Character History In This Game

Jyosua

In previous FE games, character history and background was mostly done in support conversations. Because of the switch to Bond and Buddy supports (and Buddy supports being so short) I was wondering how it's done in this game. I've not seen much of the game yet, because I just got the game and have been working on other things.

It doesn't. It just leaves giant gaps in the new characters, and you're supposed to have played PoR for the oldies. Except Info convos can have stuff sometimes. There's this really funny one between Zihark and Meg early game though. And you get some more backstory on Rolf and bros in a special info convo.

Well, while I do like the fact that anyone can support anyone, theres no excuse for lack of character developement. Once their little info thing and intro are over, thats it. Quite sad really, as its one of the best things in the series.

Yeah, me too... me too. I seriously wanna know how the Dawn Brigade got together though. Like, really bad.

I might have some information about the origins of the Dawn Brigade.

I don't think I can translate it though : /

*tries to think of linked endings*

Micaiah/Sothe (Only affects Sothe's)

Mist/Boyd

Naesala/Leanne (I think it only affects Leanne's)

Jill/Haar (Only affects Jill's)

Ike/Soren or Ike/Ranulf (Requires PoR, only affects Soren or Ranulf)

Though some of the info convos made me forget, even for a moment, the lack of good supports.

Meg: See you later, pookums!

Zihark: Meg, wait! ........ and did she just call me pookums?

*tries to think of linked endings*

Micaiah/Sothe (Only affects Sothe's)

Mist/Boyd

Naesala/Leanne (I think it only affects Leanne's)

Jill/Haar (Only affects Jill's)

Ike/Soren or Ike/Ranulf (Requires PoR, only affects Soren or Ranulf)

Though some of the info convos made me forget, even for a moment, the lack of good supports.

Meg: See you later, pookums!

Zihark: Meg, wait! ........ and did she just call me pookums?

But if Zihark and Brom had an A support in PoR and Zihark and Meg have one in RD something... interesting? will happen. :lol: ;) :o :P

I think this thread made me realize exactly why I couldn't get into it. If you have seen me talk elsewhere you know I really focus on the characterization, not stats or anything. The lack of development here just kinda turns me off I guess.

As much as I love the beauty of the gameplay I've seen, the lack of character development makes me a little sad. :[

I thought they did a fairly...ok job.

especially wen Gatrie and Shinon met Lyre...and wen Boyd and Mist talk, you just tell that he loves her.