An interesting note...

I'm pretty sure chapter 3-6 is in the same exact place as chapter 3-7. Anyone else notice this?

And then there are some chapters that are a lot like some PoR ones (ie: 3-12 and Por 25, 3-11 and PoR 23). Kinda cool to see how the places changed since PoR.

I'm pretty sure chapter 3-6 is in the same exact place as chapter 3-7. Anyone else notice this?

And then there are some chapters that are a lot like some PoR ones (ie: 3-12 and Por 25, 3-11 and PoR 23). Kinda cool to see how the places changed since PoR.

I don't think that PoR 25 and RD 3-12 take place on the same mountain range (or at the same point in the mountain range). PoR 25 is in Crimea, and RD 3-12 is in Daein.

On the other hand, I do like the parallel between PoR 23 and RD 3-11. I think the loose tiles are even in the same place.

Anyone notice how much the floor plan of the castle in Nevassa changed from PoR to RD? RD 1-Endgame hardly looks like PoR 21 at all.

I like nostalgic throwbacks to a previous game that's directly related. You get that tingly feeling of excitement down your spine.

Anyone notice how much the floor plan of the castle in Nevassa changed from PoR to RD? RD 1-Endgame hardly looks like PoR 21 at all.

Yeah, and then there is also Oliver's mansion. Also different.

At least Oliver's mansion is a ton easier to recognize than the Nevassa castle. Although I have this gut feeling that we might actually be in a different part of the castle since last game.

Edited by Fireman

Yeah, and then there is also Oliver's mansion. Also different.

Oliver's Mansion level was awesome in RD though. Yeah it was different but it was freaking great. Honestly my fave RD level.

On the other hand, I do like the parallel between PoR 23 and RD 3-11. I think the loose tiles are even in the same place.

That was awesome! However i didnt like that they actually changed the name of the bridge.

But it was called the Riven Bridge in PoR and yet it was called the Oribes Bridge in RD. Its obvious it was the same bridge but i didnt understand the name change.

I think these two posts may serve to explain the name change:

Oribes bridge is its proper name. They called it Riven bridge in FE9 and must have forgot about it.

I think that might be true. The strait between Daein and Crimea is called Oribes on both of the maps from PoR and RD. Well, on the map from PoR, it's called Orribes.

Link to the topic.

Edited by Fireman

But it was called the Riven Bridge in PoR and yet it was called the Oribes Bridge in RD. Its obvious it was the same bridge but i didnt understand the name change.

That reminds me of how Dinosaur Planet in Star Fox Assault was called Sauria instead. I know it technically is the same thing but still I like the former name better.