what game protaganist do u hate most?

aizengard

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

Link technically has no personality. IIRC Antiheroes need a personality to classify themselves as, well, antiheroes. Unless you mean the player who controls Link.

(Wind Waker Link and maybe Twilight Princess may be an exception)

Edit: Oh wait. Never mind. That's not what the topic is really about.

Edited by 21_21

If there's one protagonist that I hate the most, it's Emil Castagnier (sp?) from ToS:DotNW. He is an absolute pussy at the beginning, and I just wanted to rip my ears off. Thoguh he mans up a bit later on, his early pussiness has left a huge scar on the little respect that I had for him that will possibly never heal...thus I refuse to go on a second playthough in that game.

I would have to say Cloud. He is really overrated in my opinion.

Cloud must be absolute garbage if every single post I hear about him is him being bashed and he's still considered overrated.

That's the net for ya.

If there's one protagonist that I hate the most, it's Emil Castagnier (sp?) from ToS:DotNW. He is an absolute pussy at the beginning, and I just wanted to rip my ears off. Thoguh he mans up a bit later on, his early pussiness has left a huge scar on the little respect that I had for him that will possibly never heal...thus I refuse to go on a second playthough in that game.
I love that character. Better than a generic cocky heroic male lead like Lloyd from the last game. Marta on the other hand, is horrible. I refuse to play that game because of her.

I love that character. Better than a generic cocky heroic male lead like Lloyd from the last game. Marta on the other hand, is horrible. I refuse to play that game because of her.

i hate marta to but how can you not like lloyd?

out of all of the tales of games i have played (only 2) i liked him best.

I agree. Emil was trash.

every FF protagonist

:D INDEED!!!!!

Micaiah. Shes a bloody Mary Sue.

what? but you can just breeze through the game skipping cutscenes ( i have beaten it 5 time XD)

as for mine i can't really say i have an-- oh wait i do. Mario. He is called the jumpman but when you do really need him to jump gravity takes a toll on him.

Emil being different from the cocky main Tales standin doesn't mean he has anything to be proud of, or that he's unique overall. He does the job of a sadsack hero too well.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Cloud (Final Fantasy VII)

Vaan (Final Fantasy XII)

Raiden (at least in MGS2. He's going to be a bad ass in Rising)

Harry Mason (Silent Hill)

Those are the only ones I can think of atm. But yah.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Vaan (Final Fantasy XII)

Vaan I can understand, but why Sora?

Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Vaan (Final Fantasy XII)

Vaan I can understand, but why Sora?

Yaoi.

Pretty much any hero from FF7 on, especially Vaan and Tidus. I literally cringed when Tidus started going HA HA HA HA HA HA HA; and Vaan is symbolic of pretty much everything that's wrong with jRPG characters these days... not to mention you could take him out of the game and literally nothing would change plotwise.

Tidus is a pretty good character imo, at least he isn't moody all the time.

I think Vaan from FFXII is the worse protagonist ever; he was just this random character that was irrelevant to the storyline. It would make more sense if Ashe or Basch was the lead.

Yaoi.

Pretty much any hero from FF7 on, especially Vaan and Tidus. I literally cringed when Tidus started going HA HA HA HA HA HA HA; and Vaan is symbolic of pretty much everything that's wrong with jRPG characters these days... not to mention you could take him out of the game and literally nothing would change plotwise.

Yeah, I noticed that about Vaan as well, but I'm gonna have to go with Fearless on the one about Tidus. I actually think he has some personality in him.

And what about Vaan in the sequel Revenant Wings? Is he completely useless plot wise there too?

Every Final Fantasy character ever. The Pong paddles have more personality than those twits.

Also hate the majority of Fire Emblem lords because they have the SAME DAMN PERSONALITY EVERY GAME.

Micaiah-Sue certainly hasn't helped. Hell, the only GOOD lord after Sigurd was Hector.

Chip from Sonic Unleashed.

Yeah, he's damn irritating. Main reason why I mute the game.

For me, it has the ultra jackass known as Mario. Fuck Nintendo, Bowser should have been the protaganist.