High School

Lux Aeterna

You're calling me stupid and spoiled for my personal decision?

Personal decisions can be stupid. It sounds to me like you've not thought through the bad scenarios that might happen and you seem overconfident in that idea that everything will go just how you planned it, hence you are being foolish. You're spoilt because you expect your father to give you everything for the rest your life.

Edited by Shuuda

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're calling me stupid and spoiled for my personal decision?

Personal decisions can be stupid. It sounds to me like you've not thought through the bad scenarios that might happen and you seem overconfident in that idea that everything will go just how you planned it, hence you are being foolish. You're spoilt because you expect your father to give you everything for the rest your life.

You don't even KNOW my situation.

Second of all, I have the right to my own personal decisions without RIDICULE. I can understand disagreeing, but what you are saying is simply disrespectful. Advice would be appropriate to expressing you disagree. Tell me what I should do different, not just say my choice is stupid, and foolish. That's disrespectful, and the forum rules state under the attitude of forum members:

1. Please show respect towards ALL members, no matter who they are.

I do not feel respected with a STAFF member saying my choices are stupid, and doesn't even offer advice on what should be done. That isn't constructive criticism at all, it's down right insulting.

I am in a family with a lot of money. Me father says that he'll pay for anything I want until he dies, and when he does I get basically everything, and half the profits from the business he owns, which me sis will be handling. I'll have all the money I'll ever need for the rest of my life.

So, you're going to risk your life on the assumption that nothing bad financially will ever happen to your family? Stupid and spoilt.

Alright, so my location and heritage makes me completely irrelevant, and only Americans matter in this subject?

That is because the American education system is different from ours.

I'll give you the second one, but WHAT?

You're calling me stupid and spoiled for my personal decision? That's a blatant insult, from a MODERATOR. What the hell is that shit?

Well, he's kinda right. You SHOULDN'T rely on others for your own financial security, because shit DOES happen, things DO go wrong, and if you can't support yourself when the time comes, well, then you're fucked. Your point of view on this matter is very narrow, and yes it's a bit of an insult to call you spoiled, but I'm sure when he said stupid he was referring to the decision, and not you. However he called you spoiled in an attempt to basically knock some sense into you. You don't seem to get it, sure if your Dad has quite a bit of money, that's great. What if he dies? Or what if someone has to undergo shitloads of medical treatment all of the sudden because of some unforeseen condition? Then that money gets drained or disappears altogether, and then where are you left? There are a million things that could go wrong that will sap more money from you in an instant than you could ever believe. Not fulfilling your own education so you can actually, you know, hold a job is an incredibly stupid move, is narrow minded, and short sighted on top of that. We're not here to insult you, but we don't want you to screw yourself over either.

And God dammit, stop reporting every post Chris makes that rubs you the wrong way. Seriously, saying someone isn't relevant is NOT a flame.

I am in a family with a lot of money. Me father says that he'll pay for anything I want until he dies, and when he does I get basically everything, and half the profits from the business he owns, which me sis will be handling. I'll have all the money I'll ever need for the rest of my life.

So, you're going to risk your life on the assumption that nothing bad financially will ever happen to your family? Stupid and spoilt.

Alright, so my location and heritage makes me completely irrelevant, and only Americans matter in this subject?

That is because the American education system is different from ours.

I'll give you the second one, but WHAT?

You're calling me stupid and spoiled for my personal decision? That's a blatant insult, from a MODERATOR. What the hell is that shit?

Well, he's kinda right. You SHOULDN'T rely on others for your own financial security, because shit DOES happen, things DO go wrong, and if you can't support yourself when the time comes, well, then you're fucked. Your point of view on this matter is very narrow, and yes it's a bit of an insult to call you spoiled, but I'm sure when he said stupid he was referring to the decision, and not you. However he called you spoiled in an attempt to basically knock some sense into you. You don't seem to get it, sure if your Dad has quite a bit of money, that's great. What if he dies? Or what if someone has to undergo shitloads of medical treatment all of the sudden because of some unforeseen condition? Then that money gets drained or disappears altogether, and then where are you left? There are a million things that could go wrong that will sap more money from you in an instant than you could ever believe. Not fulfilling your own education so you can actually, you know, hold a job is an incredibly stupid move, is narrow minded, and short sighted on top of that. We're not here to insult you, but we don't want you to screw yourself over either.

And God dammit, stop reporting every post Chris makes that rubs you the wrong way. Seriously, saying someone isn't relevant is NOT a flame.

How does saying my choice is stupid, and offering no advice then saying my opinion doesn't matter helping me? How is "dumber than a rock" NOT an insult? How is "stupid and spoiled" not an insult? Are there not nicer ways to say such things?

"Hey, I disagree with your decision, here is why, and here is what I think you could do instead:"

"I think you should consider this option:"

"You shouldn't do this because: -stuff here-. Here's what I would do if I were you:"

There are SO many nicer ways of saying it. Calling a mate spoiled and stupid is NOT respectful. I'm even more disappointed that it was DEFENDED. I understand defending their POINT, that I should do things differently, but neither offered any advice on what should be done differently. Simply criticized and gave no meaningful advice. Plus they approached the subject in a manner that was not only disrespectful, but unprofessional on the staff's part. Blatant insults are not respectful, and it's obvious that when you insult someone you instigate them, and even worse you lower the chance of them even listening to your advice. There are so many nicer, polite, professional ways to approach the matter.

I am severely disappointed in the staff's handling of the situation, and my confidence in them has dropped a peg or two. It's a bloody shame.

Look, do you know of a nice way to say "You're spoiled and short-sighted, you should think a little more next time" other than saying that flat out? Sure He didn't add on the end part of that, so it comes across as a straight insult, and I probably would have avoided that if I were him. I'm sure he's aware of that by now. But there's no way of getting around calling someone spoiled, if you want to let them know that they're acting that way. You just gotta say it. Besides, that level of disrespect is on a whole different level then "Get the fuck out", "Go die in a fire", "Stop being a douche", and these are the things we're really looking for when we're moderating. Just because you're a little irked because someone called you spoiled, and they didn't even call you a spoiled brat, just spoiled, doesn't mean I should start smacking some heads around. You need to learn to roll with the punches a little more. Life isn't rainbows and butterflies all the time. This isn't a holy sanctuary where nobody can offend anyone in the slightest. If you think it is, well then you're in for a surprise. And I gave you some advice: go finish your education, so you're at least prepared if something happens. You have the money to do so, and most likely all the time in the world, so I don't see what the issue is.

I'll admit that I was perhaps over the line, hence why I edited the insult out of my post. However, people are not required to be nice to you, nor is being "nice" the best way to say something. I was stating my honest opinion, not trying to give you advice.

Edited by Shuuda

I am not religous...but I do happen to believe in this thing called "Monogamy".

Well, of course. Only one person should get your full undying love. Only one can.

True. I sometimes feel better about people being polygamic in many cultures and societies, that way I feel a little bit more...um, different.

It can be a little sad sometimes considering some people won't actually "love" each other...the word "love" has gone so may times from hand to hand that many people mistake it with sex and lust these days, many people marry as a like trapping their mate so they don't have sex with others and they can keep them. Man...sorry, my logic souns so horriible...

Edited by soul1112

Gordon Freemeow, this is exactly why education is important. You're reading everything wrong and taking it as an insult. We're simply saying that in the case of an event, you have a decent job and education to help pull yourself back up.

I blame your dad mostly, for telling you you don't have to go to school, or get a job. And don't take that the wrong way, I don't even know your dad, so I can't say if he's a bad guy. All I'm saying is that you both should THINK THINGS THROUGH.

PS: Hm, I find it odd at how confident you are in your father's funds. Your dad must be an extremely important man to Scotland. Or maybe he's a business tycoon.

Then Superbus' comment was on mark.

I am not religous...but I do happen to believe in this thing called "Monogamy".

Well, of course. Only one person should get your full undying love. Only one can.

True. I sometimes feel better about people being polygamic in many cultures and societies, that way I feel a little bit more...um, different.

It can be a little sad sometimes considering some people won't actually "love" each other...the word "love" has gone so may times from hand to hand that many people mistake it with sex and lust these days, many people marry as a like trapping their mate so they don't have sex with others and they can keep them. Man...sorry, my logic souns so horriible...

THat's getting off topic, you may want to make another thread out of that.

Pretty much for me.

0 Period: FIX THE GOD DAMN FORM. MARCHING BAND IS SRS BSNS, meng.

1st Period: Lol my honors english class is so gangster o-o.

2nd Period: lol jazz band. Actually enjoyable. If we didn't suck so much.

3rd Period: lolwut Spanish I where the teacher gives us 0.5 extra credit if we raise our hand.

4th Period: PE. Mostly filled with complete idiots. It's a GODSEND that my two best friends are there. Too bad they're both in a different class. The people I have to rely on include this one guy who is a good guy, but I never actually knew, and this one guy who's purposely an ass to everyone.

5th Period: Lolgeometry.

6th Period: LolBiology with a teacher who thinks I'm the dumbest person ever. Seriously, she wouldn't let me grade papers when the entire class was doing it because she felt I was too much of a dumbass to do so.

6th Period: LolBiology with a teacher who thinks I'm the dumbest person ever. Seriously, she wouldn't let me grade papers when the entire class was doing it because she felt I was too much of a dumbass to do so.

Atleast you don't have to grade them . I hate grading dammed papers. i had 10 points of last time i did somethiing like that. i suck at that. :(

Biology is truly a joke in high school. Anyone can pass if the work gets done.

LOL, so true.

well thats a relief. i'm taking it this year and i hear we have to pass a test in order to graduate

OK, since all my posts are getting reported, I'll make this one nice and easy to report:

Yes, Gordon Freemeow, I DO think you're "dumber than a rock". I think this because I have seen kids with inheritances come, go, and lose their money exceptionally quickly. It's called experience, and my experiences tell me that people that have said the same thing as you over the years have come to regret their words. This transcends nationality. My words aren't meant as a flame, ie "you suck"; this is an observance on my part. You can take it however you want, I really don't care. But there's a reason it's almost cliché that people who don't have the skills or discipline to keep their money end up losing it, and judging from what you say and do - and your whiny, entitled personality - you are sorely lacking in both.

Your family has money; I'm willing to bet they didn't win it in a lottery or on a game show. They worked for it, fought for it, and grew it. The fact that they would pass this on to someone who doesn't appreciate the wealth they've been born into is a bit disheartening, but I do hope you learn some discipline so that you can at least leave *SOME* impact on this world, instead of just being a parasite.

In short, you ARE mediocre, by the rote definition of the term. You don't have a plan, you have a convenience.

I feel like contributing to this topic.

I have a feeling that Junior year of High School will probably be the hardest year in my life. According to others, it seems to be true. >_> I also have Marching Band, which takes away around 3-4 hours every few days.

Edited by Eltoshen

I regret performing as poorly as I did throughout high school.

I as well. I slacked off a LOT, so much so as to fail my freshman year's English class, solely because I refused to read the books assigned. When I went to summer school, I had nothing to do but do the work, so I ended up getting the material finished in class much, much earlier than everyone else, got an A, and then played Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow the rest of the time. That's how much I had been slacking off during the school year (And yes this was the same teacher).

I got better as time moved on, and by Senior year, I began to actually care, so I had a high Senior Year GPA, but because of the earlier years, my cumulative GPA was only 2.9. If it had been 3.0, I would have gotten a 75% scholarship for college automatically. :/ It's okay though, because I had Florida Prepaid, and Pell Grants ended up paying for my books (and kickass computer).

I have a feeling that Junior year of High School will probably be the hardest year in my life.

That was true for me. Well, I don't know if the material was harder per se, but there seemed to be more work which was harder to manage compared to previous years.

Why do you say that? In what ways is it affecting your life now?

^Yeah, story please

I finally have a challenging, fun-looking year lined up. Only have an unweighted cumulative GPA hovering a bit above 3, but hoping to be an A studet since I actually seem to do better when the workload is more consistently challenging in AP's and the (from what I have heard of it) study-a-thon that is Anatomy and Physiology than in the coast-to-B's mentality Honors classes seem to encourage in me.

I as well. I slacked off a LOT, so much so as to fail my freshman year's English class, solely because I refused to read the books assigned. When I went to summer school, I had nothing to do but do the work, so I ended up getting the material finished in class much, much earlier than everyone else, got an A, and then played Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow the rest of the time. That's how much I had been slacking off during the school year (And yes this was the same teacher).

I got better as time moved on, and by Senior year, I began to actually care, so I had a high Senior Year GPA, but because of the earlier years, my cumulative GPA was only 2.9. If it had been 3.0, I would have gotten a 75% scholarship for college automatically. :/ It's okay though, because I had Florida Prepaid, and Pell Grants ended up paying for my books (and kickass computer).

My Junior year, towards the end, I didn't even show up. Mostly because I was spending my Senior year as a college student. This, along with simple work, didn't really give me much incentive to even show. I think I missed well over forty tallied days or so without a dent to my grades.

My region's educational system is quite different from the majority of yours, so I'll explain my academic life between ages 11-16.

I've never been a brilliant student, and my marks are barely good enough to pass. I don't think I've even taken a test seriously in my life. I just let it slip thinking "That's the best I can do", and keep on keeping my marks on the 5/10 line.

I've always been quite the loner. On my first day in, I was alone against the wall waiting for the doors to open. The idea was to avoid getting caught in the flow of people and get in among the last. When some guy I didn't know asked me to get in, I just replied "Don't like crowds". That catchphrase followed me for about three months before it begun losing its fun. In my class, there were about four people I knew from before, but never really talked to them. Then there was also this guy who disliked me, the only people in universe who didn't give a hoot about him. Thanks to that, I got unfriendly with about 90% of the class male companions. Female ones usually treated me as invisible, as they were far too busy talking about their love interests (read: any other male save for me) or fixig their makeup to bother knowing me. Not that I wanted anyone to get close to me anyway.

I also had the typical "clasroom best friend", the guy who always stays aside of everything, has no troubles, no problems, and no friends. Some other people was also quite nice, but we were a vast minority. We were together until the second year, when he switched home and we lost tracking of each other.

The year ended quite like it begun; only bothered talking to a few people, getting into fights daily, and with average marks. Back then I was timid and coward, and had by no means the fighting proficiency I have now. Had I had it, things could have been a lot different. At any rate, I hate fighting and hurting other people. That's probably why I've never been able to. I still have my fears, of course. But my fear of people worsened, and gradually turned into hate, and later, the most absolute indifference. That's my way now, never giving a damn about anyone.

tl;dr version: shy kid with fear of people gets bullied and is too coward to fight back; changes later.

If you consider this interesting enough, I'll post about the rest of my High School years.

I never tried in high school either. I set my priorities in school, and my social life was at the top. I strongly believe that I made the right decision. We live in a world filled with a lot of people, and the only way to get anywhere in this world is to learn how to deal with them. I'm very comfortable around people. I did not become comfortable around people spending all of my free time doing assignments and stressing over school. In high school I met people. I made friends. I had fun. I made a name for myself. Although it doesn't seem fair, becoming successful is about who you know more than anything else, so it doesn't hurt to make as many friends as possible in high school, because even though these particular high school friends might never amount to anything that will contribute to your success, you have at least gained experience with dealing with other people, which I will stress again, is an integral part of life.

And as far as the matter about the sexual intensity of high school students, I fail to see why it's so bad. For some reason sex has turned into some kind of evil, terrible thing that is too taboo to talk about in almost any situation. I mean dammit, people need to stop blushing at every mention of sex and just accept that fact that creatures on this world, including humans, will always feel the need to reproduce. If young men did not feel the urge to insert their penises into attractive women's vaginae, then our race would have died out a long time ago. We were all given our private parts for a reason, and that reason is not just solely urination, We all owe our existence to the dirty deed, and I'm sick and tired of sex being made out to be this terrible thing that is extremely dangerous. I'm tired of the ridiculous scare tactics against sex. Sex is one of the best things in this world and you shouldn't avoid it because you heard it is a terrible evil. Oh, and there is this little thing called a condom, which can be teamed up with the pill for the paranoid.