I dunno if it fits...

Sevensins

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got files like BANNER.bin and FE10_US.dat?

I'm currently working on editing them. It's the first time I've worked on memory hacking, so you'll have to bear with me. I'm assuming there might be others who have successfully cracked it, but I might have an edge over them. Maybe.

Gotten around to getting more places in the compressed data to find growths, i.e., where they are. Danved is before Edward in the data, which leads me to believe that the compression shifts a lot over itself >_>

Yes. You'll need the iso(can't provide sorry), and a modded wii >_>

Edited by Sevensins

I got a chance to use the save game extractor.

But is it possible to hack with the unenccrypted save.

What does the FE10Data.cms do anyway?

As far as I see, FE10data.cms holds the character and item data. Growths and bases, that kind of thing.

There's class data as well, which is handy if you want broken caps ^^;;;

when I was messing with the ROMs for the GBA FEs, I also figured out how to change how much something sells for per use XD;

Back then, there was NOTHING on it, at all. Twilkitri's pages didn't even have data on that. It was just listed as "??"

That said, this is harder. I can't test for what things are without burning a DVD @_x I haven't a clue what a pointer would be in this wall of text because It's still compressed, but we cant' compress it once we've edited an uncompressed file, so I have to deal with it :/

But how do you hack with it(through a game save if possible)?

Well, FE10Data.cms is completely seperate from save files. One is Read Only Memory and one is re-writable memory (I think anyway).

As for how to hack things in either file, you just need some good guesswork.

Oh, and I just got started on editing character stats. It only works for the FE10_XX.dat file though:

For anyone interested in modifying stats, all you need to do is to search for the differences between the character's bases and the character's current stats. Eg. for Israel011's Micaiah you'd need to search for 02 00 02 01 02 03 00 03.

15 02 07 08 07 10 02 04 Micaiah's bases

17 02 09 09 09 13 02 07 Micaiah's current stats

02 00 02 01 02 03 00 03 Difference

Then just change the string as you see fit.

when I was messing with the ROMs for the GBA FEs, I also figured out how to change how much something sells for per use XD;

Back then, there was NOTHING on it, at all. Twilkitri's pages didn't even have data on that. It was just listed as "??"

That said, this is harder. I can't test for what things are without burning a DVD @_x I haven't a clue what a pointer would be in this wall of text because It's still compressed, but we cant' compress it once we've edited an uncompressed file, so I have to deal with it :/

Yeah, looking for compressed pointers is troublesome. I could do it for some FE9 pointers, but I haven't looked at FE10 yet to see how difficult it is (since I don't have the tools to run the modified disk image, it's kind of pointless for me).

Well, FE10Data.cms is completely seperate from save files. One is Read Only Memory and one is re-writable memory (I think anyway).

As for how to hack things in either file, you just need some good guesswork.

Oh, and I just got started on editing character stats. It only works for the FE10_XX.dat file though:

Then just change the string as you see fit.

Yeah, looking for compressed pointers is troublesome. I could do it for some FE9 pointers, but I haven't looked at FE10 yet to see how difficult it is (since I don't have the tools to run the modified disk image, it's kind of pointless for me).

Sicne I DO have the tools to run said disk image, you could perhaps send me the files you edit...I'll place them in the iso, burn it, and test it o:

Haha, yes, that's right. I'd definitely take you up on your offer, although I might end up burning more disks than you... j/k.

Anyway, I haven't physically modified any files as of yet, since I've been solely recording data. I'll give you a shout if I need something testing (I'm sure to have a couple) ^^

Haha, yes, that's right. I'd definitely take you up on your offer, although I might end up burning more disks than you... j/k.

Anyway, I haven't physically modified any files as of yet, since I've been solely recording data. I'll give you a shout if I need something testing (I'm sure to have a couple) ^^

Alright, then. I'll be waiting.

Alright : D

On a slightly-related note, Sevensins, do you know anybody who's successfully hacked the FE10 saves? I thought I had it nailed, but it seems the game thinks the hacked saves are corrupted or something and doesn't want to recognise them.

I'm assuming it's a problem with checksums or something, but I'm not really sure.

Alright : D

On a slightly-related note, Sevensins, do you know anybody who's successfully hacked the FE10 saves? I thought I had it nailed, but it seems the game thinks the hacked saves are corrupted or something and doesn't want to recognise them.

I'm assuming it's a problem with checksums or something, but I'm not really sure.

I'm sorry, but I'm the only one I know who is actually messing with FE10 things, other than playing the game :/

Where is this FE10_xx.dat file? I see nothing of the sort @_x

Edited by Sevensins

It's actually FE10_JP.dat or FE10_US.dat (and I'm assumign FE10_EU.dat). It only appears if you're using the Savegame Extractor + Installer, which I think Celice posted or mentioned a while back.

It's actually FE10_JP.dat or FE10_US.dat (and I'm assumign FE10_EU.dat). It only appears if you're using the Savegame Extractor + Installer, which I think Celice posted or mentioned a while back.

I gathered that a little bit later, but for some reason, I'm missing some part that allows it to be used with the homebrew channel >______>

You dont need the HomeBrew Channel you could use Twilight Princess

and the Twilight Hack.

It turns out I was forgetting the most important thing: Renaming the parts boot.elf/dol XD;;

I don't want to have to do that for everything I do, so I used the twilight 'hack' for to install the HBC.

Hey, Vince, have you successfully edited a save game for stats? Every time I do so, that part of the data gets erased >__>;

It's like it's supplanting the data, but not in the data.bin format it needs to be, to be found :/

Edited by Sevensins

Nope, that's why I asked you if you knew someone who had :S

From what I know, Wii saves have one or more checksums built in. Hence why modified saves don't appear.

Well...that...that sucks >_> What can we do to get around that? I haven't a clue.

The only idea I have, which is a very basic guess, would be to raise one value and drop another by the same value. Maybe that won't infuriate the checksum calculator? : o