FE10: Radiant Dawn Hacking Notes

VincentASM

6 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Awesome to see more and more stuff become available. i'll have to update my tools soon. Currently haven't had the time, but I'll get to it soon.

As for activation percentages, you'll need assembly knowledge for that. It's stored in main.dol, correct, but some bytes have a specific meaning and change depending on the value. it's how LM73 found out and how we got negative growths working in the end.

I know some assembly from this super long video a Brawl modder posted back in the day (it's no longer available unfortunately). Nothing like LM though, you guys have been a huge backbone of RD modding.

I've been looking to compile the file formats that aren't yet cracked or don't have a way to extract and rebuild them. Obvious ones are models and animations but I want to build an excel spreadsheet with a list of each filetype and whether or not we can edit them.

Is there a dedicated Radiant Dawn discord server anywhere btw? I'm in a couple of FE servers but nothing really dedicated to PoR/RD.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, HeartlessSeph said:

I know some assembly from this super long video a Brawl modder posted back in the day (it's no longer available unfortunately). Nothing like LM though, you guys have been a huge backbone of RD modding.

I've been looking to compile the file formats that aren't yet cracked or don't have a way to extract and rebuild them. Obvious ones are models and animations but I want to build an excel spreadsheet with a list of each filetype and whether or not we can edit them.

Is there a dedicated Radiant Dawn discord server anywhere btw? I'm in a couple of FE servers but nothing really dedicated to PoR/RD.

Regarding the discord, I talked about with LM73 once. Were too few people at that point so most of the info was just in this topic. But I’m a big proponent! I can add a section in my discord and make it for specific roles only, seems like a decent start right? 

3 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Regarding the discord, I talked about with LM73 once. Were too few people at that point so most of the info was just in this topic. But I’m a big proponent! I can add a section in my discord and make it for specific roles only, seems like a decent start right? 

I think so, would be a good place to quickly discuss certain modding topics. I'm down for it, also saves me from having to add yet another channel to my list of Discord channels lol.

8 hours ago, HeartlessSeph said:

I think so, would be a good place to quickly discuss certain modding topics. I'm down for it, also saves me from having to add yet another channel to my list of Discord channels lol.

I've made an extra section. ^^
Hope we can get an extensive and orderly hub going soon! 

• 1 month later...

Hey, could someone help me figure out how I would go about changing the class skills? I'm mostly just trying to give the Whisper class Lethality and +25 Crit.

Edited by Excalibur5992
I figured it out

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so I managed to extract the 3D battle models from the pack.cmp files and was able to convert it into a workable format to edit. I messed around on Blender a little bit just to see what I could do, but would it be possible at all to revert the files back into the game's .gs format?

I only just started diving into FE10 modding, so I apologize if this is a relatively noobish question, but I'll appreciate the help !

EDIT: Received my answer on Discord haha. If anybody knows how or is willing to create a tool to recompile 3D models to .gs format, I would be really happy LOL.

Otherwise, here's what I was able to get in Blender. Hoping one day I'll be able to import Pegasus Knight Oscar to the game LOL

Spoiler

PegasusOscar_Model.thumb.png.0d79c1376dfdca23871f5f216a349e7a.png

Edited by LJ_Tenma

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, guys. I thought this particular forum would be closed, boy, am I glad it isn't.

So I used to fiddle with this game a long time ago, around the time it first came out... I've recently gotten back at it. I found a tool online named Paragon, which uses the nightmare modules, it seemed like time-saving and I figured, why not... Changed a few growths and max stats, fiddled with some objects... gave Micaiah some dark magic. Small things... The game plays fine in dolphin until Raise the Standard, that is 01-E6 (E7, in files, I think). Then I get an invalid read that cripples the game, FPS hit zero and then it crashes. If I try to ignore the error it keeps going for a few second before it crashes anyway.

The error is 0xf023b378, PC = 0x8001243c

I have narrowed the problem down at 0x8001243c; the only set that repeats...
I am not the best at Hex... I am just relearning it, so please bear with me.

Any ideas? And, thanks!

I created an account just to ask one question: So I don't know a thing about game hacking or coding in general. But I want to make one or two very simple edit:

- Make Tauroneo (or Gatrie) a Sword General who can use SS swords when they promote to Marshall.

- Give Zihark his Path of Radiance growth instead of RD growth.

Is there an easy way to do it? A simple toolkit such as good ol' FE4 editor maybe?

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2021 at 5:12 PM, TellmeSomething said:

Hey, guys. I thought this particular forum would be closed, boy, am I glad it isn't.

So I used to fiddle with this game a long time ago, around the time it first came out... I've recently gotten back at it. I found a tool online named Paragon, which uses the nightmare modules, it seemed like time-saving and I figured, why not... Changed a few growths and max stats, fiddled with some objects... gave Micaiah some dark magic. Small things... The game plays fine in dolphin until Raise the Standard, that is 01-E6 (E7, in files, I think). Then I get an invalid read that cripples the game, FPS hit zero and then it crashes. If I try to ignore the error it keeps going for a few second before it crashes anyway.

The error is 0xf023b378, PC = 0x8001243c

I have narrowed the problem down at 0x8001243c; the only set that repeats...
I am not the best at Hex... I am just relearning it, so please bear with me.

Any ideas? And, thanks!

IDK if this thread is still alive but I checked here to figure out how to edit the game so that weapon triangle, check enemy ranges, and map affinity are enabled in hard mode (found the answer a few pages back, the problem was I had the wrong version of the game so the offset had an issue).  Everything was working as intended until I ran into this exact problem.  At chapter 6 everything breaks with the exact issue detailed above.  Has anyone found a fix yet?

Hello! Quick disclaimer, I am a complete noob to all things programming and hacking, meaning I was not able to follow along throughout the thread.

I initially tried using the downloadable hacks on the Dolphin Emulator's Cheats Manager. Then I tried scouring the internet for AR and Gecko codes but that didn't work out either. Then I tried to go about downloading the Nightmare Hex Editor, the HxD editor, WiiScrubber, and BatchLZ77. I am up to the part where I can view the decompressed FE10data in HxD but I don't know where to go from there.

I'm looking to do stuff like have Light Sage Micaiah be playable at the start of the game, play as Light Mage Micaiah after Part 1, or play as the enemy faction. Maybe even throw in an Ike early game.

Where do I go to learn about the stuff you guys are discussing so that I can implement these changes?

Edited by Mahogany

• 5 weeks later...

I have a really, really stupid question.

Where is Ashera's info stored? I didn't see her on the character list (Apperently she's the final boss so that kinda makes sense).

Someone wanted me to bump her health up, and i managed to get the iso unpacked and i have everything viewable in hex. I really don't want to have to undertake a crash disassembly project for a game i have 0 interest in just for one edit XD

So any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2021 at 12:56 PM, HeartlessSeph said:

Since no one did it (to my knowledge) I made a cmp extractor/repacker. Didn't actually test if the repacking works honestly, it's kinda late. First, download this and extract lzss.exe from the 7z http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/826/

Then download this https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fo33oh7kofrw1j/Tellius-CMP-PAK.exe?dl=0 and place both of them into the same folder. Then all you have to do is drag and drop the cmp file that you want to extract. To repack, drag and drop a folder with the cmp files you want to repack (the structure should be the same as it is when extracted). Not much else to it. Hope it helps, especially for Path of Radiance hacking. Let me know if any issues pop up.

EDIT: Nevermind, I removed the .tpl from the packed cmp, and the game defaulted to the tpl outside the file for reference. Works now! 

unknown.png

(old)

New to RD hacking, got most of the textures I want inserted, but overworld textures are stored in a .cmp file. Extracting with this tool seems to work, but repacking screws up the .tpl textures horribly. Any possible fix?

(cursed Sothe for reference)

unknown.png

For reference, in-battle textures work because they're not stored in .cmp:

unknown.png

Edited by elteh

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...