: Saul, Oujay

FE7: Lyn, Raven

FE8: Franz, Gheb

FE9: Ike, Soren

Has nobody noticed that no one really overrates Nino and Lyn anymore?

Maybe not around here, but over here in Germany, they are still being overrated by a ton. Some examples:

"Nino is teh best unit in teh game, give her the Afa drops and raise her to Lv20/20 in chapter 26x and she pwnz everything!"

"Lyn is awesome, she never gets hit and always criticalz shit and always maxes out all stats and has her own weapon and can use teh Wo Dao and this is teh best lord in teh game!!1"

Karla (lol "give her all status boosters in the entire game and she's the best unit in teh game!!!1")

Wait wait wait, people actually say that?!

Yep, I've seen people say that.

Why are people saying Ira is overrated...? IMO, Lex is the most overrated character in FE4. Axes suck in FE4 and his inability to double attack without the use of the Hero axe pisses me offone of the shots misses half the time as well. Elite doesn't make up for the amount of suckage time he has in FE4not to mention, that's the main reason people rate him so highly. Pair him with Tiltyu and you'll have shitty kids who fail in both might and magic. >_>

In FE5: Mareeta may be overrated, but she's still a good character.

FE6: No comment. Didn't play it enough times and I don't know who you all like.

FE7: Hector. He's my favorite character, but he just...doesn't double enough in HHM, and there's also the late promotion. He's awesome in Eliwood mode, though.

FE8: Dunno.

Edited by Eltoshen