geneology of ayra playthrough log

Mousefire

I just beat fe4 a second time, so I thought I'd treat myself to a hack.

Hack details-

it's an interesting hack. quite a few good ideas. you start as a lord knight ayra. three generic looking female units(like pamela generic) are with you. one is a swordfighter, one is a mage, and one is a general(a good one at that). for the lovers system, the kids depend on the men instead of the women. also, iron weapons have 50 uses like normal, steel ones have 40, and silver ones have 30.

story-

I can't read japanese, so...

characters-

Ayra-lord knight. she has major odo blood, and the skills pursuit and meteor sword(she can use it even though she's a mounted unit). she comes with a steel sword and iron lance.

Vampa?-mage>Mage Knight. no holy blood, and has the skills critical charge and elite. comes with a thunder.

Deet'var?-sword fighter>Forrest Kight. no holy blood, has the skills pursuit and nihil. comes with a slim sword.

Maybell?-general>Baron. no holy blood, has the skills ambush and great shield. comes with an iron lance. great bases.

Briggid-Bow fighter>Sniper. minor ulir, has pursuit*, charge, continue, and bargain. comes with an iron bow.

Sylvia-priestess>High Priestess. major blagi, has pursuit. comes with heal and the valkyrie staff :awesome: .

Karin-troubadourFemale Social Knight>Paladin. mo holy blood, has pursuit, life, and solar sword. comes with an iron sword and a javelin.

Galzus-sword fighter>Forrest. minor odo, has pursuit and meteor sword. comes with an iron blade.

Ethlin-master knight. major baldo, has pursuit* and critical. comes with heal, an iron axe, and a slim sword.

Aida-fire mage>mage Fighter. minor tordo blood, has continue, critical, and ambush. comes with fire.

Daisy-Theif>Thief Fighter. no holy blood, has steal and prayer. comes with an iron sword.

Azel-mage>Mage Fighter. minor fala, has pursuit. comes with an elfire.

Fin-lance knight. minor dain, has pursuit*, continue, and prayer. comes with an iron lance.

Tiltyu-thunder mage>Mage Fighter. minor tordo, has wrath and charge. comes with tron.

Lex-axe knight>Great Knight. major neir minor lopt, has the skills nihil and ambush. had a circlet, hero axe, and silence staff

Lachesis-free knight>Master Knight. minor hezul, has pursuit and moonlight sword. comes with a steel sword and an iron cutter

Leaf-prince>Master Knight. has minor noba, charisma and moonlight sword. comes with an iron sword and heal

Trabant-bard. has minor dain, continue, dance*, and nihil. comes with a prayer sword.

Fury-princess>Uber Princess magic master. major holsety, has continue. comes with elwind.

Miranda-Arch Knight>Bow Knight. no holy blood, has wrath and pursuit. comes with a killer bow.

Levin-Peg. knight>Falcon Knight. no holy blood, has pursuit and critical. comes with a slim lance.

Alvis-Sage. Major Fala, minor tordo, has pursuit, continue*, and Holy sword* (?). comes with bolganone.

Linoan-Sage. minor naga, has prayer, pursuit, continue*, and Holy sword*(?). comes with lightning and relive.

Dew-Thief>Thief Mage(Custom class). minor naga :huh: , has steal and solar sword. comes with an iron sword.

*means it's a soldier skill.

I'll post their ratings after I use them a bit.

intended pairings-

Pairings-

LeafXMiranda

FinXKarin

AzelXVampa

LevinXFury

TrabantXLinoan

AlvisXTailto

DewXSylvia

Patch-

the patch

made by the febinary guys

Edited by mousefire

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prologue-

not too difficult, but harder than fe4's prologue. Ayra's not as strong as Sigurd, but she has meteor sword. on the second turn, briggid and sylvia arrive. Briggid can't counterattack and Sylvia can't attack at all, so I sent up ayra and the female sword fighter. on the second turn, Karin, Galzus, and Ethlin arrive. Ethlin and Galzus rip everything apart. Karin helps. Ayra saves most of the villages, while most of the other units help seize the castle. After a couple of turns, castle seized. The bridge opens up. And guess who replaces Alvis... Aideen! complete with the ichival and a strange broken A rank sword. she killed a couple of reinforcements, and eventually gave Ayra the silver sword. The rest of the enemies were easy. the final castle's boss is actually pretty tough. Ayra took him down with the meteor sword.

Seriously, Aideen!? :facepalm:

I'm playing this as well, I got to Ch.1 already, along with my assload of hacks. >.>

besides Geneologist's nightmare, this is the only fe4 hack that I've bothered to go past the prologue.

Edited by mousefire

besides Geneologist's nightmare, this is the only fe4 hack that I've bothered to go past the prologue.

Do try Inflation and Geneolagy of Neir, then. Tordo and Fala too, but more with the former seeing as the latter is incomplete and dropped (though I hear Fala's pairing system is very similar to Aira's also).

I haven't tried Aira yet because of a gargled readme, so this log will prove useful when I eventually get to it. :>

anyone know when/if this patch ends?

I got the final chapter and just quit it due to all the bs in that one part. Basically where Freege and you have to conquer it. Now it wouldn't be an issue if your units didn't suck(children of paired parents still aren't that good). Here's the part that made me quit. The army is full of Tron wielding charisma barons. Every single one of the generic enemies have charisma, meaning no amount of speed boost and charisma and leadership boost on your side will be enough the dodge.

Chapter 1-part one

The first boss of this chapter is Blume. That's right, Blume. Complete with major tordo blood and a tron tome. and yes, he's a Baron. His army has hunters, axe fighters, and thunder mages.

on the beginning of turn 2, azel and daisy appear with a large army after them. You need to rush a little. Blume has an extremely high attack rate, but low defense. He unfortunately has a high dodge rate, so I suggest using the battle save. Once your through with Blume, go to wherever azel and daisy are, and save them. After you beat the army chasing them, The enemy sends another, albeit smaller army at you. They go down easy. save the village, and then prepare to seize the first castle. Fin and three axe fighters are in front of the castle. Distract fin with karin due to the similar attack. Be sure to battle save beforehand. send fin north, and seize the castle with ayra. Be sure to have karin send karin down after the first attack. when fin is around 5 hp, karin should be able to go down the road out of fin's range. recruit fin with ayra.

Edited by mousefire

Chapter 1-part 2

Finn and azel were able to clear the arena easily. Daisy had a little more trouble, but she got through thanks to prayer. Elliot appeared, and was stopped by cuan weilding the gae bolg.

I moved on to seize the second castle. the only thing to really note was that Liza nearly died, but came back with ambush and continue. I officially don't hate Liza.

The castle boss was a little annoying. he had a hero axe and a killer bow. after a few hits, he was down. on another note, sylvia got a warp staff from azel, and galzus got a fire sword from Daisy.

chapter 1-finale

I sent ayra and briggid up. The boss had fenrir, so it was a little annoying. the army had hunters and 3 axe fighters. I had to abuse a battle save. The boss went down with a meteor sword. I cleared the arena with tiltyu. Oh, and Briggid died giving me an excuse to use the valkyrie staff. Lex fell in love with Ayra, and he came with the circlet, a hero axe, and a silence staff he can't use

Prologue done, everybody did a good job, getting at least one kill each.

Now, at the beggining of Chapter 1, everyone completed the Arena. Fuck yes. I sold Aira's Steel Sword to Pamela, that needed a extra attack.

Lex has minor lopt I now realize. just weird.

edit:yeah, everyone beats the arena easily. besides daisy. You will have to be extremely lucky to beat the last arena guy with daisy

edit#2: lachesis replaces holyn

edit#3:Lex comes at level 15, and after some arena battles, I promoted him

Edited by mousefire

Chapter 2-part one

Lex promotes. I recruited lachesis, who replaces holyn. It was really annoying going along the set path do to the little mounts. Let's see, fe5 characters protect leaf, but Robert dies meaning no knight ring. Fin one rounded Elliot. I recruited leaf. not much to say here other than Douchebeth sent bandits to attack the villages

My interpretations on the characters so far-

Ayra: She's no Sigurd. Meteor sword helps her greatly, however. She gets a 9.5/10

Deet'var/Pamela:She's like Alec, but with more skill and speed. 6.5/10

Vampa: A very good unit, with great skills. She can kill most things. 8.5/10

Maybell: She's promoted from the start with high strength and defense, and not crappy other stats. bad movement makes her an 8/10

Briggid: Very good stats, as well as good skills. 9/10

Sylvia: Extremely good healer with the Valkyrie staff! 9/10

Ethlin: She's a master knight. nuff said. 9.5/10

Karin: She has similar to fin, but her strength is slightly lower than him, but she has life and solar sword. 8/10

Galzus: A tank with meteor sword and high speed and skill. 9/10

Liza: She needs a good thunder tome, i.e. elthunder. after that she's pretty good. ambush+critical/continue is nice. 7/10

Azel: About the same as he was in the original. 8/10

Daisy: like dew, but with slightly higher strength and prayer instead of solar sword. 7/10

Finn: same as he was before, but with continue. 9/10

tiltyu: A rank thunder and she begins with tron. Tron has an innate critical in this game. she has wrath and charge. Uber. 9.5/10

feel free to give your ratings for them

Edited by mousefire