A question...

NinjaMonkey

Sain, Kent (I prefer Sain, though it's up to you), Dorcas (earlygame only, though if for some reason he's hitting stuff like mine, you might want to keep him. Hp wall ftw), Florina, Erk, Serra and Nils. Lucius is good if he can be protected, Lyn can do shit like kill a cav once every 2 turns with Mani Katti or something :/ Wil, Wallace and Rath can suck it.

Poor Will :( I used him on my first PT he's not that bad. It seems I like a lot of the under appreciated archers.

oh, wait no I don't it's just those 2 I hate the others.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sain, Kent (I prefer Sain, though it's up to you), Dorcas (earlygame only, though if for some reason he's hitting stuff like mine, you might want to keep him. Hp wall ftw), Florina, Erk, Serra and Nils. Lucius is good if he can be protected, Lyn can do shit like kill a cav once every 2 turns with Mani Katti or something :/ Wil, Wallace and Rath can suck it.

Poor Will :( I used him on my first PT he's not that bad. It seems I like a lot of the under appreciated archers.

oh, wait no I don't it's just those 2 I hate the others.

I know how you feel. I thought he was a cool guy and I used him. I thought that promoting at level 10 would be a good idea... The snub was tying with Oswin in overall damage, but that was because Oswin wasn't doubling.

You can have your 10th best fighter or have one of your top 5 go again. This normally turns out to be better given what it allows you to do. It's why Dancers are rated so high in the first place.

I'm still not convinced, but thanks anyway.

You should use the dancers they don't get doubled and one rounded like the Herons, they also have a good dodge rate (unless if you deploy them so late) because the enemies have poor stats in this game.

Enemies have poor stats in every other FE game after this one.

Just as a guide, what level should those units that I plan to use in Hector's story be, at the end of Lyn's story?

Currently I'm on chapter 9 and the people I intend to use are around level 5-7 (except Serra who is level 3).

Level 7-9 is fine, if this is your first run you are forced to finish Eliwood's story before you can do Hector's mode. If you are going to do Hector's mode after and doing all the sidequests than Nils will have to be at level 7 before finishing Lyn's mode.

Rath can suck it.

:| Rath is very useful. Again it requires patience but he levels quickly when get him back anyway. I find it hilarious people have the patience to level Ninils up to like level 20 or something but dont care to level up a unit like Rath. To answer the OP question:

FLORINA

Sain and/or Kent. That one really is up to you.

Lucius. Hes pretty decent.

Erk. If you want a sage, go for it. Hes not as sturdy as Pent but hes not terribad.

Serra. ONLY if you can put up with a less mobile healer and really really want another Bishop. Her magic growth suuuuuuuuuckkkkssss....

Dorcas can be pretty good but hes kinda slow. Hes a really good power hitter though. Dorcas + Killer Axe = things die.

Wil maybe. Depends.

Edited by Lil Cthulhu

Rath can suck it.

:| Rath is very useful. Again it requires patience but he levels quickly when get him back anyway. I find it hilarious people have the patience to level Ninils up to like level 20 or something but dont care to level up a unit like Rath.

Ninils is a Dancer though, which is very different to using a mediocre unit. Also, levelling Ninils is very different to levelling Rath. Probably harder, but Ninils aren't competing for kills. I don't think the situations are very comparable, seeing as it isn't just an issue of patience, it's an issue of limited slots / resources / EXP.

Rath also loses Con after Lyn's story.

I'd rather use Rebecca > Wil, and I doubt I'd be fielding both (well, either, but it's a hypothetical), but this thread does pertain to LM.

Edited by Priscilla

Dorcas (earlygame only, though if for some reason he's hitting stuff like mine, you might want to keep him. Hp wall ftw).

But he IS hitting stuff nicely, his skill is decent. :newyears:

Barf-tre is the one that has a little more difficulty hitting at first, at least Dork-ass with a little but of skill can hit sword users nicely.

Right, right. At least Erk doubles his base Def & growth.

But in attack & AS I would say Lucius has a superior lead, he starts with 10 AS at lvl 3, he onerounds most things in the chapter he starts and afterwards, but, Anima is a bit...hyped, it doesn't make Erk any better to have +1 Mt with an average Fire tome, that's 10 Atk vs. Lucius' 11 Atk but the fact he doubles pretty early.

And let's not forget that even though Erk will have a Thunder usable, it still isn't as good when Lucius has a great Mag growth til' even surpassing Erk's Atk with a normal light tome.

Edited by Soul

Other than Lyn, I'd say Sain, Kent, Florina (much to my dislike, I do admit she's useful), and Lucius. Dorcas, Erk, and Serra are what I'd call filler units, so if you want to fill in some spots, yadda yadda yadda. Serra is guaranteed a spot until Priscilla joins however, so yeah. Wil, Wallace, and Rath aren't worth using at all. In Wallace's and Rath's cases, by the time either of them join, they'll be obsolete as they'll be surpassed by your other characters, and their most useful support options will all most likely be filled, not to mention that those same support options most likely won't want them. (But at least you have the option to ditch Wallace in favor of Geitz.) In Wil's case, he kinda stinks, and that's beside the fact that Rebecca is better than him.

Yeah, you get the two first at Chapter 16.

And Sain is usually better than Kent, his Atk is higher and his Spd is only -2. They're equal in durability, Kent bares a higher Def & Res growth (+5%) but Knt has a -1 Def base than Sain.

Yeah, FE7 newbies tend to use Kent more often due to the tutorial making Sain miss twice on purpose, it is a fact.

Or, if you don't want to look at the list of promotion items on the main site...

------------------------------

Knight's Crest: (Armor) Knights and Cavaliers promote by using this.

Hero's Crest: This is what you use to promote Fighters, Myrmidons, and Mercenaries.

Orion's Bolt: Use this to promote Archers and Nomads.

Elysian Whip: Pegasus Knights and Dracoknights promote by using this.

Guiding Ring: This is used for promotion by your magic classes, a.k.a. Clerics, Mages, Shamans (a.k.a. Dark Mages), Monks, and Troubadours.

Earth Seal: Anyone who uses the items listed above to promote can also use this to promote.

Heaven Seal: Any lord that isn't your main lord. (Lyn promotes via Heaven Seal in both stories, Hector promotes via Heaven Seal in Eliwood's story, and Eliwood promotes via Heaven Seal in Hector's story.)

Ocean Seal: Pirates use this to promote.

Fell Contract: Thieves use this to promote, but they lose their ability to steal items if they do so.

Edited by LittleAl