Is it possible to promote both Lords in this game?

Don't listen to Iron Patriot, don't be a knucklehead, train both Ephraim AND Eirika and get them to a nice level (At least 5, I guess), because they will be needed end game, and later you'll have to need them to defeat the last boss because they start closer.

Erika and Ephraim aren't needed to beat the final boss, they are forced though. Anyone with a house weapon can take him down easily.

Don't listen to Iron Patriot, don't be a knucklehead, train both Ephraim AND Eirika and get them to a nice level (At least 5, I guess), because they will be needed end game, and later you'll have to need them to defeat the last boss because they start closer.

Are you that half-witted? Do you have any idea how super easy this game is? Basically, almost any good characters are capable of beating the whole game without the lords. You can easily abuse you characters through skirmish, towers, and ruins. <_<

Are you that half-witted? Do you have any idea how super easy this game is? Basically, almost any good characters are capable of beating the whole game without the lords. You can easily abuse you characters through skirmish, towers, and ruins. <_<

Since when were the lords required to defeat the final boss? This is FE8, not FE10, where Ephraim Ike has to deal the final blow on

Ashera

. I just need 2 promoted units with Sacred Twins.

Edited by Jade Curtiss

After C16 (Orson's chapter) you'll be asked if you want to promote Eirika and Ephraim. If you accept, they'll promote. If you refuse, they'll stay unpromoted, but you'll have their promotional item in your inventory. IT happens 1 at a time, btw.

It's not that they are necesary to defeat the boss, but you're not going to wait til' enemy phase so that the other monsters come and block your way to the boss, I am saying it is easier to just train Eirika & Ephraim since they are the units that start the closest to the boss (I mean the second boss of the last chapter, not the first). And this game sure is easy, but you guys were understimating the fact that many enemy units in the last chapter are harder.

It's not that they are necesary to defeat the boss, but you're not going to wait til' enemy phase so that the other monsters come and block your way to the boss, I am saying it is easier to just train Eirika & Ephraim since they are the units that start the closest to the boss (I mean the second boss of the last chapter, not the first.) And this game sure is easy, but you guys were understimating the fact that many enemy units in the last chapter are harder.

@ Bolded 1: Those monsters are piss-easy to kill. Maelduin? Lol. Gorgon? Lol. Wight? olol. Cyclops? Sacred Twin the fat-ass. Elder Bael? Sacred Twin the d00d. Arch Mogall? Physical Weapon. Gwyglli? Bishops kill it. Draco Zombie? Lucky you. You'd only be doomed if 3 Dracos spawned in front of your face, and that's horrendously unlikely. Also, any 2 units with Sacred Twins will kill Formortiis, unless they really suck in stats.

@ Bolded 2: A unit just has to move towards Formortiis on the first turn, and on the second turn they can attack Formortiis.

@ Bolded 3: See response to Bolded 1.

It's not that they are necesary to defeat the boss, but you're not going to wait til' enemy phase so that the other monsters come and block your way to the boss, I am saying it is easier to just train Eirika & Ephraim since they are the units that start the closest to the boss (I mean the second boss of the last chapter, not the first). And this game sure is easy, but you guys were understimating the fact that many enemy units in the last chapter are harder.

I can beat this chapter with completely unpromoted units, with my Lords hidden in a corner. I don't feel like doing it because it's hard as hell, but it's possible.

EDIT: I know it's possible because I had to do it in my <20 stat run.

Edited by Fang

I am reffering to monsters like Gwyglli & Draco Zombies, you can't beat them with unpromoted units when they have huge ammount of HP and when your strongest unpromoted units are doing less than 28 of damage, and not even if your Ross could double with a killer axe he would be able to kill them.

And Gwyglli are actually qwuite fast and have nice HP.

I am reffering to monsters like Gwyglli & Draco Zombies, you can't beat them with unpromoted units when they have huge ammount of HP and when your strongest unpromoted units are doing less than 28 of damage, and not even if your Ross could double with a killer axe he would be able to kill them.

And Gwyglli are actually qwuite fast and have nice HP.

One question. Since when was this thread about unpromoted units only run? Fang mentioned that it's possible (what'd ya expect from a game as easy as FE8?) but he admitted that it's quite difficult. Regardless, this thread was about whether it's worth promoting Ephraim and/or Eirika. Although you have nothing to lose in promoting them, it is certainly not absolutely required that you do so. Other units can handle the final chapter/boss with no problem. You have 8 other Sacred weapons and that's more than enough.

And of course, there's Bishops like Artur and Natasha that can deal a lot more damage WITHOUT even using any of the Sacred tomes. In fact, it's actually BETTER if they stick to other tomes. Yup, this game is clearly too easy for Lord promotion to be necessary.

You are forgeting that the sacred weapons can only be used if a unit has an S rank in that weapon, meaning only promoted units can. Sure, yo're right, it isn't necesary to promote, you could use weapons that are effective against the Draco Zombies.

And you shouldn't be including bishops when Fang was mentioning unpromoted units.

You are forgeting that the sacred weapons can only be used if a unit has an S rank in that weapon, meaning only promoted units can. Sure, yo're right, it isn't necesary to promote, you could use weapons that are effective against the Draco Zombies.

And you shouldn't be including bishops when Fang was mentioning unpromoted units.

You completely misunderstood Fang's post. He wasn't saying that this game could easily be done with unpromoted units. Read his post again. He admitted that it's really hard to do that. What he was trying to say is that this game is SO easy that it is actually possible (Possible ≠ Easy) to do it with unpromoted units. But this is enough to prove that the game itself (without any promotion restrictions) is very easy and even if you don't promote any of your Lords, it's still gonna be easy to beat.

You completely misunderstood Fang's post. He wasn't saying that this game could easily be done with unpromoted units. Read his post again. He admitted that it's really hard to do that. What he was trying to say is that this game is SO easy that it is actually possible (Possible ≠ Easy) to do it with unpromoted units. But this is enough to prove that the game itself (without any promotion restrictions) is very easy and even if you don't promote any of your Lords, it's still gonna be easy to beat.

This.

At any rate, it's a good thing to promote the lords, and by all means do so if you like, but you don't have to.

Edited by Fang

This.

At any rate, it's a good thing to promote the lords, and by all means do so if you like, but you don't have to.

If you Somehow got to an event and got the bright weapons, those might work as well as The s level weapons. But no one has those. >.>

This.

If you Somehow got to an event and got the bright weapons, those might work as well as The s level weapons. But no one has those. >.>

Last time I checked, Bright weapons are unattainable without hacks/cheats.

This.

What exactly are you trying to say?