what game protaganist do u hate most?

aizengard

I have two:

Kalas from baten kaitos

squall from FF8

i hate kalas cuz he is a asshole and has a crapy personality.

squall has no personality and is the reson y i never finished the game (the love story kind of helped).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two:

Kalas from baten kaitos

squall from FF8

i hate kalas cuz he is a asshole and has a crapy personality.

squall has no personality and is the reson y i never finished the game (the love story kind of helped).

I think you got them both switched. Kalas has no personality. I haven't played FFVIII but from the pictures I saw of Squall, he kinda looks like an ahole...to the bad guys, that is.

Edited by 21_21

every FF protagonist

le' gasp! but Tina (Terra) is fantastique!

I pretty much dislike protagonists that you are forced for 95% of their game and they then take up a slot constantly in your main team, it's even more annoying for me when they have clearly superior allies and end up bland themselves, best example I can give is Dart in Legend of Dragoon (a game I very much enjoy), he's quite bland in all honesty, his strongest weapon forces you to use an accessory slot on a regeneration item since it constantly drains his life and without it his damage will always fall behind that of every other character except Miranda (in terms of physical attacks anyway, she's your best magic/item attacker) in the late parts of the game, and he just always ends up at a ridiculously higher lv since he can never be taken out of the party when your party is together; that just annoys me and I have a hard time getting over it but otherwise I still like the game

I do tend to play a lot of games like this due it being a semi-common trend in a number of console RPGs but all I can really say is I never play the games just for the people on the box, lol (okay~ the people on Suikoden 3's box totally rock in my biased opinion but there's an exception to every rule right?)

every FF protagonist

Mr. Zachary Fair would like to have a word with you.

I'm gonna have to go with Marth as my least favorite game protagonist. As much as I like using him in Melee and Brawl, in one of his own games (I haven't played FE3 book II), he absolutely has no personality. The fact that he has the terrible curse of being an original hero, making him a generic archetype, doesn't help.

Edited by Little Al

Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Not so much in KH2, but in KH1 and in Chain of Memories he was sooooo annoying.

Oh, and Marth, Lyn, Eliwood, and Roy from FE are also bad. They're so generic... and Roy looks like he's about 14 (though they claim he's 16) and he's leading an army. Yeah, right.

and Roy looks like he's about 14 (though they claim he's 16) and he's leading an army. Yeah, right.

Roy is fifteen, actually. And youngsters leading armies in Fire Emblem (and Japanese games in general) isn't all that unusual. =\

Shadow.

Anti-heroes are lame.

Not all anti-heroes are lame. Kaiba from Yugioh Abridged or even Lelouch. Well, the latter seems too sadistic, but he deserves a pity rather than hatred.

Andy from Advance Wars. So annoying.

Kaiba from Yugioh Abridged

It's a parody. How can you count that?

can't take a hit (unlike every other mage in RD).

Uhhh...? They're just as bad, really.

Andy from Advance Wars. So annoying.

Jake is worse, IMO.

Kaiba from the actual series is not bad, though.

Jack Russell, Radiata Stories. I can handle a main guy not being the most badass thing in his universe, and I can handle a main character starting a jokester and becoming more serious business as the story goes along, but when all's said and done, he seems to end up worse for the journey, like he's confused, frustrated in more than one way and has lost everything that made him a likable guy. I guess I don't hate him so much as pity the hell out of him as a character.

A really popular one, at that. Besides, he's based on Kaiba's egotistical personality from the real Yugioh anyway, so you can still count him.

A better question is why would you want to count him, that shit's funny

Haha not reading past Ninji's -snip- quote = dyslexia

Wait, got one much better fuck the above post. Luke Fon Fabre, that shitbastard. Goes from the absolute most unlikable, self-entitled form of impotent whiny dickweed I've ever seen in a JRPG, which makes the competition pretty fucking tough, outright bawwing about having to defend himself against random assasins when everybody else in the thick of it as bad as he is, to an impotent whiny suicidal inferiority complex passive-agressive fuck. Screw him and every part of ToA's largely shit story that he is a drving force in.

makes it even worse that I can relate >:

Edited by Rehab

(only played the second game) He's that bad? He didn't seem that whiny compared to the worst offenders out there, and after THE BIG FUCKING PLOT POINT MIDWAY THROUGHTM Angie was a fair-sized bitch about him losing, oh goodness gracious, one patient in the heat of the moment. If every doctor got that henpecked about every patient that died in their care, much less when their bitchass nurse knew it was affecting them anyway but continued to drive the point in where the sun doesn't shine, they'd fucking choke a bitch.

Edited by Rehab

Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury. Pure cheese. However Garao MOTW is an awesome game

Cloud - The giant sword is cliche, and the personality not to my liking. FF7 is not an awesome game. (the opposite)

Roy - The runty appearance, and I hated his battle animation as well...an embarassment to Eliwood.

I got another. Senel Coolidge from ToL. He's too annoying and outright insults anyone he meets in the first half of the game, even though he does it to bad guys as well. Poor Will, who already got scolded enough by his own daughter.

A really popular one, at that. Besides, he's based on Kaiba's egotistical personality from the real Yugioh anyway, so you can still count him.

But it's done in a comical fashion, it's not teh real Kaiba. The "Real" Kaiba is egotistical, but not in such a comedic way. As in, he's lame and his abridged alter-ego isn't. And since you can remake pretty much everything to be funny, the same sort of thing should be applied to shadow.

Either way, Kaiba is pretty annoying in the original series. He was in complete denial over all that magical stuff when he witnesses it all first hand.