What are generally considered the best pairings?

Blademaster!

Out of curiosity, what would most people consider to be the best pairings for a non ranked run? Personally, I think it goes something like this:

Adean x Midale/Jamuka

Ayra x Holyn/Lex

Lachesis x Fin

Sylvia x Claude

Fury x Levin

Bridgette x Holyn/Dew

Tiltyu x Azel

As you can see, I a hard time picking between who was better was better paired with certain characters. For Adean, Jamuka has better growths and gives continue, but continue doesn't work with a hero weapon. Midale gives pursuit and better skl which is very helpful for Archers. He also gives magic to Lana, even if it is only 2%.

With Ayra, Holyn can imediately pass down weapons to Skasher and he also gives Luna which can be very helpful. Lex gives better defence along with Elite and Ambush, but he can't pass down weapons to Skasher and can somewhat affect Skasher's hit rate for a bit on the first chapter (due to the Iron Blade's hit), though this can easily be fixed.

With Lachesis, I think Fin is the best. He gives Prayer and Pursuit along with a +5 spd bonus for Nanna. He also gives well balanced stats and great luk. This pairing causes Delmud to be pretty weak for the first chapter since he only has an Iron sword, but again you can just "trade" items like with Ayra x Lex.

With Sylvia, the Valkyrie Staff is the only thing that makes her children really worth using when compared to the subs. Personally, I think the Valkyrie staff is better than the beserk staff.

With Fury, Levin will make Sety a god and he will give a +5 str bonus to Fee along with a magic bonus for her to make her a better healer. I understand that this pairing can cause Sety's spd to wrap around, but after using this pairing three times, I have yet to see this happen (though I generally don't get Fury to be above lvl 22)

With Bridgette, Dew passes on Bargain for Faval and some nice growths, but destroys his Hp. Holyn gives Faval amazing Hp and Great Skl along with allowing Patty to use the Hero Sword and Luna. For me this is a tough one to call since Holyn will give better bases and make Patty more useful, but Faval is the only character who can really make use of having Bargain passed on to him.

Tiltyu and Azel just seems to work. Since Arthur promotes into a Mage Knight, he can use fire tomes and Tinny will be able to use Tron. Additionally both Children will have a good magic growth and pursuit. I can understand her being paired with Levin, but Levin doesn't pass on pursuit and Tinny gets Continue upon promotion. Additionally, both children already have wrath, so Critical is kinda redundant.

This is all just my opinion on the matter, but I'd like to hear everyone elses.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO...

Adean x Midir: Pursuit for Lenster and Bow inheritance. Kthx.

Ayra x Lex: I'd like it if these kids would level up fast so they won't fall too far behind. Elite + high DEF growth.

Briggid x Holyn: Faval's good with just about any parent. Patty gets B swords and Moonlight hit to make leveling her a lot easier.

Tiltyu x Levin: Holsety on a horse means I can give the Leg Ring to Laylea.

Claude x Fury: Early in the game Fee is just saving villages and hardly doing much combat. Later in the game we're seeing Dark Mages and with the superb RES from Claude, she's got at fighting those. A magic sword in the earlygame helps. Sety can use all staves and remains a great combat unit.

Sylva x Death: The subs are better. I don't give a damn about Corple's growths since no stinking 5 MOV unit's gonna do combat by the time this kid's around and Sharlow leveling up faster and having a good growth in the relevant stat of his use makes up for anything else.

Leen only dances. Laylea dances AND provides Charisma. Need I say more?

Lachesis x Beowulf: Don't care much for her kids. Sword inheritance for Delmud I guess >_>

IMO...

Briggid x Holyn: Faval's good with just about any parent. Patty gets B swords and Moonlight hit to make leveling her a lot easier.

Claude x Fury: Early in the game Fee is just saving villages and hardly doing much combat. Later in the game we're seeing Dark Mages and with the superb RES from Claude, she's got at fighting those. A magic sword in the earlygame helps. Sety can use all staves and remains a great combat unit.

Sylva x Death: The subs are better. I don't give a damn about Corple's growths since no stinking 5 MOV unit's gonna do combat by the time this kid's around and Sharlow leveling up faster and having a good growth in the relevant stat of his use makes up for anything else.

Lachesis x Beowulf: Don't care much for her kids. Sword inheritance for Delmud I guess >_>

You can alos try briggidXDew, for bargain which helps Patty buy a pursuit ring or elite ring, Ichilol is now super spamable, even in the arena.

Fee+libro+restore=lifesaver

IMO layla is overrated, I rather have prayer on my dancer since she gets targeted the most anyways...Leen is more durable, Its not like the game is so hard that you nedd 3 charismas and celice's 20 leadership bonus ever to kill bosses. If you want use leen so she can inherent the knight ring, use Azel for a dad since no one else really wants him (poor guy).

Corpol becomes a good fighter, but no one ever uses him for some reason >_>

Sword inheritence isn't a huge issue since celice, lacke, or skasha can carry a good sword for delmud so I'd consider pairing LackesisXFin, I isn't nearly as hard as people seem to think, I even am able to achieve it in rank runs in this game >_>. Besides you can just have fin kill that boss in chapter 3 for a silver blade, Delmudd uses it best since he has a 30 skill cap and a low strength cap. Plus seeing him cap luck is fun to see.

Edited by Brighton

IMO...

Adean x Midir: Pursuit for Lenster and Bow inheritance. Kthx.

Ayra x Lex: I'd like it if these kids would level up fast so they won't fall too far behind. Elite + high DEF growth.

Tiltyu x Levin: Holsety on a horse means I can give the Leg Ring to Laylea.

Pretty much this, though I don't mind Azel X Lachesis.

SylviaxAzel/Ardan

Pretty much the best pairings, if you're going ot pair everyone up.

I don't think Ardan makes a good pairing for Sylvia.....

And I'd rather pair Titylu with Azel.

I can understand why people would want to pair Tiltyu and Levin together, but I feel that Levin x Fury works better. Personally, I just think it's redundant (as i said before) to give your units critical and wrath and not having pursuit makes Tinny somewhat unusable. Plus, Sage's are better than Mage Knights by a huge margin and giving Fee a +5 much needed str boost and Sety a nice +3 luk boost is better than a +5 mag boost to a unit you probably won't even be using.

Editing this post whenever.

ClaudeNoish/Fury

Levin/Tiltyu

Deu/Sylvia

Jamuka/Aria

ClaudeAzelLex/Lachesis

LexHolyn/Bridgette

AzelFinnMidir/Edin

Love is War.

EDIT:

Siigh, eyeballing is something I am not good at. I was wrong, Noish is better suited for Fury. But now I don't know which pairing is better, Noish or Claude for Fury...

Edited by Chalis

I agree with most of the opinions here.

Adean x Jamka/Midayle

Tiltyu x Azel

Fury x Levin/Claude

Sylvia x Claude/Death

Arya x Lex/Holyn

Briggid x Holyn/Dew

Lachesis x Finn/Beowulf, though her children are probably the least useful to be honest.

You forgot to mention Levin in Tiltyu's options.

Also, Delmud is incredibly useful. Mine was Midir's kid and was awesome in battle. Also, both Delmud and Nanna have Charisma on a mount, which is a big plus.

Aideen x Midir

Ayra x Lex

Lachesis x Beowulf

Sylvia x Nobody [or Anyone]

Fury x Claude

Tiltyu x Levin

Brigid x Holyn

are the pairings I would consider the ones that make the 2nd Generation as easy as possible. They don't necessarily make the first Generation easier (although Beowulf is easier than Fin and it's debatable there how much more useful Fin is). The pairings I would consider essential "pro picks" are Tiltyu x Levin and Brigid x Holyn. All the others are certainly subject to debate, but ch6 Holsety with Wrath that later gets a horse is just too good and Holyn has such amazing synergy with Brigid's kids, making Faval a HP monster with his only weakness plugged and Patty an actually useable character. The other pairings I do consider the best, but many of them have other options.

He does if you want to raise Sylvia with Ambush/Sleep Sword, but outside of ranked there's no real reason for that. And tbh, even though I've been propagandising the combo for Sylvia even in ranked, I probably forgot about the other broken arena trick with Prayer, which allows Leen to kill everything in the arena regardless. And prayer outside of the arena is just handy since it means you can have her exposed if needed. Though it's not a huge boon because her atk is horrid.

Charisma on Laylea is fun if she's close to the battle, which isn't always possible. Whenever she isn't, Charisma isn't doing anything for you.

He does if you want to raise Sylvia with Ambush/Sleep Sword, but outside of ranked there's no real reason for that. And tbh, even though I've been propagandising the combo for Sylvia even in ranked, I probably forgot about the other broken arena trick with Prayer, which allows Leen to kill everything in the arena regardless. And prayer outside of the arena is just handy since it means you can have her exposed if needed. Though it's not a huge boon because her atk is horrid.

Charisma on Laylea is fun if she's close to the battle, which isn't always possible. Whenever she isn't, Charisma isn't doing anything for you.

Laylea also gets the Barrier Sword, for whatever good that's worth. She doesn't need to keep it either. I've never honestly needed it, but it's nice when you want to set something up. Same with Laylea's Charisma; not always necessary, but you can rush her in to provide the bonus to Arthur or Shanan at a critical point and own Ishtar so hard she runs back to her boyfriend crying. Or whatever it is you need stacked Charisma for.

Leen is a better fighter no matter her father, but that's kinda not saying too much. Either way, it's really a choice between exploiting Leen's superior durability or picking up a Barrier Sword and a third Charisma, at the expense of a unit who has even less durability than most dancers.

EDIT: Also, if you wanted Ambush Leen, wouldn't a better shuffling of pairings be Ayra x Noish, Sylvia x Lex? Leen gets Ambush and better DEF (and Elite), Corple gets Elite, and Ayra's kids will be just fine with Noish's skillset (and he can give swords to Skasaha).

Edited by Renall

It's not just Ayra who really wants to be more than just friends with Lex. If I'm replacing Ayra's partner with Noish or Holyn or something, I'm putting Lex with Brigid to make Dew much much easier to train (both Elite and Ambush/Sleep Sword combo) and allow Faval to level much easier. Both of these units have Pursuit (though one only after promo), and both have trouble keeping up with mounts, making them perfect candidates for Lex as a dad.

Lex with Sylvia is a total waste (both in unranked and ranked) because:

- Leen is never going to become good at fighting

- Both Leen and Corple can easily get to L30, or if Corple cannot, then use Sharlow

- Leen does not need Ambush for the arena since she has Prayer

Edited by Mekkah

I'm pretty sure Faval prefers growing twice as fast over whatever Holyn offers him, and for Patty she grows twice as fast + beats the entire arena, so maybe more like 2.5-3 times as fast. What's Holyn doing for Patty? Making her slightly less incompetent at fighting on the field (since there's no way to beat Ambush!Patty in the arena), where she still does jack unless she procs Moonlight (and even then, she still likely doesn't do more than 20 per hit...that's with 8 str)

ITT people hate too much on Delmud

Come on, the guy's mounted, has solid combat parameters [mainly wtf strength] and has good durability on top. I can't see any reason how he's the least useful.

Come on, the guy's mounted, has solid combat parameters [mainly wtf strength] and has good durability on top. I can't see any reason how he's the least useful.

I second this. Give him a wing clipper, some babying. Ram him into the Arion's DKs at chapter 9. Gets 'em every time.

FuryXLevin-Eh. It's canon, and pretty damn great to boot. Fee once got 100 avoid.

SylviaXClaude or Death- With savesates, Valkyrie doesn't become a must for me. I get the defense sword with her, sell it, kill her, and in 2nd gen, get Laylea to get the Barrier Sword. Now you got both, right? right...? I HAVE gotten Corple to lvl 30 HiPriest. Reserve spamming got me there.

NoishXAyra- Critical on high-skilled children. Charge and Pursuit (Continue too) on high-speed children. All this adds up to a nasty SM and Forrest.

TiltyuXAzel- Mainly because they're both mages and the pairing isn't too bad.

AideenXMidir- Pursuit for Lester. Pursuit and Charge for Lana, which makes her a better High Priest.

BrigidXDew- Bargain. Faval. Ichival spam. Yay.

LachesisXBeowulf- Makes for a better Delmudd, and makes Nanna a decent offensive character.

I second this. Give him a wing clipper, some babying. Ram him into the Arion's DKs at chapter 9. Gets 'em every time.

LachesisXBeowulf- Makes for a better Delmudd, and makes Nanna a decent offensive character.

When I used Delmud, in addition to him having Charisma, I gave him Sigurd's Silver sword. It gave him Critical which made him become a pretty great unit. Plus he has continue upon promotion.

Also, I think Fin makes for a better Delmud than Beowulf. Beowulf only has a 10% better Hp and 10% better Str growth than Fin, While Fin has a 30% better Luk growth. Delmud already gets good str, and a 10% Hp growth won't make much of a difference when his Hp is already over 100% compared to also reciving a 30% luk boost. Also, Prayer is better than charge. The only advantage you really get with Beowulf is the abillity to pass down swords and the possibilityof having better bases (though at lvl 9, including the event bonus, Fin either ties or wins in every stat [it's only by one point in skl and spd, but 9 in Luk] and from there, Beowulf should only win in Hp and Str, while Fin will win in Skl and Spd and destroy him in luk[remember, promotion bonuses do not effect child Bases]) Fin also makes for a better Nanna too.....

The generally considered best pairings are, without doubt...

Ayra: Lex. Noish and Dew are fine too, but Lex is the most widely preferred one. Holyn is rather redundant.

Adean: Midayle. Jamka is good too, but lacks Pursuit.

Lachesis: Beowulf or Finn. Some believe you only need to pair Lachesis to have Charisma bots.

Sylvia: No one. The substitutes are better. Leen can only fight if you really, really favor her; Corple is useless unless you want him to be a Valkyrie bot (and even then...).

Fury: Levin or Claude.

Tiltyu: Levin or Azel.

Bridget: Holyn or Dew.

I think Azel is a pretty good father for delmud and nanna as well. The lack of skill and defense is made up for them being charisma bots as well as there promotion gains. Delmud also has ranged offense with azel as the father that is actually pretty good thanks to the high mag growth and better base and nanna can heal rather well now and use magic swords proficiently to. It also helps that azel gives nanna and delmud higher speed growths.

As for the other characters ... it's already been said by countless others. Although I personally see holyn as the best father for patty although I can see why mekkah thinks patty would benefit highly from lex as as well.

Dew should never really be paired up IMO.

Also the reason people hate/ignore lachesis's kids is cause they don't have some lol broken skill setup or a holy weapon. There just solid units. I personally like her kids the most of second gen just cause of the fact that there both mounted and aren't truly broken in any sense.

Edited by Lancelot

That, or because Lachesis is the whore of Fire Emblem. Although I guess that's only because the fandom made her out to be a whore we can blame her convo with beowulf, though.

I don't mean to go off topic in my own topic, but that convo she has with Beowolf seems unclear to me as of late. I'm not really sure whether he is talking about Eltshan or Fin.

I'm pretty sure Faval prefers growing twice as fast over whatever Holyn offers him, and for Patty she grows twice as fast + beats the entire arena, so maybe more like 2.5-3 times as fast. What's Holyn doing for Patty? Making her slightly less incompetent at fighting on the field (since there's no way to beat Ambush!Patty in the arena), where she still does jack unless she procs Moonlight (and even then, she still likely doesn't do more than 20 per hit...that's with 8 str)

B Swords means a Hero in the field for Patty plus a combat skill which lets her bypass her STR weakness (and it's SKL% activation, which she'll have plenty of), Holyn plugs Faval's SKL hole (and it's a huge-ass hole with freakin' Ardan as dad, 25% growth vs. 95% isn't even a contest) and makes his HP growth even more obscene.

He's a very solid player among small gods. He shines, he just doesn't shine as much as everybody around him. But he's very reliable and he makes anyone he's close to better. And he's mounted and comes in ch6, so yay for him. His weakness is that he is just not awesome enough in any particular area, although I've seen some pretty intriguing pairing/ring setups to turn him into a tank. Never tried them though.

long post to set some stuff straight

Fury: Levin or Claude.

Noish > Claude for Fury, imo. Fee goes from "better staff utility after promotion" to "much much better melee combat for all game long", which is better for her for many obvious reasons, such as the fact that she's often flying away from the pack to save villages and kill things on her own (meaning she'll have little to heal), or the fact that it lasts for a longer time frame.

Yes, Sety gets his Mag raped. However, even if Sety was hurt as much as Fee is helped by going with Noish over Claude, the winning deal is already for Noish, since Fee is helped for longer. Then consider the exact impact.

14 Claude!Sety w/ Lightning: 37 Atk, 18 AS, 23% Continue

14 Noish!Sety w/ Lightning: 31 Atk, 16 AS, 21% Continue, 19% critical, Charge

All Noish!Sety needs to do to make up for the 6 mag deficit is hit an extra time in battle (or critical). Given how he has 2 extra proc skills that stack with both Pursuit and Continue, that's going to happen almost all the time.

Not to mention 31 atk in its own right is fine. The Dragon Knights that assault you in Ch8, for example, have no more than 59 hp/1 res, which base Noish!Sety 2HKOs exactly. Next chapter, there's some Dragonknights who have more hp/res than that, but Noish!Sety is still 3HKO on them, meaning he only needs one of Continue, Charge and Critical to trigger on either of his two hits to kill them. Assuming all of them at 20% for a second to make it easy, he's already running ~50% chance to kill on just his first attack. ~74% factoring in his second attack. Also factor in that he's leaving them with single digit HP even if he doesn't kill, so about anyone can finish them off if he fails to ORKO.

So definitely better Fee and arguably better Sety if you go with Noish.

B Swords means a Hero in the field for Patty plus a combat skill which lets her bypass her STR weakness (and it's SKL% activation, which she'll have plenty of)

I've already addressed this: it only helps her on the field, since Lex!Patty in the arena will always win, whereas Holyn!Patty simply won't. And out on the field, she faces her durability issues, and can't be relied upon to proc Moonlight. And even when she does, as I said, she's still not going to ORKO anything. Assuming she gets +2 str level-ups, she's doing 20 per hit if she triggers Moonlight, but 20-enemy def whenever she doesn't. Every enemy has more than 40 hp, so she will have to take a counter (which sucks when it takes 20 atk to 2HKO Patty, and 27 to reduce her to single digit HP).

Now Lex!Patty doesn't need to go into such antics, she can just use a magic sword (even the Fire Sword which no one wants) to chip at range for like 20 EXP while stealing gold, and she'll still have a higher level than Holyn!Patty due to her arena lead. If Holyn!Patty tries to do it, she just falls behind more. And of course, Patty also has the option to give away her gold to someone else if you don't want/need her to kill/hurt an enemy that turn, and Lex!Patty gains 20 EXP for that while Holyn!Patty only gets 10.

So Lex!Patty is lower maintenance AND grows faster.

Holyn plugs Faval's SKL hole (and it's a huge-ass hole with freakin' Ardan as dad, 25% growth vs. 95% isn't even a contest)

I've never said anything about pairing Ardan with Brigid, which would be foolish. I'm talking about Lex.

Lex!Faval has 15 skl and 35% growth.

Faval!Holyn has 21 skl and 95% growth.

A 12 hit difference. Lex!Faval already has exactly 100 hit at base, and enemies generally have trouble even having positive avo. Then consider Faval's hit can be padded by using Killer Bow (+30 hit), Charisma or leadership stars. Or the fact that the vast majority of enemies he's facing soon are getting OHKO'd due to them being bow weak, so he only has to hit one of his two shots.

And within five levels, Holyn!Faval's skl is already capped, so from there Lex!Faval just starts catching up. Like, 25 skl vs 17 skl at L14, a 16 hit advantage, then after promotion it's 27 vs 21, only a 12 advantage again. At L30, Lex!Faval has 24, only a 6 hit difference. And this is disregarding the fact Lex!Faval grows twice as fast thanks to Elite.

He's [Delmud] a very solid player among small gods. He shines, he just doesn't shine as much as everybody around him. But he's very reliable and he makes anyone he's close to better. And he's mounted and comes in ch6, so yay for him. His weakness is that he is just not awesome enough in any particular area, although I've seen some pretty intriguing pairing/ring setups to turn him into a tank. Never tried them though.

Delmud doesn't shine? Fin!Delmud has some of the best hp/str/def combos of all the kids, and he has a mount to add to it. In fact, his bases are essentially Celice's (2 more hp, str, def and spd tied). Even looking at their growths:

(+ Delmud wins, - Celice wins)

HP: +30%

Str: +15%

Skl: -15%

Spd: +5%

Def: -5%

Res: -20%

Luk: +25%

Then at some point Celice promotes and gains lances as well as +4 str, but Delmud gets +9 skl and +6 spd, and he's also always running Charisma and Prayer versus Celice's nothing.

Give Delmud one of your many good swords (you get two Hero Swords, two Silver Swords, and then Steel and Silver Blade) and he is definitely one of your best units.

Noish > Claude for Fury, imo.

Indeed, that's your opinion. And yours alone.

Basically the entire rest of the community agrees that Claude or Levin are her best choices. And guess what? This thread is about...

What are generally considered the best pairings?