PoR Hacking: Fixed mode + level ups

Fayt Zelpher

Off topic: sorry if this should go in the PoR board. I wasn't sure so I put it here because I want someone skilled at hacking to try something for me.

On Topic: As the description says, I want to see just how much HP gained be gained in a single level on fixed mode in PoR. I could probably do the first part on my own, but I want to make this as clean as possible (i.e. take out all instances of random chance and other variables). Basically, I want to see if there is any way to give Mordy a +4 HP growth in a single level up on Fixed Mode. If these steps are followed, it should be possible. First, we need to initialize Mordy. Start him off with 99 growth points and 0 exp (any more growth points would not be possible without the hack, and, as I said earlier, I only want to try this via hacking to clean things up). Next, find enemies and a boss that give a boost to HP growth. To make this easier, equip Mordy with an HP+ band so we can deal with enemies who are neutral to HP. Next, fight with Mordy until he has exactly 99 exp until level up (it's probably okay if he has 97-98, but better safe than sorry). Assuming a +5 to his base 150 growth, Mordy should have 254 growth points. Next, have him attack and kill an enemy that will give him a full level up (i.e. 100 exp). Easy mode would be best for this, and I wold recommend Hafedd due to his high level and because he, as a halberdier, gives (another) +5 to his growths. Now, when Mordy levels up, he should get 160 growth points during this fight (assuming a +HP band as well), giving him a total of 414 growth points. Assuming my logic and assumptions are valid, he should get a +4 HP growth this level. Does he?

Part 2: Doing the same thing as before, hack Mordy's growth rate to 255 beforehand (I assume it goes no higher than that). Is a +6 possible in this case?

Edited by Randomly Predictable

I could try it, but I'm not sure really sure if it's worth the hassle to be honest, especially since my PC only runs the game at <10 FPS.

Pegasus Knight claims that you can only accumulate a max of 255 growth points. That makes sense to me, since I doubt growth points use anything above 8-bit unsigned values.

I could try it, but I'm not sure really sure if it's worth the hassle to be honest, especially since my PC only runs the game at <10 FPS.

Pegasus Knight claims that you can only accumulate a max of 255 growth points. That makes sense to me, since I doubt growth points use anything above 8-bit unsigned values.

I'm sorry if it's a big hassle - I was merely curious to see what would happen and to test a theory. I think that going through that method would be a good way to prove the maximum growth point accumulation, though I suspect that what might happen is that the game holds two separate 8-bit slots for growth points - one for the immediate attack and another that's been banked prior to that attack for the next level up. Anyway, don't feel forced to - it's not like I have any right to be making any impositions here anyway. I merely wanted to satisfy my curiosity.

Well, in FEDS, its possible for general sedgar/wolf to get +2 hp or defense on a level up. I don't know if that is relevant here, or if the games use the same systems, but I figured I would throw that out there.

Well, in FEDS, its possible for general sedgar/wolf to get +2 hp or defense on a level up. I don't know if that is relevant here, or if the games use the same systems, but I figured I would throw that out there.

Assuming 255 is the max, then 2 is the highest you'll ever get in a level up.

Assuming 255 is the max, then 2 is the highest you'll ever get in a level up.

If 255 is the max, then the highest is actually 3.

Growths that are under 100% give a chance at either 1 or 0.

100% gives 1.

Growths from 101% to 199% give a chance of either 1 or 2.

200% gives 2.

Growths from 201% to 255% give a chance at either 2 or 3.

Obviously, because of how Fixed Mode works, this wouldn't turn out the same way on it.

It sounds like it, except equipped items and the enemy classes you fight slighly alter your stat gains. Some characters also start with a specific amount of "points" in certain stats, which improves their first Level Up.

I wrote this introduction on Fixed Mode a long time ago. Hopefully it makes some sense ^^;;;