NONONONONO!!!! POOP YOU OBAMA!!!

Freohr Datia

This isn't about anyone's judging or nuthin. I just don't cuss... At all... So far haven't had trouble with it. I really wonder why pplz think it's so hard to not do it I find it easy enough (not trying to imply that that's what you're trying to say... just wanted to make that clear =D).

Wow, so I'm not the only one who thinks like that?

Edited by LightBrand99

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I find Freohr Datia's posts so hard to read? Ah, right; you could probably do with the extra English class, eh?

As for me: my school has 7-hour days. Minus lunchtime (soon to be cut down) and recess it's five hours and forty-five minutes. Which really isn't very much.

I'm curious to know; do American schools give out much homework in general? Mainly a question directed at high schoolers, but answer nonetheless.

Why do I find Freohr Datia's posts so hard to read? Ah, right; you could probably do with the extra English class, eh?

As for me: my school has 7-hour days. Minus lunchtime (soon to be cut down) and recess it's five hours and forty-five minutes. Which really isn't very much.

I'm curious to know; do American schools give out much homework in general? Mainly a question directed at high schoolers, but answer nonetheless.

My school gave a shitload of homework, but then again it's a private school that was much better than the public schools in my area. I'd imagine public schools don't give as much, unless you're in an IB program.

My school gave a shitload of homework, but then again it's a private school that was much better than the public schools in my area. I'd imagine public schools don't give as much, unless you're in an IB program.

I doubt some of the worse-off public schools would have the IB course.

@Meteor: Interesting. My school gives shitloads of homework, much like Jyosua's. I suspect the workload may make up for the shorter class time.

I doubt some of the worse-off public schools would have the IB course.

@Meteor: Interesting. My school gives shitloads of homework, much like Jyosua's. I suspect the workload may make up for the shorter class time.

Like I said earlier, I went to school 8 hours a day, so I assure you, in my case, they weren't making up for shorter class time :<

My school gives way too much homework. Well, for me anyway.

If I only had to do Math, AP Euro, and grammar (most other parts of English are easy), I'd be flying through 10th grade.

Alas, I have to do bullshit homework every damn night.

This isn't about anyone's judging or nuthin. I just don't cuss... At all... So far haven't had trouble with it. I really wonder why pplz think it's so hard to not do it I find it easy enough (not trying to imply that that's what you're trying to say... just wanted to make that clear =D).

It's not that it's hard not to, it's that there's absolutely no REASON not to. :3

I go to private school, it's from 8-2:45.

On Fridays, we get out early since the majority of the students at the school are Jewish, so it's 8-12:45. For Shabbat.

In fact, I have three essays I could be doing right now...

god damnit

schoooooool's out for su- oh fuck wait

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

I CAN'T WATCH NARUTO ANYMORE BECUZ OF STOOPID SUMMAR BEEN GAWNZ BELEEV IT

The sad part is that even if summer DOES get curtailed, we'll still be stupider than nearly every other country around.

Yup guess so

CANADIAN!!! =O I can't be sure cause I don't know whether or not you're talking about the parts I messed up at on purpose.

Anywayz, I'm guessing you mean grammar rather than english in general cause last time I checked my grade was from a range of 97-98% =P.

CANADIAN!!! =O I can't be sure cause I don't know whether or not you're talking about the parts I messed up at on purpose.

Anywayz, I'm guessing you mean grammar rather than english in general cause last time I checked my grade was from a range of 97-98% =P.

It's the randomly added z's and all those silly strike-through texts. The run-on sentences don't help.

Edited by Wander

It's the randomly added z's and all those silly strike-through texts. The run-on sentences don't help.

leik becuz u needz 100% gramar n speling on teh internet

leik becuz u needz 100% gramar n speling on teh internet

Coming from someone who has a massive respect for the internet. You think I don't know? You worship the internet, on account a' that being the only word you spelt rite. :P

Every time I read the topic title I laugh.

Edited by Old Snake

personally, when i was in high school i had more issues with the teachers and the curriculum than the amount of time i spent in school.

i'm not by far the smartest person ever, but i sure as hell did spend most of my time just sitting idly in class than I did paying any attention. I hardly felt challenged, and I thought high school was mostly a huge joke more than anything. Most things I actually learned were outside of class by myself, or during the couple of actually challenging classes that I took during my senior year.

my point is some of those teachers in my school SHOULDN'T have been qualified to teach. they neither provided a challenging or an instructive environment. i managed to go through high school (and do pretty damn well in it) doing my homework that was due in the next class period! if that doesn't indicate that the educational system was fucked up in my high school, then i don't know what does. And i hardly think that extending the school day would have made much of a difference in my case.

if adequate teachers had taught in my high school, i wouldn't have minded the longer school days. But think about it. I hardly think my school is the only one out there with the same problem. Therefore, I'm more leaning towards improving the quality of our educational system than increasing the length. Once the quality is appropriate, then go full-blast on increasing the school day. Have them offer more variety of classes, with proper teachers that will stimulate the mind of the students, and all that crap. Extending the school day will only go so far if the quality of the educational system is shit.

personally, when i was in high school i had more issues with the teachers and the curriculum than the amount of time i spent in school.

i'm not by far the smartest person ever, but i sure as hell did spend most of my time just sitting idly in class than I did paying any attention. I hardly felt challenged, and I thought high school was mostly a huge joke more than anything. Most things I actually learned were outside of class by myself, or during the couple of actually challenging classes that I took during my senior year.

my point is some of those teachers in my school SHOULDN'T have been qualified to teach. they neither provided a challenging or an instructive environment. i managed to go through high school (and do pretty damn well in it) doing my homework that was due in the next class period! if that doesn't indicate that the educational system was fucked up in my high school, then i don't know what does. And i hardly think that extending the school day would have made much of a difference in my case.

if adequate teachers had taught in my high school, i wouldn't have minded the longer school days. But think about it. I hardly think my school is the only one out there with the same problem. Therefore, I'm more leaning towards improving the quality of our educational system than increasing the length. Once the quality is appropriate, then go full-blast on increasing the school day. Have them offer more variety of classes, with proper teachers that will stimulate the mind of the students, and all that crap. Extending the school day will only go so far if the quality of the educational system is shit.

See, I'm a firm believer that the average person can, and SHOULD be able to PASS most regular high school courses with absolutely no effort (as long as they are not doing things that are likely to make them fail). Some people, myself included, can do very well in regular high school courses with absolutely no effort. The only thing that challenges me is second language courses, because they are generally far more difficult than their ilk.

I think that's pretty good. To me, High School is more about equipping people with what they NEED. It's about educating the populace with all the basic skills they will need in life, and starting them on the advanced ones. For me, I think that people who want additional learning will likely seek it out on their own, or get post secondary education.

I do think that everyone learns differently, so it would be nice if everyone could be engaged and learn properly, but I think that increasing school time COULD help that. Obviously other things should be changed as well.

On the other hand, I'm always a bit weary of the whole "inept teachers" argument. I think one of the better things my parents did for me was that when I came home complaining about how a teacher sucked and was always wrong and on and on, instead of doing what some people did, and complaining, or going in, or whatever, they basically told me that the teacher probably wasn't actually that bad, and I just didn't work too well with them. And you know what? They where right. I think that people are pretty quick to cast blame, when really, most teachers ARE qualified. Of course, I'm speaking as a Canadian, there is a chance that the systems which we have to train our teachers are very different from yours.

See, I'm a firm believer that the average person can, and SHOULD be able to PASS most regular high school courses with absolutely no effort (as long as they are not doing things that are likely to make them fail). Some people, myself included, can do very well in regular high school courses with absolutely no effort. The only thing that challenges me is second language courses, because they are generally far more difficult than their ilk.

I think that's pretty good. To me, High School is more about equipping people with what they NEED. It's about educating the populace with all the basic skills they will need in life, and starting them on the advanced ones. For me, I think that people who want additional learning will likely seek it out on their own, or get post secondary education.

I do think that everyone learns differently, so it would be nice if everyone could be engaged and learn properly, but I think that increasing school time COULD help that. Obviously other things should be changed as well.

On the other hand, I'm always a bit weary of the whole "inept teachers" argument. I think one of the better things my parents did for me was that when I came home complaining about how a teacher sucked and was always wrong and on and on, instead of doing what some people did, and complaining, or going in, or whatever, they basically told me that the teacher probably wasn't actually that bad, and I just didn't work too well with them. And you know what? They where right. I think that people are pretty quick to cast blame, when really, most teachers ARE qualified. Of course, I'm speaking as a Canadian, there is a chance that the systems which we have to train our teachers are very different from yours.

perhaps it's just me just being bitter about not receiving the education that I expected. It's quite depressing when you speak to other people and they talk about their advanced programming class and such and such when you didn't have the opportunity to take it. I lived in Middle-of-Nowhere, Texas, and attended a small school that only seemed to care about getting good scores in some silly test given by the state (then again, many schools are probably like this, but i dunno). In fact, during my time in high school, many of the vocational classes and extracurricular activities that were available were removed with the excuse that "they didn't provide the knowledge necessary to succeed in an academic environment" or something of that nature. I hated it, hated it with a passion.

but i see your point. After all, high school is pretty much a requirement for most jobs out there, so it's meant to prepare all the students so that they can succeed. But I don't know... it would have been nice at least a bit more variety.

Edited by Robin!

But I like the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But I like the strikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyz... Can't let them go to waste =D

Oh I hate running.... huh...

Well as far as I can see all those are purposefully - wait... purposely or purposefully? =/ - done. So I don't have to worry about that part.

And sorry that my grammar annoys you. It's kinda just the way I am though. I can't break a habit... Well... I can and have broken a habit/habits before... It's just that this habit doesn't bug me enough for me to be able to quit it. :D

And in answer to Emerald waaaaaaaaay up there... idk... I think that it might be a bit reasonable to pass something to help our teaching cause sadly - for me - education is taken into high consideration so they'll just make things more and more and more advanced over time. But I also think, what if protesting makes them prevent this for now?

Edited by Freohr Datia

Lali-ho! This will probably never get passed through congress. You have to remember that it will interfere with many things. Examples would be: sports, summer school, homework, tutoring, and much more.