Epic Wins, Epic Fails

Rewjeo

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with using corrode. I just don't understand how so many people screw up with it in chapters where you fight your other team or when fighting an enemy that drops things.

I just find it a waste of a skill to put on someone when there are better skills you can put on your killface units.

What's wrong with corrosion? Vantage makes it work very well during enemy phases.

I prefer Vantage+Disarm or Vantage+Cancel

I just find it a waste of a skill to put on someone when there are better skills you can put on your killface units.

I prefer Vantage+Disarm or Vantage+Cancel

Corrosion is a form of Disarm, ya know...

Really? It forces the enemy to unequip? Now that, I didn't know. I'll be sure to remember that next time.

No, it doesn't unequip em, but if you corrode their weapon entirely (Not hard to do seeing how high level your characters are) they physically won't have a weapon to equip anymore.

I honestly wish they did more with Corrosion.

I honestly wish they did more with Corrosion.

Pardon, but what more could have been done with Corrosion exactly? I'm failing to follow here.

Pardon, but what more could have been done with Corrosion exactly? I'm failing to follow here.

IDK, make it a bit more relevant. Make it appear earlier, make it lower DEF slightly upon contact (Like corroding armor, IDK), maybe poison if they wanted to make a stretch.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is it shoulda been called Weapon Break or something, as corrosion by definition isn't just meant for weapons...

Edited by SlaveBlade

And Celerity should have been called "+2 move," because there are many ways that one can be swift.

It doesn't matter if the names aren't immediately obvious. It's in good taste to name stuff in a way that sounds pleasing to the ear. If you wanted everything in the game to be painfully obvious, then you might as well change the name of all the weapons so that they are named exactly what they do.

Epic Wins:

From my current playthrough, Leonardo dodging a hit that would've killed him when there was a better than 80% chance of it hitting him (it was bad placement on my part :P). I'm sure there are others, I just can't remember them right now.

Epic Fails:

My biggest epic fail for any Fire Emblem game, and I've play FE7-11, comes from my first play through of RD.

Since I didn't play POR before RD, I didn't realize that rogue was Sothe's second class as opposed to his first class and so I thought to myself "I bet he'll be awesome when he class changes if he's doing this great great at such a low level", and so I gave him Paragon and didn't realize that he couldn't class change until he got to level 20 during the course of part one and I started thinking to myself "Why is he taking him forever to class change?" and that was when I took a closer look at his XP and realized what an incredibly stupid thing I'd done. I probably wasted bonus XP on him too. I think Micaiah was the only other unit to get to 20 by the end of part one that time around. The part 3 missions with the DB peeps were a complete nightmare (especially the one where you roll the rocks down the mountain) and this was on easy mode. The sad thing is, this wasn't my first Fire Emblem game and I don't recall making that mistake with the early joining paladins or similar units in the other games.

And Celerity should have been called "+2 move," because there are many ways that one can be swift.

It doesn't matter if the names aren't immediately obvious. It's in good taste to name stuff in a way that sounds pleasing to the ear. If you wanted everything in the game to be painfully obvious, then you might as well change the name of all the weapons so that they are named exactly what they do.

Someone's thinking I have a beef with everything in the game... *sigh* Well, I'm sorry I have an imagination, Captain Doesn't-Tolerate-An-Imagination. I'm sorry I went onto your personal internet and befouled your personal space on your personal forum. Excuse me for wanting more from a skill with an awesome name like Corrosion. I'll just show my way out of your house now...

Edited by SlaveBlade

Here's an epic fail:

Sothe not being able to get Beastfoe from it's tile for 4 turns in a row.

I think at base level on worst bio he still has a 60% chance each turn. .44=.0256 which means around 97.44% chance of getting it, minimum. Obviously assuming he's not on worst each turn means that the probability of getting it in 4 turns just goes up, so yeah I think I'll have to agree that you had really bad luck there.

I think at base level on worst bio he still has a 60% chance each turn. .44=.0256 which means around 97.44% chance of getting it, minimum. Obviously assuming he's not on worst each turn means that the probability of getting it in 4 turns just goes up, so yeah I think I'll have to agree that you had really bad luck there.

He did have bad for those 3 turns if I remember, so he had a 71%(He leveled and gained a skill point beforehand) chance of getting Beastfoe but it's still pretty bad that he missed 3 times in a row. 4th turn it went to normal, giving him an 81% chance, he got it on the 4th turn. I probably should've said 3 turns in a row but I still wasted 4 turns nonetheless.

Edited by Joey

Epic Fail: Wanting to post on the Serenes Forest Forums and having to wait for 3 days till it's back up. And when it's back you forgot all about what yuo wanted to say in the first place.

Epic Wins:

Micaiah caps ALL stats

Titania caps ALL stats

Eddie dodged a lethal blow that had 70% hit

Marcia dodged a xbow shot with 80-85% hit

Epic Fails:

Mage with 1% critical chance kills ike with a crit in 4-1

I tried using Astrid

Epic wins: Mordecai capped everything except Res

Epic Phails: I tried making Vika useful(is there any need for explanation after this?), i made her attack a fighter. Doing about 8 damage a hit out of 40 HP I attack with her, and with a 48 hit+ a 1 percent crit for the enemy.

*Critical*

Me:FFFFFFFFFF

this is about my current normal PT with transfers

upcoming fails:

I'm only going to use makalov (HP, str, spd and S swords transfers) and Astrid (forgot transfers, I think only spd, skl and S bow) in 2-2 (?)

doing the RD chapters with only Micky, Sothe, Nolan and Ilyana(mag, skl, spd, S thunder), meaning the part 3 chapters will only be 3 characters fighting.

going to try using Rhys (skl, mag, res, S staves)

upcoming wins:

Ike (str, skl, spd, S swords)+ Soren (mag, skl, spd, res, S wind, B thunder, D fire) + A support

also using Nephenee (str, spd, skl, (I think) def, S lances) and Calill (callil; skl, S fire, C wind, D thunder. Largo; HP, str, skl, (I think) spd)

Epic Fail

Astrid has 23 bleeding SPD at LV 12 Silver Knight on 4-E-5. Never remind me to use her AGAIN. That b****.

Ike dies from Generic 4-4 Halberdier's Short Spear 1% Critical 3 turns after getting a perfect level-up. :angry: (Punishment for Blossom abuse, Ike was soloing said chapter)

Fiona gets a +7 on 3-13 at LV 3 Lance Pal. :mellow:

Epic Win

Eddie gets a +7 in my recent PT.

Pelleas has a perfect level up on the same playthrough Ike got PWNT.(And it was 4-5 mind you)

ARAN HAS 21 SPEED AT LV 3 HALBERDIER. Fine, its technically 19. But you know what that means? 3-6 Silver Lance+Beastfoe=PWN.

I was just thinking back at this out of nothing today;

epic win/fail (depends on how you look at it):

I was playing chapter 4-4 on NM with Heather, Soren and Ike only.

Heather took the right part(with the chests), Soren took the right and Ike pwned the middle path going up.

now guess who failed...Ike! He got hit by that annoying sleep staff, luckily only the mages could hurt him...a bit.

so Ike takes barely any damage in those turns, but has no way to get away from that amount of enemies. Ike's turn, Eathers against 1 enemy, and gets staffed back to sleep.

luckily the third one missed, I wouldn't have survived it if he'd hit. Ike would've though~

new EPIC fail/win:

Heather being attacked by Nailah in 3-endgame, surviving and countering with Bane. too bad it was in my last turn, so I couldn't finish her off <_<

Edited by whase

New failure: Marcia had a 7-stat level up in 2-E. Then she died from a random Crossbow Warrior because a stupid generic Axe General was blocking the chokepoint, thus Haar couldn't block it. Stupid allies. The Axe General got crit'd by an Elthunder Sage, paving the way for the Warrior to kill Marcia.

New failure #2: I had to have Mordy trade away all of Neph's items because I accidentally put Elincia behind the sandbags, and there was a Crossbow Warrior there, not to mention that Neph was going to kill some random LV 18 Soldier with her Killer Lance of doom.

New failure #3: Astrid is LV 14 Bow Paladin when I cleared 2-E. :facepalm:

New failure #4: I FORGOT TO KEEP THE HAMMER IN 2-3 WHEN I BOUGHT IT AND INSTEAD GAVE IT TO GOD-DAMNED KIERAN, SO I HAD TO WASTE ONE GOD-DAMNED TURN ON 2-E TO PASS THE HAMMER TO HAAR(who was on the other side of the level) SO THAT HE CAN KILL LUDVECK.

(Did I mention that Kieran with the Hammer had 33 Hit on Ludveck?)

epic fail: until my last turn, Pelleas, in his joining chapter, didn't get hit even once and leveled to somewhere near promotion. then he got hit for the first time and was crit-killed. this was on my roam-only PT, so there are no restarts allowed. only mage I have left now is Soren, whom I BEXP abused to ensure at least having 1 healer in every team for part 4 (Micky for 1, Soren for 2, Elincia for 3).

epic fail: until my last turn, Pelleas, in his joining chapter, didn't get hit even once and leveled to somewhere near promotion. then he got hit for the first time and was crit-killed. this was on my roam-only PT, so there are no restarts allowed. only mage I have left now is Soren, whom I BEXP abused to ensure at least having 1 healer in every team for part 4 (Micky for 1, Soren for 2, Elincia for 3).

What exactly is a roam-only playthrough?

What exactly is a roam-only playthrough?

you basically have to move your units like the computer would move them. only your main character of the chapter can use strategy and units that may not die as goal can have exceptions in certain conditions. yellow team should stay on roam. no restarts (except for game overs) allowed

I have made a topic on it, but nobody except me ever posts there lately.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19227

Edited by whase