Dystonia cheerleader

Phoenix Wright

Sorry for the double post but this topic is dead anyway :awesome:

I heard earlier today that some of the swine flu vaccines are being recalled...

What's this about?

_____ :) _____<---This is where I'd normally poke fun at vaccines and other F.D.A. approved things that get recalled after only a few months, and then say something along the lines of "See, I told you so!", but I'd actually like to know what's really going on rather than just assume that the vaccines are seriously messing people up and hop on a pedestal.

None of my topics die, foo!

I don't know why they recalled vaccines...

Well this topic's in cardiac arrest.

It's not that big a deal though. It's not the first time(or even the ten thousanth time) the F.D.A. has publicly recalled a product. I just find it interesting that it happened before this topic fell to the dreaded second page.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't afford to get vaccinated, I can't afford insurance. :awesome:

"Livin in Americaaaa"

I have the twenty bucks to get vaccinated... but why bother? I'd rather buy movie tickets to see Avatar again personally.

Basic vaccines are provided at government-run health officers for "free." The swine flu shot costs 15bux.

I've heard nothing about vaccine recalls, but I assume that if they were done it was because the vaccines in question were improperly manufactured or stored in some manner that rendered them impotent or detrimental.

Edited by Der Kommissar

Basic vaccines are provided at government-run health officers for "free." The swine flu shot costs 15bux.

I've heard nothing about vaccine recalls, but I assume that if they were done it was because the vaccines in question were improperly manufactured or stored in some manner that rendered them impotent or detrimental.

I guess the recalls were just in Nevada? Hmm, oh well, not like I care. I haven't had the flu in years anyway.

I live nowhere near one and can't legally drive because I can't afford insurance. :awesome:

Have your minions of darkness take you there, and then have them spot you fifteen bucks... or go to the movies, either or...

• 1 month later...

Silly girl. If it was really a grave neurological disorder, it would take much more than a few months to recover.

If the vaccine had somehow caused a disorder in the Central Nervous System (Brain, Cerebellum, Spinal Cord), she would not have recovered AT ALL, since axonal regeneration in the CNS is currently unheard of. If it was a problem with the Peripheral Nervous System (anything with nerves that's not the CNS), some stupid injections would have changed crap.

If the vaccine had somehow caused a problem with neurotransmitters, that girl would be dead. The neurotransmitter used to transmit to all muscles is Acetylcholine. And since the heart is a muscle, her heatbeat would have sounded like a Death Metal song's percussions (i.e. she'd NOT be walking). Besides, injecting amino acids would have done shit, since if there was a problem with neurotransmitter synthesis, A. her body wouldn't be able to synthesize more transmitters anyways even if you give them more building material, B. if the vaccine raped the neurotransmitter proteins inside neurons, she wouldn't have been able to walk at all and C. if you directly injected neurotransmitters in the body, the result would be like staring at anti-aircraft searchlight at close distances, i.e. sensory overload. Either way, this is ridiculous.

If the vaccine had somehow caused a problem with neurotransmitters, that girl would be dead. The neurotransmitter used to transmit to all muscles is Acetylcholine. And since the heart is a muscle, her heatbeat would have sounded like a Death Metal song's percussions (i.e. she'd NOT be walking). Besides, injecting amino acids would have done shit, since if there was a problem with neurotransmitter synthesis, A. her body wouldn't be able to synthesize more transmitters anyways even if you give them more building material, B. if the vaccine raped the neurotransmitter proteins inside neurons, she wouldn't have been able to walk at all and C. if you directly injected neurotransmitters in the body, the result would be like staring at anti-aircraft searchlight at close distances, i.e. sensory overload. Either way, this is ridiculous.

Differentiate between skeletal muscle (which is what dystonia affects) and cardiac muscle; they are controlled by different aspects of the nervous system. This is why people can be paralyzed from the neck down but still have functioning hearts. Other than that, you're right. Either way, it is a tip-off that her symptoms were extremely dramatic and yet did not seem to have coinciding symptoms, such as heavy muscle cramps and pain that would keep her from even attempting her spasm walk.

• 2 weeks later...