Mario Kart Wifi is HORRIBLE

21_21

I HATE IT. I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE THAT PIECE OF GARBAGE NINTENDO LIKES TO REFER TO AS WIFI!!

Just yesterday, my vr was around 9800 and I was doing pretty well. I even beat few pros that were in the room. I then told myself "Well, 9999 is right there. Let's get it and get this whole thing over with once and for all".

Later that day, when I went back to wifi, I was racing very well (in rooms full of noobs albeit) and was maintaining my first place. However, Almost at the end of my second lap, I get a communication error and kicked out. I lost about 300 vr right there. I said to myself "No need to get angry. You can still get those easily in no time. After all, you're still in 9000's". I went to wifi again, and I ended up losing a total of about another 400 points because of a hacker after three races. (I suck very badly in rooms that have hacker). That was more than the CE prior to this. I started getting ticked off again, and decided to quit for the day.

Then today, I went back to wifi, hoping that a new day will bring new hopes of winning even more vrs. What did I get? I got a communication error that just dropped me down to 8700 vrs and the second time I went to wifi, I successfully managed to finish the race in FIRST PLACE and about 10 seconds after, ANOTHER COMMUNICATION ERROR. BUT WAIT, I finished the race in FIRST PLACE before I got that, so aren't I supposed to get some vr points before I get kicked out?

Nope. Rather, I went down to 8500's. So, in just two days, I went from 9800 to 8500 with loads of communication errors and a hacker. I'd rather get a blue shell that costs me my first place than deal with all again >_<

Edited by 21_21

*Mario Kart Wii is HORRIBLE

You accidentally put an 'f' there. :b

Haha. Well it's not that bad. I mean, aside from items being broken as hell, the game itself is alright. But there are obviously much better MK's out there, like one for N64 imo.

I agree.

Now, I'm not the type that's like "blah blah blah I'm the most skilled, so I should win!" but in my experience with Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Wii, I'd be a better driver than everyone else I played with but the item system screws me over way too hard. On the 64, it wasn't so bad. I could deal with constant red shells and the occasional blue shell.

Someone already beat me to making the joke correction that you accidentally added an F, so now I don't know what to say. Other than enjoy your rape.

odd i have been disconnected many time yet i don't remember losing points, the points board would come up and i would get points i some points iirc.

odd i have been disconnected many time yet i don't remember losing points, the points board would come up and i would get points i some points iirc.

I think that's because you were disconnected after a race has ended, like when the list of players who are in the room is in the middle of loading, you must have been disconnected in the process. That's the only way I can think of being disconnected and not losing points for it.

I didn't find Wi-Fi to be bad. I only saw one hacker after many times of playing, and I never get lag. People are really competitive though which is fun.

I may be wrong in this one, but I'm guessing that the strength of wifi might partly depend on how far apart people in the multiplayer is, as in one person in the east coast might be vsing several from west coast, and you could have a much higher chance of being disconnected.

Like I said, I may be wrong, because then people would have this problem when versing worldwide, but this is just what's happening to me, or so it seems.

Edited by 21_21

I haven't seen an online game for the Wii that I didn't think was horrible. XD

Water Warfare is pretty awesome, coming from someone who doesn't care too much for shooters. Only $8, too.

Mario Kart series... I like to be playing block forts with three others around an N64.

I agree.

Now, I'm not the type that's like "blah blah blah I'm the most skilled, so I should win!" but in my experience with Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Wii, I'd be a better driver than everyone else I played with but the item system screws me over way too hard. On the 64, it wasn't so bad. I could deal with constant red shells and the occasional blue shell.

Me too. In MKWii, I could go from winning in first, to losing in 5th place if I get unlucky. Usually I do get unlucky, and it's usually on the last lap. <_<

http://i31.tinypic.com/2zp8cic.png

I'll just leave this here.

Personally, I think that's an over exaggeration. I found it funny though.

Oh, similar things happened quite often to me. Not always did it throw me back to 12th place, but usually at least to 7th or behind.

Items should be banned from WiFi. They're too frigging broken.

Edited by Raymond

I think that's because you were disconnected after a race has ended, like when the list of players who are in the room is in the middle of loading, you must have been disconnected in the process. That's the only way I can think of being disconnected and not losing points for it.

not really, the race would start and right away i'd be getting disconnected. I had an unstable connection but i atleast had it back then now i have nothing :(

http://i31.tinypic.com/2zp8cic.png

I'll just leave this here.

Funny pic, but I'll have to agree with one of the posters above about it being a little exaggerated. Unfortunately, that happened to me several times, but the worst case scenario was it dropped me all the way to tenth place.

Right when a blue shell hit me, I was dropped down to fifth place, and someone starred me down to eighth place. Since I was right in front of finish line, I was like "Ah well, few inches left", but then two drivers just passed by me and put me to TENTH WTF?

Status update: I decided to use Daisy on wifi and it felt......different.....=D

Edited by 21_21