Xiltas' Sprites (or the most imaginative title ever)

Xiltas Crysten

It's actually no Brown, but the darkest shade of red (from Beta-Kyle). Also, the awkward Teen persona... I believe they orientated on the Ultimate Universe.

Also, I started with the first shade o.o

This is how he looked (after I've drawn over the basic sprite, Colm):

64e0acf7e23081cfa9dcc0e9d82318df.png?1340569984

I've already done exactly what you said^^"

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, SHADE the sprite without the pattern is what I said. THEN you add the pattern so his suit doesn't look like it has the texture of a patchwork quilt. What you have above is a solid color image of a body that has no sense of depth or muscle tone, the latter of which even applies to someone as nimble as Spidey. And muscle tone is conveyed by shading more than anything else.

Edited by The Blind Archer

Okay, so I've tried to follow your advice, Archer, (also giving him a bit more muscles. I mean, okay, he IS nimble, but he's no skeleton) and re-did his entire outfit. Also, I now used the outline-color for his net-design, since the dark red didn't have the effect I wished for.

spiderman1.42wfztr.png

Also, I did Mark, the tactician from FE7, or better said, the male version. Uh, not that I exactly did him, you know what I mean <.<

I made the sprite for a little side-project of mine, maybe I'll have something to show for FEE3, we'll see.

tactician235akq.png

CnC please, thank you in advance^^

Edited by Xiltas Shepard

• 1 month later...

Upgraded Mark in the mean time, maybe I'll show him in the near future.

Yet that's not why I'm here this time.

First things first: Some of you may have already noticed BSN1194's avatar.

His name is Kioji, and I made him for BSN's project. The story seemed promising, and if he can pull it through, many gundam fans could have a nice time^^ Also I made two additional sprites for him, Rayne and George:

Kioji: kioji1.2mkp9i.png

Rayne: rayne.2.269ohi.png

George: george.1.2xfr1g.png

Aaaalso a mug totally unrelated to BSN:

hagen.1.12ljp77.png

(I might choose some other colors... the black doesn't look as nice on her as I had hoped it would)

This young woman is called Hagen (actually a man's name, since originally her character was male, but I changed that due to input from my girlfriend), and she is Siegfried's ancestor. In the current story, she's only playing a minor role, but that could change in the future...

For her looks, I decided to go with a look that made it plausible for her to be Siegfried's, Rohan's and probably ???'s ancestor. Through her origins, she has a very...special relationship with Xiltas and Lucifer.

Comparing her to Siegfried:

siegfried-neu_remake.npog8.png

Oh, and a (sprited) character study for an updated look for Lucifer:

lucifer_new1.2ztokl.png

Edited by Xiltas Shepard

• 1 month later...

I will^^' Any comment/constructive critic for the other sprites?

Anyway, the main reason why I write today is this: I had a cool idea for a dancer/bard alternative, the Heraldist. Instead of dancing, he utilizes various runes to support his allies in combat, so he's not only able to let a unit move again, but can give him/her additional strength/defense... basically using symbols like Ninian is using rings... actually it's the same. I just wanted a somewhat more interesting character instead of plain Dancer/Bard.

heraldist.1.32noosa.png

At this point, Heraldist has no name yet. Part of the clothing is self-made, like the cloth in front of his face, or the part of his hood directly above his face. I tried my best with the shading, but it's not exactly my strong point, hope it turned out fine (unlike the hair^^" I know it's no good yet). Storywise, the cloth in front of his mouth has another effect: on the inside, there are some powerful runes stitched, lowering the strength of his voice. Otherwise, the words of power he's speaking to envoke the symbols would negatively affect everyone who's able to hear them: allies and enemies alike (a friend of mine told me afterwards that there's an anime-character with a similar power, and an enchanted armor with a similar effect, her name's Eucliwood).

Anyway, CnC please^^' Pretty please^^"

Hmm, something like gold trim or runes on the hood or something? Or what did you have in mind?

Currently working on Young Hartmut for my super secret project... Hair is WIP, and the body (FC, btw... getting better, I guess) is most definitely not final :D

hartmut.1.2npuui.png

For the clothing, I thought about something like... a mixture from Geitz and FF8's Squall. Gonna be interesting^^

I guess it isn't a big deal since you'll cover it with clothes, but your anti aliasing on the skin to the outline is too... thick.

Don't be afraid to skip shades. Right now you are using a bit too much of the third shade, I think. And I don't think you need that much 2nd, either. (I'm just talking about the AA on the outline)

Edited by L95

Okay, I'm finished with Hartmut so far. Those are not yellow, but "blonde" eyes... Zephiel, Desmond, Guinevere got them as well.

hartmut.1.4023aax6c.png

I did my best, everything about the body and clothing is full-custom. Fur tutorial was pretty helpful^^

Hair is semi-customized... well, I hope you like him^^ Would be happy about comments and critic^^

I dunno, since I can't do fur myself, but that that fur gives me the impression of... worms all around his collar ;_; hair might need some work, it's... really chunky

Edited by Ponih

His eyes kind of have a snake-like appearance because that dark border color runs straight down through the light color of the eyes, if you were going for that, great, if you weren't, might wanna round out the pupil a bit. The fur is neat as hell in its own right, although messy, it doesn't look like the typical fur people do. It's very wormy and curly, as if his collar was made from an atypical animal or something. Shading-wise it seems a bit too consistent though, there'd probably be a shadow on the collar at the top of his neck where it begins to disappear, and naturally there'd be less shadow on the right where the light is hitting. I still suck at fur though so I'm probably not the best one to give advice on that

Oh and I suppose his hairline seems rather low, making his forehead look a little small--at least IMO

I agree with Jubby on his points also

edit: Wow Im slow a couple of people posted while I was typng....UHHH SORRY IF REDUNDANT :T

Edited by Mewiyev

• 1 year later...

A dreadful voice sounds from the grave: "I'm aliiiiiiive..."

More or less, at least. It's been almost two years since I've last posted anything. Because back in October 2012 I've enrolled in SAE Institute in Vienna, made my diploma last year October. Since then, I've been working on my Bachelor (finished with about November) which leads me to this day.

For our course, History (Interactive Animation) or better Gaming History, we had the option to do a creative work, and since I was very eager to do something with FE, I used my OC Kevin (or Kelyn, as I call him nowadays) and made a version of him in every style of the series. Kinda screwed up on FE13, but I did my best, my personal favorite is FE9.

http://abload.de/img/alle_versionenipbzn.png

I don't know yet if this means I'll start spriting on a regular basis again, perhaps if I have the time.

• 1 year later...

Just something I made a few months ago, when a certain person asked me for permission to use some of my sprites for a project. Thought I could at least put it in here, in case somebody's still interested in taking a look.

hartmut.1.6wkjt4.png

slight remake of Hartmut, completely re-did the fur. Still not satisfied how it turned out, but I like it better than before.

barigan1.2243j54.png

My new version of Barigan. My old version seemed too much like a pretty boy, and I feel like this sprite is closer to the silhouette from the manga.

athos1.4200j1a.png

New young Athos. I imagine he was already well into his thirties during the Scouring, or at least somewhere between 30 and 40. Tried to stay close to his original, even if his clothing design isn't the most creative. Sometimes I'm still having trouble coming up with something.

Oh yeah, not that it really matters anymore, but FE13 Kevin isn't a sprite. I actually did try to copy Kozaki's style- you see how it turned out. Everything's made from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just dropping something here, because I continued my "Young Eight Heroes 2.0" series:

Bramimond:

Bramimond.png.df653a3b3801c6181e1f719024ddb033.png

I guess I was a bit inspired by the Persona 5 Protagonist while spriting him. I think of him as a very quiet guy, mainly because most people just don't understand what he's talking about, and he doesn't like it when they look at him like he's some kind of alien, which is also the reason he treasures the friendship with Athos very much.

Durban:

Durban.png.84af1bf9368c55dd9916ae277017d1e3.png

Durban is also silent most of the time, but he just doesn't give much of a shit about people, and would rather be fighting someone. He's probably the only other member of the Heroes that gets along with Bramimond, because he's very passionate about polishing his skills, and he's traveling down a similar road as him, which will eventually lead them to an unpleasant place.

Elimine:

Elimine.png.c23119602b3534be7c535c0ca32a06eb.png

I'm not sure what I shall make of her. Even though this version is touched up in every aspect, as well as being closer to her only existing artwork, I somewhat like her first version a bit more.

Hanon:

Hanon.png.3a78f74d6b34f0ab3271a68d44db250a.png

I'll admit, I'm a bit proud of her. Though her design is inspired by famous Sacae members, her whole clothing is custom made, and it looks pretty neat. She's a bit androgynous, a bit of an inside joke (you know, because she was mistranslated as being male).

Hartmut:

Hartmut2_12.png.c1ad94d876a0ba8beb5c57ee3ab9ee1c.png

Changed his eyes (again), because I wanted to replicate the intense stare he had in the FE6 manga, and to make him a bit more similar to Zephiel and Desmond. Though I think that this finally suits him.

Roland:

Roland_jung5.1.png.65eea678c01e2c483c2cc887b4a5a98c.png

I updated his hair and changed his facial proportions so that he looks a bit more like his sprite from FE7. and I think I captured his mischievous personality that I felt coming from his ghostly counterpart.

So yeah, that's it. Barigan and Athos are fine as they are, I would say, so I didn't do anything new with the (you can see them a bit above). Though I still have some more WIP sprites from the Scouring project I didn't finish so far, but they're not ready yet for presentation. By now, I got a pretty cool idea about the whole story, state of the world, origins of the Sacred Weapons, the Fire Emblem and the Binding Blade, as well as tying the whole mythology to the greater world of FE. I hope I someday can finish this whole thing.

Cool concepts! I like Hartmut the most though I think his hair would benefit from having 4 shades. The shading on Elimine is pretty weak, she just looks unfinished. They all have sort of messy bits, commonly in the hair, but they're pretty good!