what game protaganist do u hate most?

aizengard

How would the games sell however, with a LARGE ASS TURTLE DRAGON THING?

And Super Bowser Bros would be weird, the Bowser sprite was awkward, so I don't think the game would be nearly as awesome. Even if Mario's personality is at a minimum, he's still an iconic character.

Edited by ChocoBanana

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't call it Mario if it ain't got... well, you know.

But I actually ENJOY Mario if only for one thing: his incredible patience, I mean SERIOUSLY! What kind of man saves the same dumb bitch OVER and OVER and OVER again when he could have some other, slightly hotter broad?

It shows faith. And unmeasurable patience. Peach needs new fucking guards.

It shows faith. And unmeasurable patience. Peach needs new fucking guards.

She lives on a kingdom that has Mushroom people! No wonder why she's Bowser's nº1 bitch.

I dunno what you guys are talking about FF protagonists. I mean, from 4 to 7, they were actually pretty good. As for the others, I don't know.

Cloud is a cliche emo kid with hair and weaponry twice the size of his body. The other ones I can give you, but still. It is hard to deny the suckage that is FF protagonists.

And when Peach lives in a large castle filled with armed guards, plus the REVENUE her kingdom makes added with possible mercenary outsiders such as Koopas-

I'll just stop there...

Cloud is a cliche emo kid with hair and weaponry twice the size of his body. The other ones I can give you, but still. It is hard to deny the suckage that is FF protagonists.

Actually Cloud was before the emo kid became such a cliché. TV tropes had a entry somewhere expanding more on how hated the guy was without deserving it, need to find.

Complaining about Peach getting kidnapped over and over again isn't funny anymore. And how can anyone hate Bartz/Butz? He has a chocobo..

Oh, wanna know what's weird? I like FF4 more than 5, yet I'm more attached to the characters in 5.

Actually Cloud was before the emo kid became such a cliché. TV tropes had a entry somewhere expanding more on how hated the guy was without deserving it, need to find.

And yet he still retains his emo-like behavior. Not much of a change over the years, if ANY, and he still has the giant friggin sword.

And anti-heroes come in three flavors: well-thought out anti-heroes, poorly conceived anti-heroes, and Rorschach.

Lelouch is like that?

Aye, I'm afraid so. Geassing people to kill themselves with no remorse just to fulfill his goal and performing many seemingly evil actions like tormenting people's hearts seems to be plain sadism to me.

And yet he still retains his emo-like behavior. Not much of a change over the years, if ANY, and he still has the giant friggin sword.

If anything, the AC Cloud is the one that's deserving the hate, not the original psx FF7 Cloud.

Really? Because I hated his character from the moment I played and beat the game on release, along with almost the entire FFVII cast except Cid and maybe RedXIII for having a decent story. Now the rest of the cast is more interesting, but Cloud is still the same trash he was the first time I was introduced to him.

Sure Cloud being a good character is debatable, but AC is worse because nothing changed at all, everything that people hated is there.

You mean Barrett is still the black guy stereotype with a gatling gun for an arm with a beard?

Given FF's character "development" I am unsurprised. It's like they have a Character Personality board, except its a dart board, and they toss darts to determine the new hero's personality.

You mean Barrett is still the black guy stereotype with a gatling gun for an arm with a beard?

Actually I meant what you said about Cloud, and only about him.

Weird thing is, everyone takes a shit on him and on his game, still claming that's it's the most overrated game ever.

Generally speaking cloud was actually not emo during ff7. It wasn't until advent children that he became emo. He was more a han solo in the beginning and he did lighten up very early on in the game and made jokes several times throughout the game which is something only bartz from ff5 did until ff9/10 came out.

If you actually think cloud is emo in ff7 ... then honestly I don't think you actually played ff7. Cloud was not cliche for most people when we were first introduced to him as a character. Sure he has spikey hair and a giant sword but think about how mainstream anime was back then. You could easily look back on him now and call him cliche but back then he was pretty much new. He was much more deep than prior rpg protagonists and he had mental problems due to the experiments performed on him after nibelheim. The only popular game protagonist with spiky hair besides cloud before ff7 I can remember is crono.

Either cloud is overrated or he sucks. I am sick of this overrated and sucking bs.

Edited by Lancelot

Cloud was cliche back then even. The spiky hair, and the typical look for a shonen anime protagonist. For the big sword, just look at Guts from 'Berserk' which has been out since the 80s.

Cloud is overrated because the game, FF7 is overrated. Now I'm not a fan of the series, (I hate random encounters, find the battle systems incredibly boring, and really nothing in the series appeals to me) however true fans of the series who played the FFs before 7 consider it incredibly overrated as well.

Sephiroth gets a lot of hype, but at least he has a pretty cool design I must admit.

Cloud was cliche back then even. The spiky hair, and the typical look for a shonen anime protagonist. For the big sword, just look at Guts from 'Berserk' which has been out since the 80s.

Cloud is overrated because the game, FF7 is overrated. Now I'm not a fan of the series, (I hate random encounters, find the battle systems incredibly boring, and really nothing in the series appeals to me) however true fans of the series who played the FFs before 7 consider it incredibly overrated as well.

Sephiroth gets a lot of hype, but at least he has a pretty cool design I must admit.

FF as a series is overrated. And generally... if you talk to any ff fan about any ff game that isn't there numero uno.... then it's overrated. You should see the flame wars that break out on a daily basis.

FF as a series is overrated. And generally... if you talk to any ff fan about any ff game that isn't there numero uno.... then it's overrated. You should see the flame wars that break out on a daily basis.

The same could be said for any series; Halo, LoZ, Mario franchise, etc. not just exclusively to Final Fantasy.

To be on topic the only protagonist I hate is Krile from FFV. I would've rather just stuck with a party of Bartz, Lenna and Faris and not the

Galuf-replacement.

To be on topic the only protagonist I hate is Krile from FFV. I would've rather just stuck with a party of Bartz, Lenna and Faris and not the

Galuf-replacement.

Krile was really unlucky. Not only she gets a Mary Sue-ish personality, as he is the replacement of one of the best characters in the entire series.

I rather have Gilgamesh.

Edited by Rei of Nanto

Galuf-replacement.

Krile was really unlucky. Not only he gets a Mary Sue-ish personality, as he is the replacement of one of the best characters in the entire series.

I rather have Gilgamesh.

yes gilgamesh was a lot beter and the only one i liked in ff5.

also i thought krile was a girl not a guy.

I think I'm going to make the video-game equivalent of Godwin's Law:

As the length of any video game conversation concerning multiple game protagonists goes on, the probability of the conversation degrading into an argument of whether Cloud sucks or not, becomes one. Conversely, if it's about antagonists, this applies for Sephiroth.