To BK and Fox

Jyosua

Yeah, I was wondering why people were arguing with each other over an apology. o-O

Whenever you get a group of people together, you will inevitably have situations like this because it is in some people's nature to always see the fault. Whether justified or not, no one in a position of authority over others is exempt from criticisms of anything they do unless they take steps to quash the freedom of those people to criticise. (This will often draw criticism of its own) The simple fact of the matter is that no one in a position of authority over others is allowed to win in any case whatsoever. It's simply not possible.

This applies across the board from presidencies to internet forum moderation.

I agree with you... generally. I've seen several forums which have had no problem with the authority figure(s). It's not really so much about winning as it is about consistency.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning is defined as "not ending up in an unenviable position" when it comes to my previous post. I forgot that when I used pretty much the same argument with my dad, he had the context for the word from the conversation whereas this is the first time I've written something along this line of thought on this forum. My term is more directed towards "winning at life," rather than "winning an argument."

Winning is defined as "not ending up in an unenviable position" when it comes to my previous post. I forgot that when I used pretty much the same argument with my dad, he had the context for the word from the conversation whereas this is the first time I've written something along this line of thought on this forum. My term is more directed towards "winning at life," rather than "winning an argument."

That's what I took it to meant, but apparently Eltoshen and Crystal did not.

Don't speak for me. I know exactly what he meant.

I'm pretty sure I got the general idea of what you were talking about, I was just confused as to what you were referring to.

Edited by Eltoshen

Don't speak for me. I know exactly what he meant.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to speak for you, I was pointing out it was unclear whether or not you and Eltoshen understood that. If I was speaking for you, I wouldn't have included the word "apparently". By including it, I was merely stating my impression.

Nice to see this has more or less been worked out (disclaimer: I haven't read the past two and a half pages). I have Blacken breathing down my neck telling me to ditch SF, and lord knows I've been tempted to for ages (I even said I would, to be fair), but I'm not going to, because you don't have enough people here who let you know when you fuck up. And you do fuck up more than you'd like to think.

But this is a step in the right direction.

You miss the point. I'm looking for an all around good administrator, not just someone to keep me in check. The lack of another admin that's around most of the time to give informed opinions is bad, and showing a weakness. Glenn might be good at that, but his video card's shot, and he's had to go on extensive breaks for other reasons as well.

I do not know everything that's going on in this situation, so if I'm mistaken, feel free to call me out on it, but wouldn't settling for the best you can find at the moment be the best until you can find that one member who can fill that secondary admin's spot? Something is better than nothing in this scenario, right?

Edit: That didn't sound right.

Edited by Ninji

^Legitish point, but it's not like complaining about something that hasn't happened yet and may never happen again (this is the part where somebody makes a crack like and it most certainly will happen again :awesome: ) accomplishes anything aside from puttig it out there. He apologized for this matter, apology is in the process of being accepted, (and neither side has an interest in prolonging shit, right? right) as observers anything more than going "Well I guess that's that" isn't going to be that constructive.

So

yup

Huh. I wasn't aware that all the topics that got shitcanned on Friday are still invisible. It explains why ninety percent of the people posting in this thread don't understand what's really going on.

Why are they still invisible?

Edited by Fox

Huh. I wasn't aware that all the topics that got shitcanned on Friday are still invisible. It explains why ninety percent of the people posting in this thread don't understand what's really going on.

Well the thread Chris made was set invisible because the point of it was to get me to make this topic. I asked him if he cared if I kept his topic invisible since it accomplished it's point, and he said no. That's besides the fact that and your thread were in a forum that's intended for mainsite discussion. So I set them invisible to keep them from cluttering things up.

Well the thread Chris made was set invisible because the point of it was to get me to make this topic. I asked him if he cared if I kept his topic invisible since it accomplished it's point, and he said no. That's besides the fact that and your thread were in a forum that's intended for mainsite discussion. So I set them invisible to keep them from cluttering things up.

What bothers me is that you seem pretty keen on covering up your behavior in all of this. I don't like that, and it makes me doubt your sincerity.

What bothers me is that you seem pretty keen on covering up your behavior in all of this. I don't like that, and it makes me doubt your sincerity.

Doubt all you want, I'm not letting you clutter up my forums.

Cool rationalization, bro. I bet you believe that, too. Historically, nonsense topics are either moved or closed, but very rarely are they outright deleted or hidden. Deleted topics usually contain illegal or inappropriate content. None of the threads in this instance meet that criteria. I see no reason for these topics to remain hidden from normal members. Closed, sure, but not hidden. You can hardly call them nonsense topics, either, since we were just reacting to your childish behavior, and as far as I am aware, there is no "complain about the staff" board, so we compensated.

If you are sincere, you will make those topics visible again (excluding Bus', I guess, because he was okay with you getting rid of it). Otherwise? I think you're just trying to cover up as a means to save face, using "getting rid of clutter" as justification for it.

Cool rationalization, bro. I bet you believe that, too. Historically, nonsense topics are either moved or closed, but very rarely are they outright deleted or hidden. Deleted topics usually contain illegal or inappropriate content. None of the threads in this instance meet that criteria. I see no reason for these topics to remain hidden from normal members. Closed, sure, but not hidden. You can hardly call them nonsense topics, either, since we were just reacting to your childish behavior, and as far as I am aware, there is no "complain about the staff" board, so we compensated.

If you are sincere, you will make those topics visible again (excluding Bus', I guess, because he was okay with you getting rid of it). Otherwise? I think you're just trying to cover up as a means to save face, using "getting rid of clutter" as justification for it.

I would move them, but the only place fit for them maybe, would be the forum graveyard. There's no forum made for discussion the state of the forum.

And let me make this clear, you are not to order me around.

There's no forum made for discussion the state of the forum.

Is... that possibly a problem in and of itself?

I would move them, but the only place fit for them maybe, would be the forum graveyard. There's no forum made for discussion the state of the forum.

Forum Graveyard it is.

Prove to me that you are capable of making the right decisions by yourself, and I won't.

There's no forum made for discussion the state of the forum.

Is... that possibly a problem in and of itself?

No, because the ticket system was supposed to deal with that, but it's not operational right now.

Forum Graveyard it is.

Prove to me that you are capable of making the right decisions by yourself, and I won't.

You're a member. That's not your job. If you're only here to troll around, you're better off ditching Serenes with your brother, or whoever the hell he is.

You're a member. That's not your job. If you're only here to troll around, you're better off ditching Serenes with your brother, or whoever the hell he is.

Trolling? Ha ha, no, and frankly I'm fucking disgusted that that's how you're reading my posts.

Trolling? Ha ha, no, and frankly I'm fucking disgusted that that's how you're reading my posts.

No. You were civil. That is, until you realized you weren't getting everything your way and began milking the situation for all its worth.

I'm fucking disgusted you have no respect for my other members here, much less myself. Knock it off Fox, this is your final warning.