• Leanne
    • Rafiel
    • Reyson/Leanne
    • Reyson/Rafiel
    • Leanne/Rafiel
    • I like all 3 equally
    • I hate Herons!
    • Herons? I hate all sub-humans!!!

I like them all, but Rafiel and Reyson are just superior to Leanne. Out of those 2, Reyson can fly and has Canto, which is untrue of Rafiel, so Reyson is my favorite Heron.

Reyson, definitely. The most useful, but also in terms of personal opinion. I don't mind Rafiel, but he's not as 'special' as Reyson, and I've never found Leanne to be that interesting.

Reyson AND Leanne>Rafiel because not only do they have Canto, but they can fly over gaps. If you needed to say, move your heron 2 spaces forward so that a unit could move again to get out of the way, and your enemy has say, multiple long range enemies that could hit there even with units in the way, due to the canto ability Leanne and Reyson could defend themselves by flying out of the enemy's range. Rafiel would D-I-E.

For me, definitely Leanne. I mean, Reyson's cool and all, but Leanne is one of my favorite characters in the game.

Granted, she speaks the Ancient Tongue, and this makes it hard for people to know her personality. However, the Ancient Tongue can be translated directly into Roman text, so it is possible to understand what she says. This adds a whole new level of depth to her character. When she speaks her own language, the reader only recognizes a pristine heron speaking a language more ancient than the Common Tongue. She becomes 2D, imbued with an unrelatable wisdom and lost magic (Seid). However, if you can read what she says, you realize that she's really just a simple and really sweet girl. Having taken the time to translate her speech, I've become a big fan of hers. Besides, the pairing with Naesala is great.

Rafiel's sprite is cool-looking, but I'm not a big fan of his character art.

Inferior to the others due to not flying and not having Canto, definitely. But the fact that he's a Heron alone makes him better than bad. And the fact he can chant for four people at once.

It's just the missing Canto that ruins it for him most of all. He can't chant and return to safety.