FE10: Radiant Dawn Hacking Notes

VincentASM

On 1/24/2021 at 2:21 AM, HeartlessSeph said:

That sounds a lot better than Tellius Tools. I might go with that.

I'd go with Yune editor in that case, since the base game is the constant factor, and thus, orderly.  It is stale and rigid.
When people use your editor and make changes, it becomes something new, something chaotic. But that's just my two cents. =p

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I am so happy to see this topic reviving! It was quite hard to follow and understand everything because I am not an english native speaker, haha. 

I was doing my PAL modified version of the game. https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/e1xwyf/fire_emblem_radiant_dawn_hack/
As you can see on this thread, I did a lot of changements. Since this, I've also uprise the Sword level of Elincia, the base stats of Nephenee and Brom, and that's it. If anyone can explain me how to those following things, I will be more than grateful !

- Give the Beast effect to the Pyrolance (Short Spear), give the Dragon Effect to Décharge (Short Axe), and Wings Effect to the Wind Edge, Storm Edge and Tempest Blade.
- Modify the shop to get dark spells sooner but I don't understand how to modify that. I did it "akwardly" through the Aimee shop but I would like to make it available in the forge and in the shop of Muston, as the anima magic
- And my biggest problem to solve is in relation with the first modification, How to make the new characters recruited during Part 3 (Zelgius, Levail, Kezhda) do not disappear when choosing teams for Part 4. If someone know how to modify the file corresponding to the team maker, i'll take it ! 😄

5 hours ago, NobleSang said:

Oh, I am so happy to see this topic reviving! It was quite hard to follow and understand everything because I am not an english native speaker, haha. 

I was doing my PAL modified version of the game. https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/e1xwyf/fire_emblem_radiant_dawn_hack/
As you can see on this thread, I did a lot of changements. Since this, I've also uprise the Sword level of Elincia, the base stats of Nephenee and Brom, and that's it. If anyone can explain me how to those following things, I will be more than grateful !

- Give the Beast effect to the Pyrolance (Short Spear), give the Dragon Effect to Décharge (Short Axe), and Wings Effect to the Wind Edge, Storm Edge and Tempest Blade.
- Modify the shop to get dark spells sooner but I don't understand how to modify that. I did it "akwardly" through the Aimee shop but I would like to make it available in the forge and in the shop of Muston, as the anima magic
- And my biggest problem to solve is in relation with the first modification, How to make the new characters recruited during Part 3 (Zelgius, Levail, Kezhda) do not disappear when choosing teams for Part 4. If someone know how to modify the file corresponding to the team maker, i'll take it ! 😄

Good to see more people interested in RD hacking, but I have to say. For a hack that's made to improve upon the base game, why on earth would you buff classes like the Royal Laguz and Dragon Lords. Those are among the strongest classes in the game, I understand the buff to mages, but this seems even more imbalanced than the base game,. =p

I've just changed their maximums stats and not the growth rates if I remember well ^^'

EDIT

- And my biggest problem to solve is in relation with the first modification, How to make the new characters recruited during Part 3 (Zelgius, Levail, Kezhda) do not disappear when choosing teams for Part 4. If someone know how to modify the file corresponding to the team maker, i'll take it ! 😄

With this, I would like to know how to change the exp earn per chapter?

Edited by NobleSang

On 2/16/2021 at 5:53 PM, NobleSang said:

- With this, I would like to know how to change the exp earn per chapter?

- You need to add SFXC_BEAST, SFXC_DRAGON, and SFXC_FLY into those weapons. Honestly it's complicated and the info in the first post is VERY outdated, so you're better off using HeartlessSeph's tool to do this.

- I made a post about shopdata here. Keep in mind that if you want Worm to ALWAYS be available, you'll have to add it into EVERY SINGLE FSHOP/WSHOP ENTRY.

- No idea, but you can make them rejoin later (albeit you can't pick which party they go to anymore).

- No idea. Something to do with FE8Data.bin but nobody ever delve into it much yet.

Thanks for the response.
- I didn't understand how to use HeartlessSeph's tool 😕 I am still doing it with the old maner. ^^'

- Okay, thanks ! I will check that

- I did it. But I was hoping someone knows how to do it x)

- I will check on it ! 

If you wanna do things manually, you'll need to know the format of ItemData entries (the one in the first post is outdated).

00 02 AA A0 Pointer -> IID_FLORETE - Item ID, determines what item it is.
00 02 E7 18 Pointer -> MIID_FLORETE - Name ID, determines what text is shown as the name.
00 02 CC E7 Pointer -> MH_I_FLORETE - Desc ID, determines the text shown in the description.
00 03 42 D0 Pointer -> sword - Determines weapon rank used.
00 03 42 D0 Pointer -> sword - Determines damage type.
00 03 16 08 Pointer -> N - Weapon rank required.
00 00 00 00 - Blank - EID used for magic.
00 02 9A B8 Pointer -> EID_FLORETE
00 00 00 00 - Blank - EID used for Laguz weapons.
00 - Unknown
10 - Item Icon.
00 C8 - Cost per use.
0E 5F 0F 05 2D 04 - Might, Accuracy, Critical, Weight, Uses, Weapon Exp.
01 02 01 - Min range, Max range.
01 - Unknown
00 00 00 04 - Unknown
03 - Amt of Attributes
00 - Amt of SFXC
00 - Gives Stat Boosts (Boolean)
00 03 43 1B Pointer -> valuable - Additional attributes (can be a few or none)
00 03 41 6E Pointer -> eqB
00 03 42 C8 Pointer -> stormsw
[SFXC would go here if there's any]
[Stat Boosts would go here if there's any]

You need to add the amount of SFXC by 1 and add a pointer to the corresponding SFXC. However, the entire file after that will be offset by 4, so you'll have to change most pointers. I made a Python script to do that for you (Add Free Bytes Others.py).

The offsetting problem will also happen when you try to add Worm into the forge and Dark Magic into the weapon store. You can also use the same script for that.

The concern is here, I don't know how to use your scripts... 

EDIT: https://github.com/python-excel/xlrd https://github.com/jmcnamara/XlsxWriter https://mega.nz/folder/3QMAEQgL#cG9GD5u0QCIY9x0RsfFOOQ

I have downloaded everything from those links given in the previous pages, and also Python 3.0.1 but I don't understand a thing on it ^^' I'd like to know how to open the file data on excel as HeartlessSeph did ?

Edited by NobleSang

You need to install those modules using pip.exe (and command prompt), which should be in the Scripts section of your Python directory. I don't think you can just download the releases from github to make it work.

My script uses struct module, which should've been included automatically on Python. Just run it on Python and everything should be self-explanatory (hopefully).

Seph's excel tool is pretty sweet, I wouldn't want to even try the manual way. I found a few cool things that i've wanted to do (like having laguz be able to initiate combat untransformed to fix their XP gain problem) amongst other rebalancing. It's a shame no one knows where we modify the skill activation parameters in. Skills like Vantage would be sweet to have the wrath trigger condition. Or have Guard have a guaranteed proc and given to Armor's to give them some use.

Since I'm not getting any further myself, maybe other have an idea;

FE10DATA.CMS is the file that contains growths rates and bases stats, among other things. These two things are listed on after another for every character. First bases, then growths. Somehow, the game recognises that the bytes used for Base stats are read as signed bytes. Yet the growth rate bytes are read as unsigned bytes. Does anyone have a clue where this might happen and if it's possible to make the growths be read as signed bytes?

I have this problem now, and I don't know why. 

image.png.f7136619be33022ce9582cba09f8e59f.png

It occurs in the last moment, when you quit the camp to go to choose your team for the tower. I don't know why. It was not working because one of my mistake (make Ena playable in the epilogue part 3), Ena wasn't here. I fixed it by making her playable in the chapter 1 of part 4. It worked in the first time. From this moment, it's not working. I don't know why. 

• 2 months later...

I'm having trouble extracting and then rebuilding the FE10data.cms.decompressed. It seems like i need a newer version of xlsxwritter or xlrd master to extract it and an older version of them to rebuild it. I think it has something to do with them not being able to read/write xlsx files. 

Is there any news of this being made into an exe? That would be sooooo helpful?😅

2 hours ago, nick0807 said:

I'm having trouble extracting and then rebuilding the FE10data.cms.decompressed. It seems like i need a newer version of xlsxwritter or xlrd master to extract it and an older version of them to rebuild it. I think it has something to do with them not being able to read/write xlsx files. 

Is there any news of this being made into an exe? That would be sooooo helpful?😅

You  actually need an older version. The latest version of XLSXwriter has removed support for all versions except the 2009 .XLC files or something dumb like that. 
Version 1.3.0 or so was a good version for me. 

Hello! Im trying to lear how to edit the classes for units, for example if i want to make Mia a Hero. From what i understand this is located in zmap, and not in the FE10Data file, right? So how do i go about changing the class then?

5 hours ago, Nio said:

Hello! Im trying to lear how to edit the classes for units, for example if i want to make Mia a Hero. From what i understand this is located in zmap, and not in the FE10Data file, right? So how do i go about changing the class then?

It's located in both, and you'll have to change it on both. I recommend reading the topic and looking for the FE10 data editor.

25 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

It's located in both, and you'll have to change it on both. I recommend reading the topic and looking for the FE10 data editor.

Thanks for the reply. You mean the Lordmewtwo randomizer or the HeartlessSeph excel sheets? I think those are the editors i saw here. Thing is the later dosnt change stuff on the zmap file, right? The one for FE10Data is mostly cosmetic and skills.

There are some cheat codes out there for it, but i was trying to do it manually on the game iso. Thanks anyways

10 hours ago, Nio said:

Thanks for the reply. You mean the Lordmewtwo randomizer or the HeartlessSeph excel sheets? I think those are the editors i saw here. Thing is the later dosnt change stuff on the zmap file, right? The one for FE10Data is mostly cosmetic and skills.

There are some cheat codes out there for it, but i was trying to do it manually on the game iso. Thanks anyways

The tools made by heartlesseph. Since the randomiser does not allow for manual changes to be made. 
Zmap files are not in any editor so you'll need to study up on that  by reading this topic. All info is available in the first post. =]

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, HeartlessSeph said:

Updated the Excel Tools to be pre-compiled into an exe, so no need to install Python and all that. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y5zudoop2ykw9p/FE10GameData Tools.7z?dl=0

Wow, congrats on the accomplishment! Look forward to testing!

I'm playing through Path of Radiance again and it reminded me to work on this. I'm thinking of making an extractor for Path of Radiance too. Would be easier since that game has uniform blocks for everything rather than expanding everything with Child Count integers.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:47 PM, HeartlessSeph said:

Updated the Excel Tools to be pre-compiled into an exe, so no need to install Python and all that. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y5zudoop2ykw9p/FE10GameData Tools.7z?dl=0

I keep getting an application error when trying to run the data builder. I get an error saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

On 3/26/2019 at 7:37 AM, Missing-qry said:

For what it's worth, I actually went through and compiled the locations of each class, item, skill, and pretty much every important/playable character, as found in the decompressed FE10Data file. I've been using it for my randomizer, but hopefully it should be of use to everyone else who wants to edit stuff.

I'm feeling really stupid right now, but how do I know the internal ID of the time? I've tried searching for all the columns inside the shop file, and none of them return anything.
I saw some other posts about changing items, but I couldn't figure anything out. I know the pointers point to addresses (like where the item name is), but that didn't help me much.
I'm looking to edit the contents of the forge, and I'm lost. I know I'm in the right file (shopitem_h.bin), and I've successfully edited item stats, stat caps, and character growths before; but somehow this is eluding me. I am aware the forge contents are listed on a chapterly basis, so I might just edit the 4-5 forge and point everything at that.