FE TOURNY 3

Soren9934

All right in early july i tried to host a tournament but unfortuantly i got sick and my internet when AWOL at the same time I would like to host another tournament that people can participate in. Again i apologize for last times disaster and hope that this time it will be a bit better.

Date will be deceided based on when people want it

Rules

banned tactics

any tatic that gives a player a significant advantedge due to player order is banned.

examples are

area 3 clogging cells that player one can clog

player one is not allowed to attack on turn one and neither is player 2 may attack at any time

other tactics are allowed

I will keep the Round 1 rule of no braves or forges

For those of you who may join this tourny series for the first time the rule is you cannot against your first oppenent be allowed to use forged or brave weapons. In any other round you are allowed to use whatever you want.

I am going to up the stat cap rule to 35 maxed stats a team as people will have had more time to RNG. This gives each player on average 7 out of 8 maxed stats. however i am letting you max them on some characters rather then on others. I wil think you cheated if you have 8 out of 8 stats maxed in general but since i can't prove it i will allow some but not all to be (unless their manaketes). Hp WILL BE INCLUDED AS A MAXED STAT.

any amount of braves will be allowed on each team this time. NO cap on brave weapons.

Matches

turn limits and timer and counter pick

turn limits will be decided on map.

map 1 5 turns

map 2 7 turns

map 3 6 turns ( debate if this should be banned now i have removed the blocking rule, you can put more limitations on it later)

map 4 6 turns

map 5 10 turns

map 6 9 turns

turn time limit will be set to 3 minutes to stop delay

if your oppenent reaches the turn limit 3 times he/ she is disqualified for stalling.

counter picks.

Some teams do better on some maps then others. So I wil implement the brawl counterpicking system,

the loser of the previous round may pick a counter pick stage and change their team. THE WINNER MUST USE THE SAME TEAM IF THEY WON ON THE PREVIOUS MATCH.

:blacknight9

2Astralunasol

3 luigi bros

4 Eltoshen

5 Quanchino

6 Meteor

7Cheezeperson

10 GeradGerard

11Giffca

12Zakearys

the date will be TOMMOROW AT 5:30 Pm eastern

note it wouldn't let me post in tourny room so feel free to move this their mods

http://webchat.freenode.net/

Edited by BlacknightSoren

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll join. Though shit, no braves first round? D8

in the last tourny a number of people appreciated the first round rule. and asked for it again in 2 (which never occured)

since you don't need to AA it shouldn't take to long to create a team like this,

this was a round 1 match recorded by sylvan in the last tourny. i thank sylvan again for filming it. It is simply a diffrent method of play that provides people who don't have time to make an extreme RNG team a chance in the first round.

Manaketes and warriors are also good in this as warriors max at a high defense and can get palidins who are extrememly hard to kill in this set up. Manaketes get a lot of important max stats ( tiki and nagi) and allow you to use stat boosters on other units. Swarm is extremely useful like this as well.

I'll join in as well.

Also, you don't have to ban the team, tactics, or cards for map 1,2 (6 also applies). Just make a rule stating that player one can not attack on first turn.

Map 3 should be banned without questions.

Lastly, any rules for changing cards between battles and players choosing maps?

Ohh! I want to add one more thing. No forge on first round can make certain teams extremely imba, Ogma's support team comes to mind. Support + maxed stats = no chance of hitting without forges.

Edited by quanchino

wow how did you know i was going to state that . , map three will be banned

I won't ban the support team on round 1. and i will ban attacking on round 1.

I think that for cards both players must state thier card prior to match. anyone disagree.

I will ban Ogma for round 1 however so that the teams are hitable.

/

wow how did you know i was going to state that . , map three will be banned

I won't ban the support team on round 1. and i will ban attacking on round 1.

I think that for cards both players must state thier card prior to match. anyone disagree.

I will ban Ogma for round 1 however so that the teams are hitable.

/

i feel i should post again to show my reasons for not banning map 3

Map 6 and three are maps where your units are scattered. This puts support teams at less of an advantedge and makes them easier to beat, That is the only reason i will not ban map 3 until i gain substantialy more reasons why i should ban it since i am banning cell blocking, these 2 stages provide a viable counter pick for non support teams

allright tourny people lets talk about strategy.

For a fun and exciting FE tourny community we need to look at theory statistics and tier lists.

Counterpick stages

Stage1

This is a great stage to counter pick on if you are a support team. Support teams have a 90-10 chance of winning here. seeing as its small and defence prioritzes on this map support teams are teh best option, this is also a good CP for a team if you are stronger then your opponent but that is between 70-30 or 80-20

stage2 support teams still do well here but with more movment its lessened a bit so i wouldn't CP it if i were a non support as there are other options. on this map warp scouting is a must, long range teams such as double swarmers and balista swarm have a advantedge here against nonsupport teams. they can saftly fire chip damage without getting caught on bridges or bottle necks and if prperly warp scouted can punish people blocking teh center bridge.

flyer teams have advantedges of not beig caught on bridges as well o that gives them a slight lead here

for a longe range team i will have to put a 70-30 advantedge here.

60-40 advantedge for flyers.

Stage 4. another good balista team site hoever its pretty obvious where your ballista is so keep that in mind.

this of course is another WARP SCOUT map so keep that in mind when CPing this.

With high stat caps all around though i am going to say this map is best for a team with Palidens and Beserkers

they can simply out brute our out surive people in the small bottlenecks and palis out scout the other team which is important to know how to do here.

70-30 Pali Zerker

60-40 balista

80-20 Support

Stage 5. This map is big so having fast units is vital, fo the most part teams are faily even here making this a nuetral stage. However flying units have the largest and most imposing advantedge.

Flyers can camp in 2 places on this map very easily, the northwest island and the forest to teh south, with fast movement they will be able to outscout almost everything so keep that in mind, Flyers have no disadvantedge here with probably a 50-50 or 40-60 on supports which is very good.

Stage6. THis is the best anti support map to counterpick, a team with a set up of cabalry, calvary, mage and some other 2 can get a fast one on a support team. By blocking the inner maze you can seperate your oppenents units even further making this a pretty much 5-4 team (since the technique will garuntee teh death of a unit unless they are simply camping it.

ballista have a small advantege on no support teams her so keep that in mind

60-40 balista

55-45 cav team vs support team

Please feel free to discuss.

Let me join i will destroy you all cause you dont stand a chance oh ban stage 3 the one where youre seperated in cells i hate it even if am player one its to unfair

Don't overestimate your abilities. <_<

Don't speak too soon. I'll be amazed if he actually wins, though.

hehehe i abused everybody in my amry everybody (literily) i have over 50 diffrent teams i can make no 100 my army is perfect in my opoione but i myself still needs work but i dont care what u say my pride will see me through.