The Upcoming Week

Jyosua

This week, we're going to have some nice changes. I'll update this thread with each change, but in the meantime, you can speculate here. The first change is pretty obvious: It's the skin. It's not completely ready yet, but Vincent's working on it, and almost has it finished. When he finishes it, we'll make it available, though I'm going to see about making some touchups to his finished product, however, that doesn't need to be done before it's made available to the public.

Done so far:

Ticket System has been implemented. Note that you cannot reply to other's tickets, but you can view them. Also, tickets made in Questions or Suggestions will be public by default. Forum Bug tickets are Private by default.

Skin has been made available to the public, but will still be tweaked further.

*Wonders if someone's finally finished the new member badges that we are supposedly getting*

Popo, the mod in charge of that, had to leave so those member badges won't come unless another mod comes and finishes the job.

You're going to give us all a free puppy? Josh, we take back all the bad things we said about you behind your back. We love you.

Shh! Don't tell them the surprise! >:[

The ticket system would be nice to have back. Forum skin will do for now.

Good guess, that's on my list of things to attempt, but since I need to modify it, it may or may not get done. I really intend to try my best to get it to work right, and if I can't, I'll attempt to enlist the aid of a friend.

*Wonders if someone's finally finished the new member badges that we are supposedly getting*

Popo quit, so that leaves me stuck to do them. Don't worry, I'm not that bad at Photoshop, but it will take me a considerably longer time than it would take her.

I see you got your badge already, Jyo.

The new skin! Yes!

The badge I have is my old one. The new ones haven't been made yet.

Actually, regarding the badges, Jyosua? I have a proposal to make, and I've had it ever since Popo decided to quit.

How about we make a contest poll in the Site Content, calling all those who have Photoshop and the necessary artwork of Fire Emblem to make the badges? Each time someone adds them to the thread, you add that badge to the poll. Or... maybe the poll system doesn't support images? In that case how about keeping some record of what the votes are?

Just thought I'd throw this idea out there.

Edited by WyvernSageLord

Actually, regarding the badges, Jyosua? I have a proposal to make, and I've had it ever since Popo decided to quit.

How about we make a contest poll in the Site Content, calling all those who have Photoshop and the necessary artwork of Fire Emblem to make the badges? Each time someone adds them to the thread, you add that badge to the poll. Or... maybe the poll system doesn't support images? In that case how about keeping some record of what the votes are?

Just thought I'd throw this idea out there.

That's not a bad idea, and I might do this if I'm unable to do the badges myself, but I would like to try. Afterall, the last time I made a banner, it came out looking very nice.

Hah. I was literally online the second the skin changed. I was like "whoa wtf".

I kind of got used to the old skin, but I'll also get used to the flashiness of this one.

It is nice to get the skin back, though I have to complain a bit about the banner if I can. Can we get a longer banner, because this one is too short it looks kind of weird, imo...?

Yar, the Serenes Forest skin has been more or less restored to its former glory.

There are some fixes that I intend to make, but those will have to wait until later.

To be changed

• The banner and other graphics
  • Perhaps the sign in/sign out box
  • The rich text editor (lacking inspiration)
  • Download topic information bar
  • Pinned topic label
  • Sign in box hyperlink colours
  • Random transparent boxes/lines (eg. while signing in or registering)
    Sign in
    Registering
    Help portal
    User CP
    Ready to register?
  • The annoying black line when you scroll the frontpage
  • Active help/members very bottom bar
  • One horizontal bar in the main user profile page

Keeping the same for now

• User control panel green colour
  • Attachments
  • Edited by legend
  • Post info box

If you see any bright red colours or colours that look stupid, give me a shout. I tried looking everywhere, but a few obscure parts of the forum may have escaped me.

Suggestions are also welcome.

Edited by VincentASM

I think Jyosua mentioned we'll have a new (or slightly modified) banner.

Personally I'd prefer to modify the user box thing instead. I always thought it was kind of ugly : P

You mean the one in the top right?

I don't like it either.

Also, the reply, etc. buttons might need a recolor.

So, any plans on restoring Magical Purple or any new skin or are we gonna stick with this?

There will be some new skins, one day. That's all I can say right now ^^

You mean the one in the top right?

Yeah, it was bearable in the default IPB skin, but here I just can't seem to get the right shades of green and etc. to make it look somewhat decent.

The buttons and some other graphics will indeed need to be changed.