Xiltas' Sprites (or the most imaginative title ever)

Xiltas Crysten

Dancer's was more of my liking, so I made a splice out of his set:

splice1zt80.png

Tried to give him some kind of Asia-look, the hair reminds me of a manga-samurai I once saw.

Oh, and here's the bandit I made for him.

bandit2tqf.png

Comments?????????

Edited by Xiltas

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeeeeeah... Why won't anybody aside from Astra and Dancer write a comment the last month? You know, it's not very motivating u.u

I tried to sprite Etzel, and I've put a lot of semi-custom-work in it <.< I've done my best, but... he could look better.

etzel2.85pye4.png

Yeeeeeeah... Why won't anybody aside from Astra and Dancer write a comment the last month? You know, it's not very motivating u.u

I tried to sprite Etzel, and I've put a lot of semi-custom-work in it <.< I've done my best, but... he could look better.

etzel2.85pye4.png

That's pretty well done but the eye under his monocle thing looks weird.

etzel2.85pye4.png

I actually like it (he looks adorable to me). However, the biggest thing that stands out to me is his monocle. I think you should reference Canas's mug and add some grayish light blue around the rim.

etzel2.85pye4.png

When spriting glasses and monocles/pince-nez, take a good look at Canas's mug. Also this helps a lot:

k00spritetips5.png

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I actually used Canas' monocle as a reference, just couldn't do it as I wanted^^"

But I'm glade you guys like him.

Yeah... I've been trying to totally re-do Exion from scratch, but somehow... I failed. I just noticed while spriting that this is not the sprite that should represent his new image, so I stopped pretty much halfway. Also, there were some errors about his face after "customizing" it a bit... Whatever.

I thought you would at least want to see how a sprite looks after I made a custom body (the tunique part is originally from my Zuko-sprite, just the body is full custom) and some minor customizations in his head area:

exion-remake0.44qr1.png

For those who can't remember his original look (or are too lazy to look up), here's the current version (though I'd still like to overwork it, I believe the body seems too bulky for the head):

exion6pz9.png

Probably something more interesting: I sprited Kevin's and Carolyn's son (units from my hack-in-progress "Lord of Hatred"), I'm going to sprite his twin or younger sister somewhen soon, and probably his adopted brother (I'm thinking way too much into the future).

What to say about him... Kevin has made quite the fortune after the hack, so ?'s (don't know how to call him yet) cloths are not as poorly made as Kevin's were. He gives much about his looks and he doesn't care about money, so he has some higher-class-clothing. He's a bit arrogant at some points, and yeah... that's pretty much all I can say about him at this time. He and his sis didn't inherit their mother's hair color, because Kevin's hair is quite dominant due to his lineage. Yeah... Oh, maybe one interesting point: his eyes are from two different people, guess which ones and which eye belongs to whom XD

kevin-sohn8qm6.png

Edit: forgot I switched Carolyn's and Lena's names.

Edited by Xiltas

Well... I don't want to guess so... yeah :P

Exion's new sash thingy needs some better shading around it, and there are some red spots in his hair(intentional?)

Kevin Jr looks pretty nice, his ear looks a bit small, but could just be me. And his left(our right) shoulder needs to have edited shading, where the light source is.

I believe the body seems too bulky for the head

There's no believing in this, dat body is HUGE compared to the head. Zeiss's head with what looks to be Dieck's body =/= a good fit.

Maybe... Matthew's body? I mean, if you don't mind spriting him naked XD

I dunno. But, either way, he needs a bigger head, a small neck/smaller body, or a smaller body overall.

• 4 weeks later...

While I'm waiting for sets, I've tried to do some weapon icons (Haven't done that over two years^^"), it's not much, I know, but I'd still be glad over comments.

First, Balmung, Siegfried's legendary sword:

neo-balmungcaie.png

Second, Rajam, Kevin's legendary sword:

neo-rajamllq1.png

Yeah, I know, still thinking what do with him... no concrete idea so far.

Btw, if anybody is bored enough to post a set of three characters, I'd try to do a splice again... wanna do something creative.

Do the competition set if you haven't already. Those are pretty rough to work with.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, some time ago I started a little spriting project of mine, using a morphing program. Basically, I took two sprites (male and female) and stopped the transformation somewhen (while the sprite was still more female). I wanted to see if you could make an "accurate" version of how a child of two FEchars could look like.

I took my Kevin and Carolyn for a test...well, it's practically still the beginning, but I wanted your opinion on this idea.

kevindaughtergy0q.png

kevindaughter-protosxxm.png

The sprite may not be complete yet, but at least I can show you a finished face^^ (Still thinking of a body, maybe she'll become a swordfighter like her father.)

kevindaughter-protoheyn.png

The hair was hard to make, I used the shading of Carolyn's hair as a reference, but it's completely custom <.< Hope it turned out fine, though I'm thinking if I should make her hair a bit longer.

Oh yeah, here are her parents at her age, to compare them:

kevin_remake2.43-tile2fhy0.pnglena3.23cle.png

She definetly has her father's eyes^^

Edit: as some sort of bonus, a picture of her twin brother, using the same technique. Maybe I'll revamp the one made by splicing using this as reference:

kevinson9iu7.png

Edited by Xiltas

Yay, finally progress on Lord of Hatred^^

I'm still working on Kevin's daughter and co., but for now I've got another sprite for you. Something I wanted to do since a while ago, but I didn't have any good ideas^^" Whatever, even though it's merely a splice, my vision of a SM Morph^^

morphwyzn.png

I always thought Karel's eye was perfect for this^^

It's a bit in the back, so that you can't see it. A bit like possessed Lyon, it was on purpose, even though I knew the shading wasn't right like that^^"

Whatever, I finally managed to finish Kevin's and Carolyn's daughter^^

I just couldn't sprite a custom body that would look fitting, so I made a semi-custom-splice body for her, and I like it^^

I hope this goes for you as well, so... Lelouch Vi Britannia commends you: Comment! XD stupid from me, huh?

kevindaughter-proto4lzuo.png

• 1 month later...

Yeah... there didn't come much from me last month. Some splices for my contest, but they weren't exactly my top works. Currently, I'm doing some stuff for my hack, The Lord of Hatred, like customizing battle sheets (Lyn will look awesome as Kevin) and trying to customize/improve some of my sprites.

First of all, I've fixed some issues about Xiltas, the legendary swordsman (he reminds me a bit of Link... though I think it's pretty much my imagination):

xiltas2.3ad8o.png

Previous version:

xiltas2tg41.png

Very first version:

geheimnisvollerschwert6fij.png

Second: I've decided to throw away the current version and used my Holyn-sprite to make a new one:

michaelholynuh30.png

Previous version:

michael-neu2rhsi.png

Laurence (I've pretty much only customized his eyes and "fixed" his shoulder):

laurence-rom1.1oi8h.pnglaurence-romfcff.png (possible alternative: laurence-rom1.2phqe.png)

Last but not least: I've tried to customize and fix some things about Nigel, like customizing his eyes (I wanted to make him look a bit younger), editing his hair, face and armor a bit:

nigel-neu-1.34vig6.png Previous: nigel1.1hfl4.png

Feel free to comment (or ignore)^^

Your choice of orange for the hair color looks extremely awkward. If you want a proper orange, use Artur's hair color, since the rest of your mug is using FE8 colors. His nose has too much of the 4th skin tone on it, and there's this weird blue color on his clothing.

The other mugs have the same hair problems.

Xiltas, don't combine different FE's colors :<

It never ends up looking good.

• 4 weeks later...

I know that Xiltas'/Laurence'/Kevin's hair color isn't "right". It's supposed to be something in-between Orange and Light Brown. Several Sprites already stated that it's absolutely awkward, but I'll still keep it. I don't want Arthur's hair, nor do I want to use any existing brown shading of original FEs. In my eyes, it suits him perfect, and as long as it's not some neon-eye-stinging-color, I see no reason to change it.

However, it's not really important, just wanted to clear things up why I'm still using this color.

The past month I wasn't exactly doing nothing (in regards of spriting), I've sprited some bosses for DoF, so everyone who plays the patch will sooner or later encounter them (well, actually their fixed-up versions from Astra). Also, I've continued to update some characters, though most of them just had their eyes...updated.

aaron_new2sius.png

Aaron had his eyes changed, and I've tried to touch up the shading around his eyes to make him seem a bit older, something about early 30s.

akeyda-more-lordy4icu0.png

"Arkanya" also merely had his eyes changed, just because I wanted him to look a bit less like Rath.

kevin_remake2.43scv4.png ----> kevin_eyeversion2.1cf05.png

The next one to be updated was, as you can see, Kevin, second/first main character of my own hack (which isn't dead. Absolutely not. Though you have to search a bit to find it, guess I'll open up a new page when I can present a first patch, thanks to HoT). I made his shirt a bit darker, just because I wanted to see how it looks like... and it fits. And then I got to his eyes, which I think are perfect now for his character. It's a mixture from splicing and customizing, and I'm really proud I managed to get the look I always had in mind.

So, those where the characters with minor changes. The next two took a bit more work, and yeah... not much to say yet.

emmahizg.png ----> emma_new2.3zdtp.png

Some of you my remember her, she's Emma, Kevin's mother and Laurence' wife. I wanted to change her for a long time, but several attempts failed. She either seemed too young, or was messed up... I originally made her already one month ago, but I didn't want to show her back then, because the shading was/is just... messed up. I asked Astra for help, but since he has much to do, he couldn't help me yet, and so I thought I might as well present you the unfixed version finally.

The last sprite for today really gave me headache. As you can see at the top of the page (or probably, the last page, if this post were to jump pages), I already tried to remake Exion at the end of the last year, but I failed miserably. But then, today, I finally got THE idea how to do it. A short reminiscence, since he was one of my first characters ever:

Very first version: exionoga6.png ----> Second version: exionseri.png ----> failed third version: exion-remake0.44qr1.png ----> final version: exion_new8d34.png/final version with manakete ears: exion_newmamkuteearseetg.png

The very first verion... I believe he was my fifth character to be ever sprited (I think it was Michael->Siegfried->Aaron->Kevin->Exion). I hope that you like the new Exion, even if some should be disappointed that his upper body isn't completely naked anymore.