Fire Emblem: Bandits Reign

Blademaster!

READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE ASKING ME ANYTHING THAT INVOLVES YOU NOT GETTING SOMETHING TO WORK!

At long last..... I can finally release the DEMO Demo. It's called the DEMO Demo for two reasons. One: The difficulty is unexpectedly high and you are better off letting the NPC's do everything for the 1st and 2nd chapter. Two: The DEMO Demo isn't the actual start of the game.

Anyways, here is the DEMO Demo: http://www.sendspace.com/file/tqzhb8

It MUST be patched to a clean version of Fire Emblem (AKA FE7). Also, DO NOT HACK INTO THE ROM AFTER APPLYING THE PATCH! I am not responsible for anything that happens once you do.

Please report any glitches you may find.

Known Glitches:

Right now there are 4

1. At the beginning of each chapter during the intro (except the prologue) there is some weird text glitch that doesn't really do anything besides possibly look ugly, but personally I think it makes for a semi nice aesthetic effect.

2. If you enter a village with a full inventory and have to discard an item, and you discard one(well you have to do so anyway), it causes things to become glitchy. So beware since this one can freeze the game.

3. If you skip the first conversation at the end of the first chapter, it can cause a glitch with the mugs. think I know why this happens and I'll look into fixing it.

4. If Yorek Dies, he comes back in the next chapter. Don't know why this happens yet.

Only the second one can freeze the game as far as I know.

Credits:

The Creators of the actual original game(Nintendo, Intelligent Systems) for programing most things into the game.

NintenLord: For his map array inserter and event assmbler. If it wasn't for this stuff, I couldn't have custom events.

Xeld: For his FEditor and putting up with my annoying questions.

Blazer: For teaching me about music hacking, his music patch, and his tutorial killer patch.

Everyone who worked on Nightmare: There are to many different people to name and I'll have to go back and look at every editor I used so as to make a proper list.

Anyone or anything I may have forgotten.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Fire Emblem or it's properties and anything legally related to it and such. All things are owned by their respectful owners.

What the DEMO Demo holds: The DEMO Demo is mostly meant for me to get feedback on what I should change. I already have an Idea on what I should change, but anything else anyone has to say would be greatly appreciated.

The DEMO Demo holds Chapters 6-8 off the actual hack. But don't worry, the hack starts at the actual spot it is supposed to.

Things that have not been edited yet: Certain characters do not have finished descriptions, and I need to work on fixing boss quotes, boss death quotes, and death quotes in general.

But seriously, about the Yorek coming back each chapter thing, if anyone knows how to fix that or why it may be happening, please tell me. He replaces Oswin and he uses the same code every chapter to bring him up (Like everyone else) If you have an idea as to why this may be happening, please tell me. Right now, I think it is related to the fact that Oswin isn't supposed to appear in Lyn's story, but I'll have to look into that later.

I apologize if the DEMO Demo seems like a piece of crap; it still needs to be worked on and tweaked.

Oh, and for those who would like some sort of character guide, here is some sort of weird tier list I made. It only applies for this DEMO Demo, and not the actual hack:

3-13 Archer Tier

-Milley

-Olson

-Moss

High Tier

-Dangelo

-Broken

Mid Tier

-Orek

-Joseph

Low Tier

-Orion

-Yorek

-Lily

-Dawn (she may be a dancer, but she's only playable for one chapter and when you get to the chapter, you'll see why she is so bad)

Remember, any advice you can give me is welcome. that is really the main purpose of this DEMO Demo, besides letting everyone see what I have done so far.

Unless I get some major major complaints about the difficulty and people being incapable of beating the DEMO Demo, this is probably going to be the only version of the DEMO Demo I will release.

The next demo will include the true part one along with all the corrections people suggest to me to make from the DEMO Demo.

If you have any trouble patching the DEMO Demo (I didn't) then please ask me and I will help you out the best I can.

I need to take a break so don't expect any updates for a while (like two weeks maybe, possibly less. I'll still be around, it's just I don't think I should work on the hack for a while after seeing how much I have been working on it as of late

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A while back on FEU, I tried to make a hack, but I got bored of it and stopped. Since then, I have been thinking about a new hack that i had in mind that sounded much more interesting unique and possibly challenging. Since I posted this on FEU and this forum also has a hack section, I figured why not show it here too. The story seems a bit odd and extreme for an FE game, so I want to get as much input/critsism as possible.

I've recently started taking this Sci-Fi class, and one of the things that we talk about in that class is the Cyberpunk genre. I don't really understand it very well, but from what I can gather from what I've learnt, the genre generally has some very interesting plot ideas.

So here is the basic background for the story. Fire Emblem: Bandits Reign takes place in an alternate universe on Jugdral (the FE4/FE5 continent), 150 years after the events of FE4. I will do my best to try not to have FE4 spoilers in the game, but there will be some. If you are capable of patching a hack to a rom, you can play the FE4 translation.

I picked the FE4/FE5 universe becuase it is a universe that anyone can become easily familar with, it has an interesting history(story wise), and because of the holy blood/holy weapon system.

The story works like this: About 8000 years into the future of where this game takes place, Man has lost all understanding of magic, has become MUCH weaker physically, and has lost all possible decendants of those with Holy blood. Even the location of the holy weapons is unknown to these people, and most think of them as myths while others think they had rusted away. To make up for this though, Man is now much further advanced in terms of using technology and exists in an age of peace. It was truly a utopia. This utopia is ruined though, when demons begin to appear out of no where, with no cause as to why in sight. Scientists were baffeled by the existance of such creatures, let alone how they came to be, while religious nuts and conspiritors ran through the streets say "As long as greed and Evil exists in the hearts of men they will return!" Such was an impossibility though, given the utopian society the people lived in.

Since Man had lived in a utopian society for so long, they had no way weapons to use initially along with warriors to use them, and suffered heavy casualties. Even with the new advanced weapons they had created as the war raged on, only the weaker demons could be defeated by them, as the stronger ones were immune due to an odd dark aura that surrounded them. The most dangerous of these demons were the Four blood hounds, lead by a demon that was even more powerfull than the hounds. Supposedlly, there was an even stronger demon than that one.

Man was at a loss. They had discovered that the only way to defeat the demons with these powerfull auras was to actuall enter the aura itself and combat the demon, but no man was strong, skilled or fast enough to combat them at such close range. Things started to look even worse when the demons started using mans weapons against them. All hope had seemed lost..... but then, someone found a solution.

Man thought that if these monsters should exist, then so should the holy weapons. Man already knew that the people of their time would not be able to use them, but perhaps people of another time could. As such, man made a time machine and sent about 30 soldiers 8000 years into the past. Little did they know was that one of the four demon hounds, Henshin , had the abillity to morph into the shape of other beings, and went back into the past with them, in addition to notifying his piers about the current situation. As a result, in the future, humans had become all but extinct as the only ones left alive were those who were forced to serve the demons.

The 30 humans who went back in time, ended up being spared by Henshin, but at a price. Since the humans didn't realize that he was a demon they had put their trust in him. Being the pursuasive person he was, he managed to trick and confuse the soldiers into working for him by telling them about how instead of trying to fix their destroyed time, they just take over and rule this time. When they all agreed with Henshin, he relayed the message back to their "superiors" who in turn sent more soldiers(demons in disguise) and weapons to help take over this new time.

This was 100 years before the start of our story. 50 years later, Jugdral is now in much worse shape. Most of the continent has become mishapen due to the future "humans" weapons, and laboritories where unspeakable experiments were being performed to find out the secrets of holy blood. As for the decendents of the holy warriors, they have the power to stand up to the demons, but lack the power to fight the futuristic weapons they hold. Because of these weapons, Grandbell has been all but abandoned, with most of the contries armies hideing in Silesia, Issac, and Southern New Thracia. The Agustrian Cross Knights were also forced to retreat to Silesia, while The Lance Ritter and Thracian Dragon Knights were forced to retreat to the southern part of New Thracia.

Because of the shape of this new Jugdral, bandits have become prevalent once more. And that is where our main characters come in.....

Orion

He is the Protagonist of the story who is suffereing from Amnesia. He is a SwordBandit (essentially a mercenary with a different class name), and third in command of the Zolde Bandits. Age Unknown, but appears to be about 17.

Dangelo

Leader of the Zolde bandits. A beserker, and the Jeigan of this game. He greatly enjoys the company of women. Age: 42

Milley

One of the women Dangelo has captured. The mother of Joseph, the bastard son of her and Dangelo. She was once a member of the royal Tordo family, and as such, has minor Tordo blood. She was deeply in love with a man that Dangelo killed. She does not love Joseph, nor does she recognize him as her son. Age: 34

Joseph

Dangelo and Milley's son. A bandit who is second in command of the Zolde Bandits. He is just like his father. Has minor Tordo blood, and does not care that his mother despises his very existance. Age: 20

Broken

HE IZ TEH MOZ BRO-KAN CHARAMACURE EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has godly bases and growthes. He is a lvl 1 Swordmaster. A member of the Zolde bandits. Don't use him too much okay?

There are many other important characters to the story, along with more members of the Zolde bandits, but these are the most important characters for now.

As you should probably already be able to tell, this game will be rated pg-13 to R due to the graphic nature of the story, but relax. Unlike most cyberpunk stories, there are no sex scenes. Though there is implied rape and sex and stuff.

This will be an FE7 hack split into two parts: "The Past" and "The Future." It will be 27 chapters long, including the prolouge and final. There may be gaiden chapters. "The Past" is the first 21 chapters, while "The Future" is the last 6. Most characters carry over from the past to the present, and I say most because you get to pick which ones you bring to the future, but lose the ones you don't bring for the rest of the game. I only plan to introduce 3 more characters in "The Future" part of the game, so if everything goes according to plan, in "The Future" you will be able to pick between 24 characters compared to the 50 I plan to have exist in "The Past". I will do my best to limit the mandatory characters you have to bring to "The Future".

Skills will not be implemanted in this game, with the exceptions of critical, dance/play, and Lethality. Holy blood is implemented in that characters with minor holy blood will be A ranked with the weapon of the holy blood if they can use said weapon type. Being S ranked with certain weapon types only exists for certain characters. Holy weapons are all PRF weapons, though if there are two characters with Major Holy Blood, then both will be able to use said weapons as the weapons will be able to be traded. There will also be no Str/Mag split.

The following pairings from FE4 are assumed as canon for this story (Includes both Gen 1 and Gen 2) and mentions all the children the characters had as a couple (some new children have been added for certain couples). These don't have any major impact on the story other than explaining why certain characters have certain holy blood. New child characters do have a minor impact on the story though. Both children and sub characters exist.

Gen 1

Sigurd/Diadora - Celice

Alvis/Diadora - Julius and Julia

Cuan/Ethlin - Leaf and Altena

Jamuka/Adean - Lester and Rana

Holyn/Aira - Skasher and Lakche

Beowolf/Lachesis - Delmud

Fin/Lachesis - Nanna and Eltshan(born after the war)

Claude/Sylvia - Corple and Leen

Levin/Sylvia - Fury(born after the war)

Levin/Fury - Sety and Fee

Lex/Ethina - Amid and Linda (neir blood not inherited for either child)

Azel/Tiltyu - Arthur and Tinny

Noish/Briggid - Faval and Patty

After the war, Fin eventually found Lachesis and the two got back together and had a child. Before Levin left Jugdral, he found Sylvia, and both expressed how they missed Fury and Claude now that they were dead. They stayed together for a bit, had a child, but then left her with Fee and both left to explore they world.

Gen 2

Celice/Tinny

Skasher/Rana

Roddlevan/Mana

Johalva/Lakche

Johan/Radney

Arthur/Fee

Amid/Femina

Corple/Patty

Lester/Daisy

Aless/Leen

Leaf/Nanna

I apologize if the Gen 2 pairings aren't to your liking, but this is what they are. All characters not listed do not fall in love with other FE4 characters, but do fall in love, if that makes you feel better. Maybe. FE5 characters with Holyblood also fall in love and have children, but I don't feel like mentioning them.

Various Armies and The classes that represent them:

Barhara - Holy Guard

Army Leader Class: Lord Knight

Soldiers: Master Knight

Chalphy - Gruenen Ritter

Army Leader Class: Paladin/Troubadour

Soldiers: Social Knights and Troubadours

Jungby - Beige Ritter

Army Leader Class - Ranger

Soldiers - Arch Knights (If I get permission to use the animation, otherwise Nomads)

Velthomer - Roten Ritter

Army Leader Class - Mage Knight

Soldiers - Mage

Freege - Gelp Ritter

Army Leader Class - Mage Knight

Soldiers - Mage

Dozel - Grauen Ritter

Army Leader Class - Great Knight

Soldiers - Warriors

Edda - No army. Protected by Chalphy's Gruenen Ritter

Issac - No formal Army Title.

Soldiers - Swordmasters and Hero's

Agustria - Cross Knights

Army Leader Class - Black Knight (Essentially a paladin that can't use Axe's, but has better caps and 9 mov)

Soldiers - Social Knights

Verdane - Bandguard

Army Leader Class - Sniper

Soldiers - Fighters and Archers

Silesia - Wind Mage Army and Angelic Guard

Angelic Guard

Army Leader Class - Falcon Knight

Soldiers - Pegasus Knights

Wind Mage Army

Army Leader Class - Sage

Soldiers - Mage

New Thracia - Lance Ritter and Thracian Dragon Knights

Lance Ritter

Army Leader Class - Paladin

Soldiers - Social Knight

Thracian Dragon Knights

Army Leader Class - Dragon Master

Soldiers - Dragon Knights

Triva about the game:

- Holy blood growth bonuses will be implemented, so characters who have a certain holy blood will have at the least the growthes their blood gives them. For example, If a character has minor Tordo blood, the minimum their growths can be are HP:20% Str:0% Skl:30% Spd:0% Luk:0% Def:0% Res:0% Since there is no Str/Mag split, characters who recieve bonuses from mag when they don't use magic will instead recieve havle of the bonus for their HP while the other halve will go to res. For magic units who are given blood that boosts str, half of the bonus will go to HP will the other half will go to Def. For example, a Mercenary with minor Narga/Heim blood would have the minimum growths of HP:30% Str:0% Skl:0% Spd:0% Luk:0% Def:0% Res:30%

- The growths of characters who's parents are also in the game will be treated as Children growthes were. For example, Joseph's growthes are equal to his Fathers plus half his mothers plus holy blood bonuses, though his mother is not a playable character.

- Decedants of characters from FE4/FE5 recieve the Holy Blood that hey should from their ancestors, and there growths are somewhat affected by their ancestors. For example, Celice's decendants will have good defence in addition the their Holy Blood bonuses.

Edited by Blademaster!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to fight the machines demons, we have to go back to the future in time to retrieve the power of... Holsety h4x!!

It seriously sounds like a pretty well thought-out setting though. Let me know how this goes, I might be able to provide some input on your ideas.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot. How do you plan to handle weapons/items in this hack? Will they have limited uses, or be repairable? Will they be freely transferable as in most FE games, or will you also use the FE4 mechanic where weapons are semi-permanent possessions of individual characters? Will wealth be communal, or individual?

Edited by Blackbird

As long as my first post was, there was more stuff that I wanted to add.

Weapon system.

All characters have set weapon levels until part 2 of the game. At part two of the game, you will gain 8 unlimited use weapons (one for each weapon type) that will allow you to raise a characters weapon level. Characters who have minor holy blood will be A ranked with their weapon type if they can use the weapon. If they have major holyblood, they will have A rank in that weapon if they are unpromoted, but S rank if they are promoted. Such major holy blood characters will come with a PRF weapon only they can use to raise their weapon level to S in part 1.

Holy weapons are sadly(?) still just as broken as they were. To make up for this though, you can only use them for the last chapter of part 1, and have free use of them in part 2, where the enemies are MUCH MUCH stronger. They are all PRF weapons. In part 2, you will also find the holy weapons of the future. They are much weaker than the holy weapons of the past, but anyone who is S ranked with that weapon type can use them. There is no Part 1 Lopto tome for obvious reasons, but there is a part 2 Lopto tome. Since it is much weaker, like the other holy weapons, it has lost its abillity to reduce damage as greatly as it did in the past. Any one who is S ranked in dark magic will be able to use it in part 2 like every other part 2 holy weapon.

Also, the Swanchika may not be a projectile weapon depending on whether I can get it to work properly or not as a projectile (for some odd reason, it is very difficult to get axe's to work as long range weapons). The Valkyrie stave no longer revives the dead, but will work as the Hammerne staff. It will have unlimited uses since there are no shops in part 2. There is no Part 2 Valkyrie staff.

New Classes.

There are going to be a couple new classes in this hack.

Axe Armor (Uses Hector's animation. Like Lance armors, they will be called Armors)

Rangers (Have more Strength and Defence than Nomad Troopers, but are slower and have less resistance. Uses the FE8 animation)

Sword Bandit (Main characters class/Lord class. It's really just a Mercenary though......)

Black Knight (Paladins with better caps, but can't use Axe's. Have 9 mov)

Great Knights (Have more Str and Def than Paladins, but are slower, have worse Skl, and worse Res)

Scientist (Cannot use weapons. Can only use Future weapons, which are PRF weapons. Future Weapons essentially deal OHKO to Human units, but Scientists have REALLY bad bases. Like, worse than FE7 prince bases. Are they friend or foe?)

Future Soldiers (Similar to Scientists, except they have better bases and use weaker weapons. They won't be dealing OHKO's to human units. Are they friend or foe?)

Thief Fighters (Essentially Rouges. Have better def and res than Assassins, but are weaker)

Mageknight

Master Knight (Use Ephraim's Great Lord animation. Can only use lances unlike the original FE4. They are essencially Black Knights who can't use swords, but have better caps and 10 move. They are NPC/Enemy only.)

General's will hopefully be able to use Swords.

Soon, I'll have mugs done for the Five previously mentioned characters.

Thank you everyone for your input so far.

@Blackbird: I believe I have answered your most of your questions in this post. Money will be communal. Weapons will have uses and you will need to buy. You only have unlimited repairs in part 2 since there are no shops. And they will be tradable amongst your army. I hope this has answered all of your questions.

Edited by Blademaster!

For this hack, I am going to try and do weekly updates that give more information on the hack and show the progress I have made so far. Since I had two updates last week, there will be no update this week (also, I have a lot of tests this week). Next Week's update will have the mugs of the Five previously mentioned characters along with a small bio on Henshin, the only other named character in the hack so far. This bio will be similar to the ones that the five previously mentioned characters had.

The story is good. My only problem with it, is how will it be told? Will it be something to read before you start the game, or do you find out as you progress through the story? Also, no skillz? :( Random question; where is Zolde?

How the story of the future is told is something that I should have told through the game very carefully. At the beginning of the game, I'll probably give the current situation of what is going on. As the game progresses, you'd find out more about the future and why people needed to come back in time.

I can't have skills exist since I'm not good enough at hacking to do such. Additionally, I believe that the FE4 GBA remake wasn't even able to implement most skills and such. The only skills that will probably exist are critical, Lethality, Steal, Dance, Play, and maybe elite. (Essentially the skills that FE7 already has implemented into the game.)

Zolde isn't a place. It's just the name of the bandits gang.

Well, I'm not going to give the update I originally planed for this week, but I'm going to give an update non the less. Well, here's some more game play info:

Magic:

Magic is split up just like it was in the GBA games as Dark, Light, Anima, and staves.

Anima magic combines all three FE4 magic types: Fire, Wind, and Thunder. As such, there is no Anima magic weapon triangle. The different magic types are still split in a sense though.

Fire Magic: (The strongest and heaviest Anima magic. Has decent hit)

Fire - E ranked magic (uses fire animation)

Elfire - D ranked magic (uses fire animation)

Rising Flame - C ranked projectile magic (uses Sword of Seals fire animation. Kills BGM)

Holy Flame - B ranked magic (Use's Fa's dragon Breath)

Flame Breath - A ranked PRF weapon. Only those with major and minor Fala blood will be able to use this weapon (If I can get this to work properly, which I should be able to do.)

Fala Flame - PRF weapon/S ranked fire magic. The past's Fala Flame is an S ranked PRF weapon, while the Future's Fala Flame is just an S ranked weapon. (Uses forbalze

animation)

Wind Magic: (The weakest and lightest magic. Has High hit)

Wind - E ranked magic (Uses Exaccus animation. Kills BGM)

Blizzard - C ranked projectile magic (Uses Fimbulvetr animation)

Fimbulvetr - A ranked PRF. Only those with major and minor sety blood can use. (Uses Fimbulvetr animation)

Holesety - PRF weapon/S ranked weapon. The Past's Holesety is an S ranked PRF weapon, while the Future's Holesety is just an S ranked weapon. (Uses excallibur animation)

Thunder Magic: (Magic with inbetween power and weight. The only Anima magic that boosts critical rates. Low hit)

Thunder - E ranked magic (uses thunder magic animation)

Storm - C ranked projectile magic. Player only. (Uses Iodun's dark dragon stone animation. That's why it's player only, due to how the animation works.)

Dark Storm - A ranked PRF. Reverses weapon triangle. Major and minor Tordo blood users only. (Uses Gespenst animation)

Tor Hammer - PRF/S ranked weapon. The Past's Tor Hammer is an S ranked PRF weapon, while the future's is just an S ranked weapon. (Uses bolting animation)

Light Magic (Lighter and weaker than wind magic. Has better hit than wind magic. Like thunder magic, all forms of light magic can critical.)

Lightning - E ranked light magic (Uses lightning animation)

Shine - D ranked light magic (Uses Shine animation)

Purge - C ranked projectile light magic (Uses Purge animation)

Divine - B ranked Light magic (Uses Divine animation)

Aura - A ranked light magic (Uses Aura animation)

Narga - PRF ranked light magic. Only those with Major Narga Blood can wield this magic. (Uses Aurello animation) Note: Due to the nature of how broken the magic is, the past version will be NPC only, but the future version will be able to be used by the player for the final chapter only.

Luce - S ranked Light magic. The only man-made magic. Created in the future, it uses the power of the sun to greatly harm demons. Effective against demons.

Dark Magic (More powerful and heavier than fire magic. Has the lowest hit rate of all forms of magic)

Flux - E ranked dark magic (uses flux animation)

Luna - D ranked dark magic (Uses Luna animation)

Eclipse - C ranked projectile magic (uses eclipse animation)

Nosferatu - B ranked dark magic. Absorbs HP (Uses Nosferatu animation)

Fenrir - A ranked dark magic. (Uses fenrir animation)

Lopt - S ranked dark magic. Only exists in the future. (Uses Ereshkigal animation)

I think I may have already said this before, but there are no characters with Lopotuso blood in this game. Lopt blood gives the same bonuses as Narga/Hiem anyway, so yeah.

Next new announcement of this hack:

MANDATORY DEATH'S!

There will be certain points in the game where you are "forced" to have your playable characters die. I put force in quotes because you can hack into the game and save them. Please don't. Them dying at these points of the game is part of the story. Characters who are put into these situations where they are forced to die are separated from your main army by a VERY large distance. They will generally die on the first enemy phase.

This will never happen to characters who just join you on that chapter. In other words, if on the very first chapter a character becomes playable, but is very far away from your army (such as Bridgette or Claude and Tinny on chp 3) those situations are not mandatory death scenes. You will also be able to tell when these mandatory death scenes will occur due to dialogue that will occur before such situations.

Mandatory death scenes will also occur between NPC's, like in FE4. A good example of this would be when Cuan and Ethlin die.

This hack is getting interesting.

Nice splitting up the magic.

It isn't really split. Fire wind and Thunder is still all part of anima magic. It's only split into the three elements for aesthetic/game play purposes.

Also, Thank you everyone for all the comments given so far.

Edit:

As promised, here are the mugs of the five previously mentioned characters, along with more info on Henshin and the introduction of three new characters:

charactersheet1.png

From top to bottom the characters are

Orion

Dangelo

Milley

Joseph

Broken

Unless I get any major complaints, all character designs are final (though they may be tweaked if the look bad when actually inserted into the game). Also, I'm not the best sprite artist, as you can clearly see.

Character Bios:

Henshin

One of the Four Demon Blood Hounds. Has the ability to transform into any form of appearance, though his power remains the same regardless of the form he takes. He is very charismatic, and as such gives a support bonus to his soldiers (to simulate charisma). He is the weakest of the Demon Hounds, and relies on the power of another one of the hounds that allows him to clone him self. Think of him as a stronger and weaker version of Cyas.

New Characters:

Orek

A member of the Zolde bandits. He is a mercenary and the twin brother of Yorek. He dislikes Dangelo's tactics, but is forced to stick with the group for money reasons. Has no holy blood. Age 19

Yorek

A member of the Zolde bandits. He is a fighter and the older twin brother of Orek. He sees Joseph as his rival. The slaves of the Zolde bandits seem to like him, and he is the only person Milley is willing to talk too. Has no holy blood. Age 19

Lily

A mysterious thief who once tried to steal from the Zolde bandits. She was captured and was to be turned into one of their slaves until she promised to help them as a thief. She then to a liking to Joseph.

She claims that "thieving" is in her blood. Age 19

Edited by Blademaster!

I finally managed to finish the character draft. I'm not going to list every character, but I finished deciding on how many characters there are going to be and how many characters of each class you get.

But first, another new game play aspect (sorta)

Temp characters:

Temp characters are NPC's who join you and aide you on maps for a set period of time. If they die, they will still appear in the next chapter, unless the chapter they die in was the last chapter they are set to appear in as a Temp character.

Class list.

This is a list of the total number of characters per class you have. For example. If I say you have 5 Generals, that means that 5 out of how many characters can potentially become generals. They are listed from highest to lowest and include mandatory death characters. Temp characters are not included.

Special (Lord classes, Dancers, etc.) - 8

Paladin - 4

Hero - 4

Sword Master - 3

Nomad Trooper - 3

Berserker - 3

FalcoKnight - 3 (can triangle attack)

Future Soldier - 3

General - 2

Sniper - 2

Warrior - 2

Thief Fighter - 2

Bishop - 2

Male Sage - 2 (use light anima and staves)

Female Sage - 2 (Use dark anima and staves)

Valkyrie - 2

Mage Knight - 2

Draco Master - 2

Ranger - 1

Assassin - 1

Druid - 1

Great Knight - 1

Scientist - 1

There are 50 total playable characters, so this should give you an idea about how many Mandatory death characters there are.

Oh, and one last thing:

Secret Characters:

These are characters who can join you, but have no hints given about how they can be recruited (like Tauroneo in FE9 hint hint) or are recruited in a similar way to Stefan (hint hint)

Of the 50 playable characters, there are a total of 10 secret characters. And both the Holesety and Balmunk users are secret characters. They are the only secret holy weapon users though.

Secret characters generally have very good bases and growths and come equipped with only the best equipment. You may not use them for long or at all, but they are worth trying to get.

Nine of them are recruit-able in the past, while only one of the 10 is recruit-able in the future.

Playing FE5 can help knowing how to recruit these guys sometimes.

Edit:

prolougemap.gif

The map for the prologue. Hopefully it looks familiar.........

Edited by Blademaster!

I'm sorry for posting so many times in a row.

First off, one new game play mechanic:

Supports

Unless something goes wrong, supports will work like the bond supports found in FE 3 and FE 5. That means supports will be either one way or two ways supports. So character A may support character B, but character B may not support character A.

Support conversations will only occur when you obtain a new character that has a bond support with a character you already have. This way, it makes it less obvious if a character is recruit-able.

Additionally, like in FE10, some of your playable characters may support enemies, or be supported by them. In addition to being a fun feature, this also helps add confusion as to whether or not certain characters are recruit able.

Support bonuses will be the same for all playable characters, unless they receive a bonus from an enemy.

Playable support bonuses add +5 to hit, avoid, crit and crit avo. So if characters are capable of having an A support with each other, the support bonus turns out at +15 hit, avoid, crit and crit avo. If a character has used all 5 of their support options, then the bonus is +25 hit and avo, crit and crit avo. This is represented by the Light Affinity.

Enemy support bonuses are much stronger, since they only exist for a limited amount of time (like a chapter). For every level of support a playable character receives from an enemy, they gain +20 hit, +15 avo, +30 crit, and +5 str, def, and crit avo. This bonus only exists between enemies and playable characters, and only playable characters receive this cheap bonus. Enemies receive the playable character bonus. This is represented by the Ice Affinity.

Enemy to enemy bonuses are a bit different than the previous two. The bonus given for these types of supports are +50 hit and +30 crit avo. Yeah...... This is represented by the Thunder Affinity.

Henshin also has his own one way support bonus unique to him. He always gives an A rank support bonus to his demonic allies for a total of +45 hit and avo, +30 crit avo, +15 crit and str, and +3 def. He is meant to be a worse version of Cyas after all...... This is represented by the Fire Affinity (As a homage to Cyas)

Demon hound bonus. The other three members of the demon hounds all give a support bonus to each other. It is a B rank bonus for all three of them, and a C rank bonus for Henshin. The bonus is +10 hit, avo, crit, and crit evo for every lvl of support. This is represented as the Wind Affinity.

????? bonus. Depending on certain events the player makes in the game, someone will receive a one way A ranked support bonus from ?????. This bonus totals to +30 hit and crit, along with +45 crit avo. This is represented by the Anima Affinity.

The Omega bonus. I will not say how this bonus works exactly and I will only be listing the bonus given for calculation purposes. The bonus is +25 hit, +30 crit avo, and +10 crit and avo. This is represented by the Dark Affinity.

Support bonuses are subject to change.

Also, New character and mugs.

charactersheet12.png

From top to bottom, they are Orek, Yorek, and Lieaster.

Lieaster is the boss of the prologue, Leader of the Bandguard, and King of Verdane. He is a Sniper who is the descendant of Lester and Daisy, and also Jamuka and Aideen. As such, he has minor Ulir Blood. He is a recurring character, but is only the boss of the prologue (he appears as a boss on other chapters, but is never the main boss again). He has a son named Troy.

I have yet to decide on this as of yet or not, but I will soon release a demo that will either just be the prologue, or it will be the prologue and chapter 1.

I have to say, this is a very well thought out and detailed hack. I worry about whether you'll have the determination to finish it, but if you do I would love to play it, so please do :P

This looks interesting...I hope that you can get it made as i'd like to play it. If you want any help with sprites ( Just portraits) I can help you need only ask if you want it. If you want to see my sprites then send a PM to me. Thanks, Keep up the good ideas and makes those ideas a reality!

--Sasuun--

I have to say, this is a very well thought out and detailed hack. I worry about whether you'll have the determination to finish it, but if you do I would love to play it, so please do :P

What's keeping my determination going right now is too things: One, I want to make a good and interesting hack. Two, I want to get some kind of coding practice, by which making chapter events fulfills.

This looks interesting...I hope that you can get it made as i'd like to play it. If you want any help with sprites ( Just portraits) I can help you need only ask if you want it. If you want to see my sprites then send a PM to me. Thanks, Keep up the good ideas and makes those ideas a reality!

--Sasuun--

Thanks for the offer. I can't really ask for to much help with the sprites since I don't want to reveal the entire character roster, but if you have any sprites that you already made that you were thinking of, feel free to PM me them or post them in this topic. If you do post them in the topic though, just put a note at the top saying that the following mugs are unofficial and should in no way be considered actually part of the hack until Blademaster! says otherwise. Obviously I would give you credit for any mugs you are thinking of contributing, and at the very least I would put one of the mugs you made and wanted put into the hack actually put into the hack, but I can't guarantee they would be a playable character. So at the very least they would be a boss.

But yeah, if anyone wants to contribute a mug to the hack feel free to do so, just remember there are no guarantee's (they will likely become a boss at the least until there is no more room or something). Also, please don't kill yourself over making a character for the hack. And if you do make a mug and want to post it in the topic just put the following note at the top:

the following mugs are unofficial and should in no way be considered actually part of the hack until Blademaster! says otherwise

Thank you everyone so far for your support! I greatly appreciate it and I hope I won't let you down!

Edit: Oh and one last thing. If there was anything about the GBA games game mechanics that you though were to broken, I will do my best to fix them. This means things like less of a certain item, or just make said item not exist (the exception is anything involving the hammerne staff, as it is the holy weapon [Valkyrie staff] with unlimited uses since there are no shops in the future part of the game). I can't fix things like true hit and stuff though......

Edited by Blademaster!

Hmm....I'd still like to help you out ( as i've been in a spriting drought, e.g. nothing to sprite!) But it's hard to randomly make a sprite without an idea of what the character is like.....So if you could at least give me an idea of what a villian is like then i could try to make some. if you don't want to reveal it to the public then send it over PM. Thanks again.

I must say, I'm impressed o.o

I'm looking forward playing your hack, and as sasuun did I also offer my spriting skills to you (I've read what you said to him about that), even though I'm faraway of MKs skills. You can see my latest (and oldest) sprites in my thread in the Sprite-area, so you can decide wether you want or not want my help.

Edited by Xiltas

I must say, I'm impressed o.o

I'm looking forward playing your hack, and as sasuun did I also offer my spriting skills to you (I've read what you said to him about that), even though I'm faraway of MKs skills. You can see my latest (and oldest) sprites in my thread in the Sprite-area, so you can decide wether you want or not want my help.

As of this moment I have no more mugs I would like help making (Sasuun is working on them). When some come up, I'll say what they need to be should anyone want to work on them.

Also, Chapter 1 map!

screenhunter01oct312037.gif

.....What? It's just the god damn prolouge map again. Well, here's the reason as to why. The prologue involves the Zolde bandits taking over Verdane. The 1st chapter involves them defending what they just took over..... Or does it?