The Distribution of BEXP

So yeah; who do you believe the BEXP in Path of Radiance should go to, throughout the game?

I have no doubt that Mia should get some Chapter 8 BEXP, along with possibly Soren, Boyd and Oscar getting a level or so with it as well. In Chapter 9, I occasionally give Ilyana a level or two, but still keep up the vigorous pace of levelling anyone who needs it to ensure they hit 20/1 as soon as possible. But I'm hardly interesting in that manner, I guess ^^;

So, does anyone else have anything to say about how BEXP is distributed in this game~?

Rolf, Astrid, Elincia need some BEXP when I actually use them. I also find Kieran and Nephenee to have rather weak entrances, so they also tend to get some (especially since I use both rather frequently, especially kieran).

Also, Ike usually gets a few levels of BEXP in the level before he fights the BK, because I never have him at 20 by that point

EDIT: I actually don't think I've ever used Elincia over Mist in this game. There aren't any chapters Elincia is available in where flying really helps, and while arm scrolls aren't in really high demand, I don't like forking over several to get Eli magic swords when mist can do it w/ only one.

Edited by SeverIan

I use them on whoever I'm using that needs to catch up, basically.

Healers (Rhys, Mist) pretty much need them to promote since it's much harder to rely on Heal Abuse in PoR compared to other FEs.

Edited by Bedsheet Ghost

I save all of my BEXP until before the final level starts (then again, I'm playing on easy so I don't need to use it until then).

I'm pretty sure you've claimed that you thought FE10HM was easier then FE9EM, though. :/

Also; I normally BEXP Sothe to Level 20, too. I hate using him, since he's pretty crappy.

I'm pretty sure you've claimed that you thought FE10EM was easier then FE9EM, though. :/

I can breeze through FE10's EM without much in the way of hardship. However, there are certain chapters in FE9 that I have difficulty with, even on easy (Chapters 8 and 25 immediately spring to mind).

What I usually like to do is get them to at least enough EXP as enough to almost lvl up, there you could give them that little BEPX, I don't rely much on it do to the weapon ranks, depending on the weapons, you should know what's good for your character, like Mia, level her once or twice in her starting chapter, then at the base level her once more and make sure you forge her a steel sword so she gets helped with that weapon rank.

I agree with soul.

I find myself gong through and trying to max as many stats as possible which requires some BEXP abuse. I keep Ike underleveled during his first few chapters because once you can start using BEXP I plan on giving him a level up after each map. I try and have as many units hover around 85+ once a map is cleared to make the most out of their level ups.

If I don't see the vital stats go up then its time to reset . . . especially if I'm interested in Sothe . . . he basically needs to stay on track to cap everything ( except for Magic & Luck ) during the level up process . . .

Personally i'll give it to Nephenee when she needs it, even though she starts out at level 10 i believe it was, use her for most of chapter 11, set her aside for 12, then use her for the rest of the game, best lance user besides oscar IMO, Oscar needs none, he's that good even on normal, but mostly saving the BEXP for Rolf, Mist and Soren when i need a quick level, even though soren becomes beastly after he class changes.

I also find Kieran and Nephenee to have rather weak entrances

Lol?

Anyway, I give most of my bexp to my primary fighters (aka Oscar and Boyd in chapter 8, Neph/Kieran in chapter 11, Mak/Astrid in Chapter 15) so that I can have as many ORKO'ing machines as possible. Aside from those 3 points, I normally just use bexp to level out character levels a bit (as in, I give it to my lower levelled combat units).

I rarely care for my healers, who just physic away, so I don't bexp them much.

I also find Kieran and Nephenee to have rather weak entrances

Lol?

Anyway, I give most of my bexp to my primary fighters (aka Oscar and Boyd in chapter 8, Neph/Kieran in chapter 11, Mak/Astrid in Chapter 15) so that I can have as many ORKO'ing machines as possible. Aside from those 3 points, I normally just use bexp to level out character levels a bit (as in, I give it to my lower levelled combat units).

I rarely care for my healers, who just physic away, so I don't bexp them much.

If i remember correctly doesn't astrid gain like a level per kill she grows like super fast for some odd reason it's always happened to me, also thanks for clarifying neph starts at lvl 7 there dark legend.

If i remember correctly doesn't astrid gain like a level per kill she grows like super fast for some odd reason it's always happened to me,

It's due to the Paragon skill that she has.

Edited by NinjaMonkey