Clock Abuse Tutorial

Meteor

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if these exact times work in New Mystery? (Those who actually have the game, not a rom...)

Did some testing with alot of people and narrowed down the 12-21-12 1:26 time.

Hp40%str30%mag40%skl30%spd30%luck60%def5%res10

This would be a +7 for archerlena if the str were 5% lower.

That's a great find! A perfect upgrade for a Mature Maria in New Mystery! If these times work in New Mystery this'll save alot of hunting...

Edited by Maria's bro

If anyone could find a +6 for cleric Lena I would be most appreciative.

Edit actually I didn't find that time. I just narrowed it down, it's a +6 for Mage!Linda

Edit2 Narrowed down that 3-26-07 2:35 time.

Hp15 Str?? Mag20 Skl25 Spd20 Luck60 Def?? Res20.

It turns out it's a +6 for Lena!cleric. : )

Edited by Silent_Assasin

If anyone could find a +6 for cleric Lena I would be most appreciative.

Edit actually I didn't find that time. I just narrowed it down, it's a +6 for Mage!Linda

Edit2 Narrowed down that 3-26-07 2:45 time.

Hp15 Str?? Mag20 Skl25 Spd20 Luck60 Def?? Res20.

It turns out it's a +6 for Lena!cleric. : )

Alright! I knew I didn't test the time with anyone else, so WOW, that's a good time! But you mean 2:35, right? :blink:

Did some testing with alot of people and narrowed down the 12-21-12 1:26 time.

Hp40%str30%mag40%skl30%spd30%luck60%def5%res10

This would be a +7 for archerlena if the str were 5% lower.

Tested, only a +5 for Sniper Lena. And I think you meant HP instead of strength.

Tested with some faceless and narrowed down that time to a 20 in skill and only a 10 in speed. Ah, if only that HP was 35%...then it would be perfect.

12-21-2012 - 1:26 [40 30 40 20 10 60 5 10] Still not very useful to the general fodder.

Once again, does anyone know if these times work on the literal game cartridge for New Mystery?

Edited by Maria's bro

01-01-2099 2:57 [35 (?>60) 20 15 20 20 5 40] 55% Hit, 21% critical

Tested with a bunch of characters in a bunch of different classes. Could someone check the resistance with someone with no dynamic growths? I found it with Bishop Lena who could have had dynamics screwing things up.

All the rest of the growths are authentic, I am sure, and tested extremely; so the growths are pretty exact. The hit and critical can probably still be perfected.

01-01-2099 2:27 [? ? ? 50 30 40 ? ?] 1% critical.

Edited by Maria's bro

NOTE: This reply is to only one of the three times on the post I'm giving you that I believe has some vital typos. The time in reply is in bold. The other two times are crossed out, as I'm not replying to them at this point in time. However, you're still free to test those times for errors if you're willing:

It really is not that complex =\.

Anyway, here are some of my level ups. For the time, I wait until the "Time Saved" thing goes away, then press b twice and then a. Then immediately turn the DS back on and spam a until I'm at the title screen.

For all of these level-ups, attack method was Me-Enemy-Me.

1) Date: 8/24/09

Time: 20:42

Notes: Enemy must HIT your character

Ogma!Mercenary: Hp, Str, Skill, Spd, Luck

2) Date: 8/24/09

Time: 02:20

Notes: Enemy must MISS your character

Ogma!Mercenary and Barst!Fighter: Hp, Str, Spd, Def

3) Date: 8/24/09

Time: 22:30

Notes: Enemy must HIT your character

Ogma!Mercenary: Hp, Str, Skill, Def

I have more but these are the best I have found so far, and the others I'm not sure if you have to hit or miss the enemy. Also, I haven't tested each of these with enough characters to find the actual RNs they produce, just that for Ogma!Mercenary they all work. The second was tested with Barst too.

Tested the third and last of above times...

You gave up, Meteor? I blame that feeling on two typos of sorts on the minutes slot on the last time that, as interpreted, unless they are edited, could lead to level-ups in different stat areas than those listed if they are attempted as they are currently. For example, on the third and last time, I found that if you just flip the 3 and the 0 n the minutes slot and use the resulting, modified time of 22:03, you'll find that the same areas go up by one as those listed on the respective time, provided that the enemy MISSES(second typo's solution), rather than HITS(second typo), your character, of course!

Edited by shadowjam

I'm sorry... I can't parse what you're asking me. I gave up on what exactly?

on trying to level up a character using a particular time. Remember this some 22 minutes after the post I quoted in my previous reply?:

I tried that... and gave up. Sage Minerva is pretty bad, too. If you don't care about Magic, Dracoknight Boah is probably the best option. However, the odds of a perfect level up are really low.

Archer Lena 105,820:1

Sage Minerva 416,667:1

Dracoknight Boah: 500,000:1

To put that in perspective: If you could test 2 level ups per minute, it would take about 174 days to get a +7 for Boah.

If that post wasn't directed to the post quoted-on-my-reply, maybe I misinterpreted the meaning of your post. In that case, I apologize. Just thought that a certain time wasn't good as currently written, but could become good if individual digits are switched around, and thus, becomes a time worth sharing, that's all...

Edited by shadowjam

My reply about giving up was directed at the post directly preceding it.

I should start a new NM file to see if I can score a +8 level up
I tried that... and gave up.

I never included the times in that post you quoted because he used a different method than mine, which is much less useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Partially narrowed down Uiru's 3:06 time. Is it OK?:

Original time:

08-27-2009 03:06 [15, 25, ?, 60, 15, 25, 5, 2]

New, narrowed time:

08-27-2009 03:06 [15, 25, ?, (exactly?)55, 15, 25, 5, 2] by Uiru

Method of coming up with it:

My Marth grew Skill at level 6 after using the above time for 5 level-ups in a row from level 1(due to DGs). If the above time has a minimum total growth rate for increase(MTGR4I) of 60, and Marth has a Starting TGR of 40 in skill, then the RN calculated on the above time would've had to be 59 or lower in order to increase my Marth's skill on a level-up, something that Marth won't achieve the first time until the level-up to lv. 7 in the above conditions, assuming that the game calculates DGs after the level-up(which is the case in the actual game), because Marth's TGR won't get that high until then, but he gained Skill at lv. 6 in my case, meaning the calculated RN in skill in the above time is not 60, but 55, and in this game, the RN's value plus 1 is equal to the MTGR4I for that particular time, which in this case, is equal to 56 if the CA technique is used...

Edited by shadowjam

Does anyone know who actually discovered clock abuse?

I'm not sure about the answer, but I assume It all started early in the same year as Pokemon Platinum's US release, as before the year 2009, it was harder to find a perfect-but-legit fighter on a DS game, as clock abuse wasn't made popular yet. However, one week before the time Platinum came out in the US, the first traces of RNG abuse for better fighters was made public. Since then, people finally discovered a way to make their pokemon stronger, as time is one of those factors that makes up the initial seed that controls their fighters' stat-ups. But as this discovery is based on the hardware, where the time is stored, the affected games are more in number than the no. of pokemon games released on the DS combined, but beyond the clock factor, the methods involving how it works varies on the game inserted into the DS, as the range of numbers generated vary from game to game. For example, while the instructions on this thread apply to Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, those instructions may not apply to other games, and the range of numbers that can be possibly generated as RNs in FE:SD may differ from other games released for the DS .

But now there's one more catch to remember: according to what I read on the Internet, Nintendo got word of the findings 1 year after the clock abuse trick's discovery, and once they did, they implemented a new system that made clock abuse for making it easier to strengthen your fighters quicker harder to actually achieve: the time in newer games will be read at new file creation, then the time will be locked in so that the player can't change the clock hoping that the software doesn't ignore their change in that time so that their fighters will be stronger without the need for the player to wait until that time is reached in real time.

Edited by shadowjam

• 1 month later...

So I've been playing around with more times.

This is all I have ATM.

I'll be working with more tonight though.

mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm  02/24/2016 23:58

Exactly my 20th Birthday. I don't know if Birthday settings afftect the time.

Marth gains HP, Str, Spd, and Luck.

Frey gains HP, Skill, Spd, and Luck.

Marth grows to level four and hasn't gained skill yet. He gains HP, Str, Skill, Spd, and Luck. Therefore (counting dynamic growths) the Skill growth is between 44-48.

Cain gains HP, Skill, Spd, and Luck.

< less than

> greater than

[<80,<36,?,41-48,<50,<70,?,?]

12/21/2012 00:00

Marth gains Skill and Luck.

[?,?,?,<40,?<70,?,?]

Edited by Spy

• 1 month later...

I tested a few hours of clock abuse times with Minerva Sage, and actually got quite close:

02-29-2004 03:24 [15, 5, 30, 55, 25, 25, 5, 15]

Another good one for magic users: 02-29-2004 03:38 [50, 75, 20, 15, 35, 10, 5, 20]

I am mostly certain about the second time, but the Hp of the first one may be 10

EDIT: Tested the luck of the 3:24 time with Abel.

Edited by Dark Flame

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you know of a time to help level up the stats of thise people?

Archer->Sniper Frey

Archer-> Sniper Able

Archer->sniper Tomis

Sniper Jorge

Archer-> Sniper Gorden

Mage-> Sage Murric

Mage-> Sage Linde

Might be a lot of questions to ask though...

Pinned? is that bad? :unsure:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

uh necropost? And is that even the right game? That looks like a dancer in the screenshot which would make that FE12. This is the forum for FE11.

You can't necropost a pinned thread. To necropost a topic it needs to be over a month old and not on the first page. Anyway, are the times from FE11 and FE12 the same?

• 3 weeks later...

May I contribute?

7-26-2012 8:00

All units gain:

HP, STR/ MAG, SKL, SPD, DEF/ RES.

Luck will pop in on occasion for a perfect level up if unit gains experience on enemy turn 30-45 seconds after being hit by opponent.

For best results, immediately hold B down after the hour mark chime plays in your DS' internal clock. Units will not Crit during this level up, and I highly recommend being careful with this time when leveling up Archers, Snipes and Priests. especially in the arena. Arena bets will range anywhere from 670-710 (non promotes) and 950-1010 (Promotes). Promoted Units will gain anywhere from 1-2 HP leveling up (as is the case with both my Wolf and Zagaro).