FE10: Radiant Dawn Hacking Notes

VincentASM

I took those unused values and I modified them. IID_BRONZEKNIFE into IID_POISONLANCE

image.thumb.png.ff00ebaf9add3ab176b9b394d91a9593.png

Then, I did the substraction. The IID begin at 15E4. If you subtract it with 20 you have 00 00 15 E4 - 20 = 00 00 15 C4. And same process when I was trying with IID_DELICATESWORD. 15F4 - 20 = 00 00 15 D4. But, when I placed it in the places corresponding to the inventory, it did not work. And I don't know why

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the chapter in question, still in the base. So when I do modifications, it appears with no problem. For example, when I place it just before the Vulnerary value, it simply double the hand spear, I don't know why, and when I place the value after the Vulnerary one, it double the vulnerary. But it doesn't add my new item...

12 minutes ago, NobleSang said:

I am in the chapter in question, still in the base. So when I do modifications, it appears with no problem. For example, when I place it just before the Vulnerary value, it simply double the hand spear, I don't know why, and when I place the value after the Vulnerary one, it double the vulnerary. But it doesn't add my new item...

Well, I assume you can only have so many items in your beginning inventory. Maybe it's simply limited to three?

1 minute ago, NobleSang said:

Maybe, I'm still exploring the possibilites. I'll warn you if I find something. For the level of Tauronéo, it get stuck when I put him level 19 or 20. But no problem with level 18...

Could just be a strange restriction within the game. Not sure why they would have that, but who knows? Sorry I can't test things for you, since I play the game on my console rather than my computer, transferring the game takes too long.

8 hours ago, NobleSang said:

I have a question. The Dark Sage can control Thunder and Dark magic. But for Soren, I want to give him Wind magic instead of Thunder magic. How can I do that ? 

You only need to assign the Weapon ranks for the base value of the class and the max value of the class. Not the unit in question. Magic is coded so that they all use the same animations. Fire is no different than light or dark. The game crashes when it does not have a base value to hold on to however.

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

You only need to assign the Weapon ranks for the base value of the class and the max value of the class. Not the unit in question. Magic is coded so that they all use the same animations. Fire is no different than light or dark. The game crashes when it does not have a base value to hold on to however.

From what I read I think he means give Soren Wind/Dark while keeping Pelleas with Thunder/Dark. If not, then yeah, just set any magic type on Dark Sage.

No, Pelleas is now a Summoner so he is not involved. ^^

So I have to take the unit class value 

image.thumb.png.9ac65b5198b157be62fffa48e5fbf552.png

And then, spot the pointer relative to his weapon rank. So 

image.thumb.png.b03909fd48537394399d0d3f9959406d.png

But with the ressources of this google doc, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SB0EZSW0u7tHKTgQv-fEJFDxgORcouMdmTTc9lZ0DHk/edit#gid=287982398 I don't know what it correspond to 😕 

Ok, but how can i make the difference between the magics ? 

EDIT:

image.thumb.png.3de87c2cd521120533a26c751a0300f2.png

Did I have to modify the "-------C--B-" ? For example, the first "-" means Sword, the second one, Axe...Etc. and if i want to give him Wind Magic, I just have to know where is the string corresponding to the wind magic and replace it by a letter ? 

Edited by NobleSang

OKAY ! I FINALLY UNDERSTAND !

Thank you very much, I'm truly sorry for my lack of understanding, it's quite difficult to understand everything in english ^^'

EDIT : It didn't work 😢 Maybe because I didn't make a max weapon rank ?

image.thumb.png.8a6e599b9b2372e76787af5722223200.png

Edited by NobleSang

• 3 months later...

So, I am facing a bit of a problem... there is some step in the process of editing the data.cmm file and reinserting it onto the iso that's causing all sorts of issues.

What I edited were the abilities:

#1 Reduced all "capacity" to 0, since there is no nightmare module for the Characters and the classes don't have (oddly enough) anything related to capacity, this was the best choice.

#2 I replaced Halfshit with the equivalent that the laguz Royals use (because halfshift in my opinion is bad and is a waste of a good slot).

#3 I replaced Mercy with Aether (so that Elincia can actually score kills)

but I also made a separate test file where all I did was change one skill cost to 0 and dolphin starts throwing a lot of errors anyway. I'd love to know if anyone has any idea of why I am having these issues.

Edited by Duncan Idaho

Hi there. I'm just at the outset of making a hack, and I wanted to gauge what's possible in 10s engine these days. I love ten, and I think aesthetically speaking, it is possibly the best fit for the story I hope to tell. That all said, while I'm taking time to read through and understand what's been done, I have a few questions regarding feasibility and whether what I hope to accomplish is possible with the knowledge we currently have.

1: is it possible to change portraits in game? Like for instance lets say I made a shitty splice, could I replace Ike with shitty splice?

2: palettes for models: is it possible? Or are palletes more hard coded to their character?

3: this is probably the biggest feat I'd have to tackle, but custom maps? Is it even plausible?

4: custom text? I'd want to overhaul and write my own story. Is text editing an easy process?

5: army switching? I plan to at times switch between two armies before they converge into one for the remainder of the campaign. I know vanilla 10 does this, but is this hard coded or can it be changed at will?

I really appreciate any insight that can be offered. Thanks

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 8:24 PM, Duncan Idaho said:

So, I am facing a bit of a problem... there is some step in the process of editing the data.cmm file and reinserting it onto the iso that's causing all sorts of issues.

What I edited were the abilities:

#1 Reduced all "capacity" to 0, since there is no nightmare module for the Characters and the classes don't have (oddly enough) anything related to capacity, this was the best choice.

#2 I replaced Halfshit with the equivalent that the laguz Royals use (because halfshift in my opinion is bad and is a waste of a good slot).

#3 I replaced Mercy with Aether (so that Elincia can actually score kills)

but I also made a separate test file where all I did was change one skill cost to 0 and dolphin starts throwing a lot of errors anyway. I'd love to know if anyone has any idea of why I am having these issues.

How are you recompressing the Data.TPL file? You need to make sure the file size doesn't exceed it's original size.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 11:31 PM, cdoubleyou said:

Hi there. I'm just at the outset of making a hack, and I wanted to gauge what's possible in 10s engine these days. I love ten, and I think aesthetically speaking, it is possibly the best fit for the story I hope to tell. That all said, while I'm taking time to read through and understand what's been done, I have a few questions regarding feasibility and whether what I hope to accomplish is possible with the knowledge we currently have.

1: is it possible to change portraits in game? Like for instance lets say I made a shitty splice, could I replace Ike with shitty splice?

2: palettes for models: is it possible? Or are palletes more hard coded to their character?

3: this is probably the biggest feat I'd have to tackle, but custom maps? Is it even plausible?

4: custom text? I'd want to overhaul and write my own story. Is text editing an easy process?

5: army switching? I plan to at times switch between two armies before they converge into one for the remainder of the campaign. I know vanilla 10 does this, but is this hard coded or can it be changed at will?

I really appreciate any insight that can be offered. Thanks

Besides Custom Text, i'm not sure any of this can be easily done. That's from my limited knowledge, at least.

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

How are you recompressing the Data.TPL file? You need to make sure the file size doesn't exceed it's original size.

I'm not, the data file size doesn't changes.

The file size is about 122KB and it doesn't changes pre or post edit.

I am not sure if its a problem of wii scrubber that isn't replacing as it should the file.