Tony Mode

Aleph

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look pretty sweet, but it just makes me jealous that they have people willing to cooperate on such extensive things when everyone I know is a lone wolf and sucks at participating in team projects (including myself).

That's part of the hack. You read the first post, right? And there was some other post later explaining what the side effects of "improved RNG" means.

Edit: In addition to promoting at level 19, I also suggest you resume a chapter where a unit has died (might want to hard reset first or something) and make sure they die the second time as well. If you restart without checking you may potentially miss a chance at your unit being saved.

You can also turn hits into criticals this way if you're lucky, but you only get the one chance. Either be happy with what you get the first time or be happy with what you get the second time - after you resume once the result will be the same as what it was the second time from then on.

This is the only way to abuse the RNG now unless you frame-by-frame the game.

Edited by Xeld

The crap is that I got so confident of this side effect which cost me my Osw1n's life :( ...promoted!

And the bad thing is that A supported Dorcas with him since my Bartre dies too (They had A support).

Now I use Dorcas, the only rough thing is his Spd, I fixed it with one Speedwings and will later get a Brave Axe since he has no problem hitting sword users but does when it comes to double attacking.

This looks really good. ;) If you did this to Fe6 I would definitely play it, especially since the RNG is so retarded in it. <_<

PEXP means nothing <_< .

Also, is that what they refer to a "Binary Hack"? You know...in FE4 I've seen a few hack that go by that description or title.

In this case, it would, since this hack basically makes it so that RNG doesn't determine stat ups.

On the off chance anybody cares, the patch doesn't work on Merlinus. I can confirm this because on one start of Crazed Beast he had 39 HP and 18 spd and now he has 38 HP and 17 spd.

I don't think anybody's going to care since def is the only stat Merlinus can realistically get screwed in, but still...just bringing it up.

Sounds believable, but if that's the case then whatever DOES control Merlinus' growths should probably be looked into. For one thing it might be related to enemy level ups (IIRC enemy stats are calculated randomly using their growths too, hence why their stats even vary to begin with), which would be great for making fixed stat ups for both allies AND enemies.

I fixed it with one Speedwings

You're playing a Normal Mode then (and arena abusing on it), in which case it doesn't matter what you do at all unless you're really bad at the game.

Eh, I'm doing an HHM playthrough of this (up to ch. 26) and I'm sucking hard. Already used a mine (abused, more like), arena abused AND reloaded some savestates back in 17x to get all that nice exp off of killing the more difficult pirates. I'm terrible at these games. >.>

Even with all that I still missed the member/silver card (forgot where they were >.>), the chapter with Geitz (for some reason the Lyn fanboy in me crapped out and only leveled her to 17) and had to abuse the new RNG system at least twice to save a unit (which isn't really cheating as it's a lot less versatile than the now obsolete RNG abusing tricks the original game has, but the fact that I still needed it...).

Edited by Xeld

Chapter 17x HHM is the Fargus chapter, right? I had trouble on that one too, but only because it took me forever. I positioned walls and forced them into the narrow house areas so it wasn't exactly hard, just tedious and involved a lot of rescuing Erk + Canas.

I just threw Hector and Lyn out there in turns or something and hoped for the best. Decent EXP and it's not like I couldn't have just abused the RNG in the actual game to accomplish what I did with save states (the original RNG seed is reset to the same value each time you hard reset, so you can actually make turn by turn strategies for every chapter...this hack makes that insanely difficult).

• 7 months later...