FE10: Radiant Dawn Hacking Notes

VincentASM

18 hours ago, NobleSang said:

For now, I will let aside my problem with the shop. Thank you. 

I have a question, maybe the most important for me right now. I succeeded to put Zelgius, Kezhda and Levail as playable characters for the part 3. (P3-3, P3-4 and P3-10) But I had the same problem as the NTSC-US version of the game when I played with gecko codes. The characters disappear when we have to make the three teams.

I was thinking to modify emap0401a.bin file if the "e" before the map is for event as bmap with b for battle. But now, I really need to know the method of adding characters. I know that every PID and JID need 104 bytes but I do not know how to do to add something without corrupting the file. I just want to add three more characters and when you have the board to make your teams, you have 2 free places in Micaiah's team, 3 in Ike's and 2 in Tibarn's team. 

And I was wondering if I can modify the highlighted values without corrupt the game ?

image.thumb.png.97ccf02c75a570758b24e250b7a7afef.png

And how can I find the last 104 bytes of the last character of the data ? Thank you to telling me how to add new characters . ^^ 

So, I did some modifications in this file, and it's only for the sequence with the chibi characters. When I replace Micaiah and Lightsage by Zelgius and Marshal_Z, during the dialogues and the team choices, she stays Micaiah in Lightsage, but when you see her as a chibi map model, she is Zelgius (and only during this begining of the fourth part, because when the prologue begins, she is still Light Sage Micaiah). So, this is not the file that I have to modify to add characters for the team choices. 

Did you have an idea for the file ? 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

I thought it was pretty obvious from my post,  but what I am trying to accomplish is the following:

Narrow down the checks in the base convo files that look for a certain support level. With these, i can build my own base conversations that trigger when certain characters gain a support rank with each other. 

Currently there are two base convo's that do this, one of them is MistxBoyd base convo in 3-E. this only triggers when they have an A support. 

I want to use this mechanic to add base conversations that would act out as support conversations, thus allowing characters to be more fleshed out while also encouraging replayablity. Since everyone can support anyone, every single pairing could have at least an A support convo. However, for that, I need to find the "switch" that checks whether or not the required support level is met. 

If only hacking this game were that simple, wouldn't that be nice? If your trying to "add" things, it's not that easy.

Also, no need to be rude, i'm just trying to help, and would rather not waste my time trying something I know isn't reasonable, or possible, so I try to be sure of what somebody else is asking.

29 minutes ago, NobleSang said:

So, I did some modifications in this file, and it's only for the sequence with the chibi characters. When I replace Micaiah and Lightsage by Zelgius and Marshal_Z, during the dialogues and the team choices, she stays Micaiah in Lightsage, but when you see her as a chibi map model, she is Zelgius (and only during this begining of the fourth part, because when the prologue begins, she is still Light Sage Micaiah). So, this is not the file that I have to modify to add characters for the team choices. 

Did you have an idea for the file ? 

I've looked for this as well, and haven't had any luck yet. Sorry.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

If only hacking this game were that simple, wouldn't that be nice? If your trying to "add" things, it's not that easy.

Also, no need to be rude, i'm just trying to help, and would rather not waste my time trying something I know isn't reasonable, or possible, so I try to be sure of what somebody else is asking.

I've looked for this as well, and haven't had any luck yet. Sorry.

I have had zero troubles expanding and adding things to my ISO file, so as soon as I know what pointers I need, I would be able to start inserting new support conversations. And I do mean inserting, not overwriting existing material.

I also don’t see how I was rude to you, if you were referring to my first sentence, I genuinely thought my first post was covering the topic extensively enough that my goals were clear, so It was just me being slightly bewildered by the fact that it was not clear what I wanted help with. Not a jab at you.

4 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

I have had zero troubles expanding and adding things to my ISO file, so as soon as I know what pointers I need, I would be able to start inserting new support conversations. And I do mean inserting, not overwriting existing material.

I also don’t see how I was rude to you, if you were referring to my first sentence, I genuinely thought my first post was covering the topic extensively enough that my goals were clear, so It was just me being slightly bewildered by the fact that it was not clear what I wanted help with. Not a jab at you.

You successfully added things to the data.cms file? 

If you know which sentence I was referring to, then you obviously know it was rude. Not everyone knows what they're doing right away.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

You successfully added things to the data.cms file? 

If you know which sentence I was referring to, then you obviously know it was rude. Not everyone knows what they're doing right away.

Yes I have, and I have been able to patch it just fine.

Me rereading my post and concluding that only a single sentence could be interpreted a different way than I intended doesn’t really make me ‘know’ it the entire time. To be frank, this is our first ever interaction as far as I know on this forum and I can’t think of any reason why I would be rude to someone I have no prior investment in and do not have an opinion about whatsoever. 

You interpreted something different than I intended, I explained my intention, let’s leave it at that and focus on the topic at hand. Could you be of any assistance with the problem I am having? Maybe some new insights of just noting past experiences that may have some correlation.

14 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Yes I have, and I have been able to patch it just fine.

Me rereading my post and concluding that only a single sentence could be interpreted a different way than I intended doesn’t really make me ‘know’ it the entire time. To be frank, this is our first ever interaction as far as I know on this forum and I can’t think of any reason why I would be rude to someone I have no prior investment in and do not have an opinion about whatsoever. 

You interpreted something different than I intended, I explained my intention, let’s leave it at that and focus on the topic at hand. Could you be of any assistance with the problem I am having? Maybe some new insights of just noting past experiences that may have some correlation.

I'm guessing that it's in C0315.cmb, looking at it I see this:

PID_Mist check player or absent by PID. PID_BOLE Unit check ready to base talk by PID, then there is the get yell level, which i'm guessing is what your looking for. If anything, directly after that is when it checks for your support level.

Too bad... So, anyway, I have a problem with Pelleas. I want to give him the Summoner class (he is the pupil of Izuka after all), so I take the bmap3015 file, when he got his first appearance, and I modify his JID_DARKSAGE into JID_SUMMONER. But no modification is done. When I did it to his first playable appearance, so bmap403 file, it didn't work again. Where is his first apperance ? In which file ? Did you have any idea about it ?

Edited by NobleSang
Another ask

I'm sorry but maybe my english isn't good enough ^^' but I didn't understand your last sentence... I just want to increase the weapon level of the class Swordmaster_sp. I have to edit the FE10data file, I have the pointer of the class, I have everything, but I don't know by what I have to change the value. In the first post of this topic, we have:

00 02 B7 66 Pointer -> JID_BRAVE
00 02 F2 D1 Pointer -> MJID_BRAVE
00 03 4C B3 Pointer -> ブレイフ
00 02 D8 3A Pointer -> MH_J_BRAVE
00 00 00 00 - Blank
00 02 BE 97 Pointer -> JID_VANGUARD - What this class transforms/promotes to
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - Blank
00 02 8C D0 Pointer -> AID_LORD2
00 03 32 8A Pointer -> S----------- - Base weapon ranks
00 03 32 8A Pointer -> S----------- - Max weapon ranks

So i took my class, so Swordmaster, and another class, for example Trueblade, and I take the equivalent values that interest me. Those :

00 03 32 8A Pointer -> S----------- - Base weapon ranks
00 03 32 8A Pointer -> S----------- - Max weapon ranks

So for the Trueblade, it's :
00 02 80 28
00 02 7A 21

I assumed that the first values corresponded to the minimum value and and the second to the maximum value. So i did the change by putting "00 02 7A 21" on the value of Swordmaster, but it doesn't work 😕 

I don't know how, but I did it. 

But now, the problem is that I can't put a new skill to Stefan. I've tried with his own data, but it doesn't working, I've tried also with his new class data (swordmaster_sp) but same, it doesn't working. What I have to change just to give him Nihil and Astra ? 

15 hours ago, NobleSang said:

I don't know how, but I did it. 

But now, the problem is that I can't put a new skill to Stefan. I've tried with his own data, but it doesn't working, I've tried also with his new class data (swordmaster_sp) but same, it doesn't working. What I have to change just to give him Nihil and Astra ? 

You can't "add" skills to unit's that don't have them, only change existing ones. For example, you could replace critical +20 for Nihil.

Ok, i'm fucked... Too bad, but i will give up for that. Let me explain you, I wished to give a "unique" class to Stefan. He is a branded, according to his background, he is one of the most strongest swordman in the world and he get random stats as Zihark or Edward. I was working to give him new maximums statistics without changing that of Zihark and Edward. So, initially, I thought to give him the Swordmaster_SP class, as the Swordmaster of Ashera, modifying their maximum stats. But I got a new problem. He lost his Astra skill. I can't give him personnaly and I can't add it to the class otherwise it will give it to all ennemies... And it will be a problem ^^

So i'm giving up for that. Or maybe I should put Zihark and Edward as female trueblade, and let him as the only male trueblade. I don't know now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again !

I would like to put Tauroneo as a Sword General, and so far, there is no problem. But he can't evolve because there isn't any Marshall Sword Male, I went to the FE10data and put Marshall_S/F as an evolve to the Bladedux but it wasn't working, did I do something wrong ? Please, somebody help me x)

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:18 PM, NobleSang said:

Hello again !

I would like to put Tauroneo as a Sword General, and so far, there is no problem. But he can't evolve because there isn't any Marshall Sword Male, I went to the FE10data and put Marshall_S/F as an evolve to the Bladedux but it wasn't working, did I do something wrong ? Please, somebody help me x)

I'm not 100% sure if that's how it works, but your sure it's pointed to the right area?

Those highlighted values are the values of the JID_MARSHAL_S/F and his pointer is 00 02 BB C6
image.thumb.png.2e99fce08c30668d3aefd1942bc9f16e.png

And then, their the values of the JID_BLADEDUX

image.thumb.png.8b1ed9f53da6959a4c3afeddbf9076bc.png

Now, I just have to spot the values of the evolution and it begins at the 20th values. I replace the 00 02 B7 09 00 03 41 D9 00 02 97 63 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 by the pointer of the Marshal_S/F so 00 02 BB C6

It's the thing that I have to do ? 

EDIT : It seems to be not, because I just tried this, and it didn't work. 

EDIT 2 : I tried to find the correct values of the Sword General by looking for his maximum stat and I found that. So i'm gonna test with it again.

image.thumb.png.10bcda31dfc89f6fe1954bf8bd023643.png

EDIT 3 (and I hope the last one xD) : When I did the modifications of the screen above, I had that

image.png.8e8a250effee1da908f59df7a81ddeef.png

LAST EDIT I SWEAR xD

I give up because the game can't animate Tauroneo as a Sword General. He is kind of crucified during his animation with a Sword... Too bad.

Edited by NobleSang

Now, I got a new problem. When I modify the first level of some characters when they arrive, they can not get any more experiences. They're stuck and I don't know why.
For example, I want to make Tauronéo, Lucia, Vika, Muarim and Tormod level getting better when they appear for the first time.

So Tormod, Lucia and Tauronéo, from the level 14, they will be level 19 for Tauronéo and Tormod, but 20 for Lucia. And for Muarim and Vika, they will be level 29 and 27. But I don't know why, they can't earn experience points when I modify their bmap file 😕

49 minutes ago, NobleSang said:

Now, I got a new problem. When I modify the first level of some characters when they arrive, they can not get any more experiences. They're stuck and I don't know why.
For example, I want to make Tauronéo, Lucia, Vika, Muarim and Tormod level getting better when they appear for the first time.

So Tormod, Lucia and Tauronéo, from the level 14, they will be level 19 for Tauronéo and Tormod, but 20 for Lucia. And for Muarim and Vika, they will be level 29 and 27. But I don't know why, they can't earn experience points when I modify their bmap file 😕

I've encountered this issue as well. Not sure what causes it, considering Sigrun starts level 19, I think? There shouldn't be any issues. I wished I knew more about this, i'm sorry.

Ok, is it possible to add new weapons for a character? Always with Tauroneo, I would like to give him a Poison Lance without modify his items. So I took the "IID_DELICATESWORD" of the dispo_h file data and I replace it by "IID_POISONLANCE". Then, I take this value and I give it to him image.thumb.png.0c9d63617ee28d40aa58351313036410.png

So the items values begin with :

00 00 16 BC 00 00 16 14 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 17 1A

I put the values of the Poison Lance just after the 00 00 16 14 but I do not know why, it just add a Hand Spear. Then I put it  in the four next bytes and it double the vulnerary, and when I put it just after the value of the vulnerary 00 00 17 1A, nothin' appears. Did you know why or how can I add item in a character inventory ?

3 minutes ago, NobleSang said:

Ok, is it possible to add new weapons for a character? Always with Tauroneo, I would like to give him a Poison Lance without modify his items. So I took the "IID_DELICATESWORD" of the dispo_h file data and I replace it by "IID_POISONLANCE". Then, I take this value and I give it to him image.thumb.png.0c9d63617ee28d40aa58351313036410.png

So the items values begin with :

00 00 16 BC 00 00 16 14 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 17 1A

I put the values of the Poison Lance just after the 00 00 16 14 but I do not know why, it just add a Hand Spear. Then I put it  in the four next bytes and it double the vulnerary, and when I put it just after the value of the vulnerary 00 00 17 1A, nothin' appears. Did you know why or how can I add item in a character inventory ?

And your sure it's poison lance being pointed to? I'm not able to add items to a units inventory without the game freezing, so you've gotten farther than I have.