The Geneologists Nightmare

eharper256

This is good. I'll try it once all the bugs are fixed. :P Also, does Lex still get a Hero Axe from his Chapter 1 Event, or is it now a Hero Sword? And similarly, is the Hero Weapon that Holyn/Lex give Aira changed in their Chapter 3 convo? Alec doesn't deserve Sety's mug. :( He's not cool enough. Sety should have kept it. I hate Alec's mug, and Sety is one of my favourite characters. :( BTW, wouldn't a FuryxLevin pairing give Sety the GaeBolg? Again, a TiltyuxClaude pairing would give Arthur the Mistoltin. I'm going to do BrigidxClaude for sure. A Thief with Mistoltin and an Axe Knight with the Swanchika? :o Rape. Celice with Charisma gives everyone near him 25 AVO and hit! :o

Nerf Male Thieffighter, both of your thieves are female. If that's the easiest course, it's probably the best. Hmm, Shanan will die tragically. No AVO boist means that the Dark Mages murder him. Ichival isn't good enough.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the new patch, 0.97, with the Swanchika issue and the Manya-squad issue fixed. Again, apply to a fresh FE4 (J).

http://rapidshare.com/files/293544636/Fire_Emblem_4-_Geneologists_Nightmare_0.97.ips

You may get away with using your old save as long as it was made before Manya spawns. Hopefully, the Swanchika should automatically set to 1-1 range. If it does not, save a state, close emulator, open emulator, load FE4GN rom, load the state. Since this refreshes the rom, it should also reset weapon data. If it does not, I'm afraid you'll have to go back to a save before Briggid spawns.

It seems that the Manya bug and the Pirates bug are related: Both are caused by Map Animation using a weapon that a class would not normally use. (I.e. Neutral forces engaging, and in this case, causing bugs because they are trying to use an axe. Which is normally ok, but apparently, the map animation uses a different pointer or something, and looks at what used to be, rather than what is...)

I'm guessing, therefore, that if anybody plays with battle animations off, the same error would occur. Alot. Not alot I can do about that, though. Just turn them on!

EDIT:

This is good. I'll try it once all the bugs are fixed. :P Also, does Lex still get a Hero Axe from his Chapter 1 Event, or is it now a Hero Sword?

No, he gets an Earth Sword. :D

And similarly, is the Hero Weapon that Holyn/Lex give Aira changed in their Chapter 3 convo?

Thats a Hero Bow. She's an Archer now, after all.

Alec doesn't deserve Sety's mug. :( He's not cool enough. Sety should have kept it. I hate Alec's mug, and Sety is one of my favourite characters. :(

It was actually selected because of the colour. Sety has Blue Shirt, so does a Free/Forrest Knight.

BTW, wouldn't a FuryxLevin pairing give Sety the GaeBolg?

It gives Fee the Gaebolg, actually. Fury passes her stuff to Sety (he is a Paladin, so he can take all her axes and lances, no sweat).

Again, a TiltyuxClaude pairing would give Arthur the Mistoltin. I'm going to do BrigidxClaude for sure. A Thief with Mistoltin and an Axe Knight with the Swanchika? :o Rape.

Nope, Tinny gets the Mistolteen in the first case. Arthur gets Tiltyu's stuff.

Celice with Charisma gives everyone near him 25 AVO and hit! :o

Yes, if he's too broken, it may have to change. But enemies are harder now too. Then again, Briggid has like 68 ATK with the Swanchika so who cares. (!)

Nerf Male Thieffighter, both of your thieves are female. If that's the easiest course, it's probably the best. Hmm, Shanan will die tragically. No AVO boist means that the Dark Mages murder him. Ichival isn't good enough.

But Patty can probably help him now rather than having to run away. However, again, this will have to be tested. If they rape him too much then further tweaking is in order.

Haha, oh Lex. Speaking of which, is Lex able to pass down Moonlight to a child with a pony?

I'd imagine not. I believe that this a flaw with the inheritence system. You could try, however.

That is to say: Arthur, Tinny, Skasaha, Leen and Patty can actually inherit Swordskills. Lester will also get them, but lose them on promotion to GreatKnight (yay magical horse summoning screws you over!). Nanna can use after promotion.

I just realised Lex is VERY BLUE in that picture. LOL.

Edited by eharper256

I'd imagine not. I believe that this a flaw with the inheritence system. You could try, however.

That is to say: Arthur, Tinny, Skasaha, Leen and Patty can actually inherit Swordskills. Lester will also get them, but lose them on promotion to GreatKnight (yay magical horse summoning screws you over!). Nanna can use after promotion.

I just realised Lex is VERY BLUE in that picture. LOL.

It's not really a flaw in the original system, since it would be too broken to have mounted units with foot soldier sword skills. It's just that I see these kind of skills being available on mounted units all the time in other hacks. :awesome: I'm being spoiled by them.

I'll see if it works but it could take a very good while since I was planning on doing SylviaxLex. And if it doesn't... at least Leen gets Moonlight.

Lex likes his colors. :>

Oh, I see. Hmm, Balmung!Ishtar is probably freaking hard. I'm guessing THammer's Hit bonus is supposed to counter that? Leaf vs Ishtar. Lol. Another problem I have is that the promotion lines seem incosistent. Some Shamans promote to Sage, while others go to female magefighter. Cuan is the only Mage Knight? Mages are promoting to Sages too. There's too many Sages. Sage is too good a class for there to be that many.

Earth Sword? :o Awesome. What does Lachesis get from Eltshan in Chapter 3 then? A Resire?

Yeah, I don't think Celice's bonus will be that broken. You screwed up a lot of characters. Skasaha and Lakche got murdered. So did Aless and Shanan. Speaking of Shanan, Patty's base RES is probably too crap for the Mistoltin to absorb most of the hit. It probably just reduces it in half. Her AVO won't be too good, so she'll die in a few hits as well. Maybe you can lower the hit rates of the Dark Mages?

It's not really a flaw in the original system, since it would be too broken to have mounted units with foot soldier sword skills. It's just that I see these kind of skills being available on mounted units all the time in other hacks. :awesome: I'm being spoiled by them.

I'll see if it works but it could take a very good while since I was planning on doing SylviaxLex. And if it doesn't... at least Leen gets Moonlight.

Lex likes his colors. :>

Yeah, no doubt the FEBinary guys found a way around it for their hacks, but they're undoubtably far more skilled than I am. :sob: I if get better, I might analyse what they did...but at the moment its a non-option.

Tell us how that (Sylvia x Lex) pans out. I'm going mostly traditional to see how the usual boring cliches fare (Mideel x Aideen, Aira x Lex, Levin x Fury, Sylvia x Claude, Tiltyu x Azel, Briggid x Jamuka, and... Lachesis x Dew?). It was going to be Sylvia x Azel and Claude x Tiltyu, but then I realised Tinny would have a 2.5% magic growth in the second gen 0_o' like that.

Oh, I see. Hmm, Balmung!Ishtar is probably freaking hard. I'm guessing THammer's Hit bonus is supposed to counter that? Leaf vs Ishtar. Lol. Another problem I have is that the promotion lines seem incosistent. Some Shamans promote to Sage, while others go to female magefighter. Cuan is the only Mage Knight? Mages are promoting to Sages too. There's too many Sages. Sage is too good a class for there to be that many.

- Claude is also a MageKnight and Oifaye is a MageKnight

I endevoured to have no more than 2 copies of a class in a single generation (Remember Deidre is a Female Magefighter now, and Leaf is a Male Magefighter on promotion)

Promotion lines making sense? I think that went out the window when I made Lester into Pirate > GreatKnight.

Earth Sword? :o Awesome. What does Lachesis get from Eltshan in Chapter 3 then? A Resire?

The Reserve Staff. She couldn't use a Resire even when promoted since she has no Narga blood. (Shaman now has C in Light Magic. Its pointless having it at A, since its not like Yuria cares anyway) Promoted Dew can use it, mind you.

Yeah, I don't think Celice's bonus will be that broken. You screwed up a lot of characters. Skasaha and Lakche got murdered. So did Aless and Shanan. Speaking of Shanan, Patty's base RES is probably too crap for the Mistoltin to absorb most of the hit. It probably just reduces it in half. Her AVO won't be too good, so she'll die in a few hits as well. Maybe you can lower the hit rates of the Dark Mages?

Oh, I imagine Lackche will still be awesome. Aira is still awesome, after all. Skasaha depends a bit on his dad, though since he doesn't naturally have pursuit. But he is versatile, since he can use all physical weapon types as an armour now. If dad doesn't provide any blood (and/or holy weapons), he'll be best with Bows, though.

Again, since the 2nd gen hasn't yet been tested, I can't say what tweaks will be made in the future. Shanan does get +10 SPD, +10 STR, +10 SKL from the Ichival, so he would stand at the bottom of the cliff and force the darkmages to range attack him, I would imagine. He has Prayer too, so his evade will go up if they start to muller him.

EDIT: Whilst I'm here, have a snapshot of the growths table I made in Excel. You should be able to figure out your kiddies growths easier with that info.

FEGN-Growths.jpg

Should be self explanitory. The base is the left hand number. If blood boosts it, it is coloured, bolded, and in brackets next to the base, showing the final total with bloodboost.

Edited by eharper256

Your relation chart says that Leaf promos to Sage, and Deirdre is a Sage as well.

Leaf is going to be freaking awesome. Pursuit + Critical + THammer plus 100 MAG growth! Altenna will have a low strength, but she can use Magic swords well now. So can Celice. But too many physical units have higher MAG growths than physical growths. Oh well. It's going to be hard. :)

Yeah, no doubt the FEBinary guys found a way around it for their hacks, but they're undoubtably far more skilled than I am. :sob: I if get better, I might analyse what they did...but at the moment its a non-option.

Tell us how that (Sylvia x Lex) pans out. I'm going mostly traditional to see how the usual boring cliches fare (Mideel x Aideen, Aira x Lex, Levin x Fury, Sylvia x Claude, Tiltyu x Azel, Briggid x Jamuka, and... Lachesis x Dew?). It was going to be Sylvia x Azel and Claude x Tiltyu, but then I realised Tinny would have a 2.5% magic growth in the second gen 0_o' like that.

Maybe when 2.0 is out you'll know! : D

I've decided pairings mostly by blood, inheritance, and skills. Oh, and how they're fairing in-game since Adan has blown away my expectations. :')

These are the only ones that deviate from your pairings:

EdinXJamuka

AiraXAdan

SylviaXLex

BriggidXClaude

Lachesis x Deu carries amazing potential here I'd have to be a fool not to use it but other than that, not much of a difference. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to boss abuse everyone to promotion. Girl of the Spirit Forest.

I've decided pairings mostly by blood, inheritance, and skills. Oh, and how they're fairing in-game since Adan has blown away my expectations. :')

These are the only ones that deviate from your pairings:

EdinXJamuka

AiraXAdan

SylviaXLex

BriggidXClaude

Lachesis x Deu carries amazing potential here I'd have to be a fool not to use it but other than that, not much of a difference. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to boss abuse everyone to promotion. Girl of the Spirit Forest.

Yes, Adan is pretty good now with his Kill Bow and Wrath combo. Oddly enough, he seems to clear the Arena more than Sigurd now most of the time for me, and was promoted by Chapter IV start. He's also decent for passing stuff onto Skasaha (can pass B Bows, C Axes, and C Swords to him) though theres no extra blood for the twins and no Pursuit for Skasaha, as he has Continue, Prayer, Wrath and Awareness (though he can have Dads Pursuit Ring, so no big).

Lester gets to copy dad in his pirate ways, only with Charisma and Bargain laid on top for lulz.

I'm thinking Leen might get A swords from dual Baldo/Hezul blood stacking. Not to mention Moonlight Hit. Shocking.

Wow, considering Briggid mothers two direct Holy Crusaders in pairing with Claude, it gives her a bit of political push, LOL.

Hmm, looking at the growths, I wonder if I gave Dew a bit too much of an advantage over Noishe and Beowulf as a Lachesis hubby choices. I may have to tweak him slightly down for the final version.

Your relation chart says that Leaf promos to Sage, and Deirdre is a Sage as well.

Yes, that relationship chart is for the 0.92 beta. Its currently on 0.97. I'll update it when the GoldMaster comes out, but Deidre and Leaf and Magefighters for now.

Leaf is going to be freaking awesome. Pursuit + Critical + THammer plus 100 MAG growth! Altenna will have a low strength, but she can use Magic swords well now. So can Celice. But too many physical units have higher MAG growths than physical growths. Oh well. It's going to be hard. :)

Don't forget Altenna can use staves on promotion too. Her high magic will be useful for this faculty. Theres slightly more magical swords and spellbooks to go around than normal FE4, and all books are more balanced with one another now (its not only Wind thats any good).

EDIT: Oops, Dannann has the Balmung at the moment rather than the Holsety. (LOL two copies of the Balmung...some unique weapon that is...)

EDIT2: Hmm? Starting the second gen, I had a problem with Lester as Pirate using the Thunder Sword. Not sure what causes that...

Edited by eharper256

• 2 weeks later...

I tried patching it and it was still in japanese for me.

As noted, my patch only changes the japanese rom. You'll then need to add the english patch on top, ideally using the soft-patch feature of zsnes.

I'm on Chapter 8 >< and...Faval's icon world screen icon thing is still an archer and for some reason he isn't holding the Swanchika

Its still a beta, and I'm afraid I haven't had time to test that far yet. However, this certainly shouldn't be the case. He should be an Axe-Knight. There is no data I seem to have missed suggesting he has an entry in enemies or holy characters...or anything like that...so I'm not sure.

I'd imagine snes9x can also softpatch things. Just have the ips in the same directory as the smc.

Though I could be hideously wrong, as I've always used zSnes.

If you have to hardpatch, then apply my patch first, then use the english translation patch. Other than that, I have no suggestions.

Hey i'm remeber you from the extinct FESS Forum and the Original Geneologist nigthmare(in fact i'm still have that pacth is some place) and you make now a new version(more crack of the original), well i will try it(the original was a little hard for me thanks to the axe and the change holy weapons), well thanks for the hack.

Can I make a youtube video of the first half of the prologue? This is a good hack, and it might increase the popularity. Then again, My videos aren't that popular, so it might have no effect at all

Edited by mousefire

Hey i'm remeber you from the extinct FESS Forum and the Original Geneologist nigthmare(in fact i'm still have that pacth is some place) and you make now a new version(more crack of the original), well i will try it(the original was a little hard for me thanks to the axe and the change holy weapons), well thanks for the hack.

Oh-ho, someone who remembers me? Shocking, I'll have to assassinate you. :awesome:

Lol, hope you enjoy the new version. Its alot more watertight than the old one with fewer silly errors since I've become better at the process over the years.

If armors can use any weapon, and skasaha is an armor, does that mean he can use the gae bolg or the mistoltin from the start?! that is extremely broken

Enemies are a little bit harder on Chapter 6 to compensate for this, but yeah, it is indeed possible to break the 2nd gen, I'd imagine. But oh well. Personally I prefer Fee with the Gae Bolg for Lulz anyway.

And yeah, I've already discovered that video advertising rarely has significant discernable effect (with my RMXP game).

Edited by eharper256

Enemies'll be harder!? Crap, I thought the johan/johalva part was hard enough :facepalm:

and I'll still probably post the final version prologue on youtube

Lex!Sword kid + Hero Sword while in range of only 1 enemy.

Also, this hack looks promising. Might get around to playing it someday.

Also, this hack looks promising. Might get around to playing it someday.

This hack looks awesome. I'm tempted to just start playing it from the very beginning but considering it's complete, I figured it's better to wait until it's done so that I could enjoy it to its fullest.

As noted, it is actually complete. I just need to quash the stupid bugs. :awesome:

At the moment, with the beta patch, you can pretty much be guaranteed a smooth ride with the 1st gen, but there are some apparent issues with inheritance that I'm trying to get my head around. That, and Skasha using elemental swords seems to crash it at the moment. No idea why.

Anyway, we shall see. I'm glad to see so many people interested at least. ;)

• 2 weeks later...