Banner request

VincentASM

Been leaving this on the side for a while, but I suppose I should get something done.

I'm looking for somebody who's adept at graphics to make a banner for the Magical Purple skin.

• The image should be 800 x 150 pixels in size (same size as the current Serenes Forest banner).
  • You can use any character image(s), but I'd prefer them to be FE4/5 characters. Some of my own ideas are Diadora, Sara, Tinny
  • The banner doesn't necessarily have to match exactly with the colours in the skin (since the skin hasn't been finalised).
  • The decision as to which banner to use will probably fall on the forum staff

Please post here if interested ^^

Edited by VincentASM

I'll take a stab at it, even though there are probably a dozen people here who can make something better than I could.

I'm glad to see Magic Purple returning. It'll be nice for those of us who think the Serenes Forest theme is gay to have an option outside of IP Board and IP Board Lo-Fi.

Edited by Hero

Uhm... Not bad but you could move the picture of Diadora down a little.

Doing that would make the image look weird, because you wouldn't see her hands/upper torso.

Basically, there's a reason why a portion of her head is cut off.

Maybe make her image smaller? Maybe not too small, but a bit smaller? I at least know that I can do that in photobucket or zoom out in paint and use the print screen button, then repaste it in paint and get rid of what I don't need.

As for me I have no thingy that could make any image good enough to compare to everyone else's, so I'm not doing it. =D

No. He is right. If we resize her picture, it would be to small. If we keep her full size, we have to cut her head off. :mellow:

Have anyone try Tinny and Sara yet? Darn, I'd love to make one but my knowledge about computers sucks.

Edited by Amelia

Just a reminder to people: Diadora, Tinny and Sara were suggestions. Yuria, Tiltyu and others could very likely qualify as well.

Although they could require more work as far as cleanness is concerned, etc.

Just a reminder to people: Diadora, Tinny and Sara were suggestions. Yuria, Tiltyu and others could very likely qualify as well.

So, uh, is it necessary for the banner to contain Jugdral characters? Or is it just preferred?

So, uh, is it necessary for the banner to contain Jugdral characters? Or is it just preferred?

Been leaving this on the side for a while, but I suppose I should get something done.

I'm looking for somebody who's adept at graphics to make a banner for the Magical Purple skin.

• The image should be 800 x 150 pixels in size (same size as the current Serenes Forest banner).
  • You can use any character image(s), but I'd prefer them to be FE4/5 characters. Some of my own ideas are Diadora, Sara, Tinny
  • The decision as to which banner to use will probably fall on the forum staff

Please post here if interested ^^

It's been a while since the last time I made a banner for a site, so the result is quite bad. But here a small test:

http://i48.tinypic.com/spybkg.png

Purple is btw a difficult colour to work with.

I do like the castle-background-area, though I don't like the character there as much. I don't think that this would work for Magical Purple. Maybe this could be the basic for a different skin. Something duller, perhaps?

Something I should have mentioned in the beginning - you don't need to match the colours exactly to the skin. I'd be quite happy to match the skin to the banner ^^

You might want to edit the first post with that.

Something I should have mentioned in the beginning - you don't need to match the colours exactly to the skin. I'd be quite happy to match the skin to the banner ^^

Woah, this is good news.

I'll try and make one this Saturday, since it's Christmas break. 8D

It's been a while since the last time I made a banner for a site, so the result is quite bad. But here a small test:

http://i48.tinypic.com/spybkg.png

Purple is btw a difficult colour to work with.

I do like the castle-background-area, though I don't like the character there as much. I don't think that this would work for Magical Purple. Maybe this could be the basic for a different skin. Something duller, perhaps?

Yeah, I didn't like the character that much. But making a purple banner is quite difficult, and if you want to match the colour purple in the banner, you get a real monotone site. Just some experience, a site that's too much in one colour nearly always fail.

Well, I think I'm going to work on it later, just trying, doing nothing won't help :)

Another try, this time with a requested character. It didn't work out that good, even tho the render is already better then the last one.

2lt0she.png

(It will be my last try before I go on holliday. There, I have internet, but no graphical programs. If somebody wants the .PSD file, just send a PM.)

Edited by Kazfiel