Inglourious Basterds

Kedyns Crow

I saw that in another topic Inglourious Basterds was briefly being discussed so I decided to make a separate topic for it. I thought the film was brilliant, and that the performance by Christoph Waltz was one of the greatest feats of acting I've ever seen. I also mentioned in the other topic (even though it was off topic in that thread) that Inglourious Basterds has replaced Pulp Fiction as my favorite Tarintino film.

I saw the midnight showing. Thought of making a topic, but didn't.

Anyway, it was definitely unique to me (Only Tarantino film I've seen is Pulp Fiction. Long story short, I don't understand why so many people love that movie). I really loved Brad Pitt's character, I thought he pulled it off perfectly. The only real issue I had with it was that little thing at the end...

That's definitely not how Hitler actually died.

Best movie I have seen in a long time. I'd see it in theaters, again, right now (If I didn't have to pay[gay]). This is probably my favorite Tarintino film and maybe even my favorite film of all time.

o and btw hans landa was incredible

@ Red Fox of Fire

I for one loved it because of the Tarintino style movie. The witty and interesting dialogue with long scenes of suspense (Example: Interrogation scenes). Each character feels vivid in my mind and Tarintino's scenes and camera angles really help you feel the emotion. Inglourious Basterds had me thinking about the movie long after it was over and I was on the edge of my seat even with the long dialogues.

And for the spoiler, the movie was Tarintino's take on the war, not a non-fiction.

(Only Tarantino film I've seen is Pulp Fiction. Long story short, I don't understand why so many people love that movie).

May I ask what exactly you didn't like about it?

As for me I know I'll see it soon and I should love it as well. Perhaps it's going to surpass my favorite as well ( I preferred Reservoir Dogs over Pulp Fiction myself ).

I've seen Pulp Fiction as well, and I dislike like it because of the amount of unnecessary violence. Some parts of it are good, like the "Say what again" line is fucking hilarious, and so is most of that dude's story, but the rest of the movie? Eh...

Anyway, it was definitely unique to me (Only Tarantino film I've seen is Pulp Fiction. Long story short, I don't understand why so many people love that movie). I really loved Brad Pitt's character, I thought he pulled it off perfectly. The only real issue I had with it was that little thing at the end...

That's one thing I liked about Inglourious Basterds: during the course of the movie, you're thinking "well, I know how Hitler died, so Operation Kino is doomed to fail, because he certainly wasn't assassinated," and then, bam, Hitler gets shot in the face and history is altered.

I've seen Pulp Fiction as well, and I dislike like it because of the amount of unnecessary violence. Some parts of it are good, like the "Say what again" line is fucking hilarious, and so is most of that dude's story, but the rest of the movie? Eh...

Unnecessary violence? There wasn't one scene that was unnecessarily violent. Moreover, a lot of it wasn't even explicit, usually either involving sound effects added in without using blanks, the individual shot being offscreen, or both.

The only point that is even really gory at all was Marvin's death.

That's one thing I liked about Inglourious Basterds: during the course of the movie, you're thinking "well, I know how Hitler died, so Operation Kino is doomed to fail, because he certainly wasn't assassinated," and then, bam, Hitler gets shot in the face and history is altered.

Exactly. That was basically what I was thinking throughout most of the movie, and wasn't sure how far he was going to take it.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Tarintino has an ability to create an extremely intense situation, build it up to the point that you're sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next, and then do something that makes you start cracking up laughing. It never gets old for me.

• 4 weeks later...