Why is Micaiah is often called a Mary Sue?

Nephinel

I agree. Mostly people who hate her and want an excuse for that feeling.

1) Check all statements that apply.

2) Answer honestly.

3) If you're trying to convince yourself that something doesn't really apply to your character, then it does. See #2.

That's correct. That's why I know, I know she is a Mary Sue, but there are some people who just took the quiz and ranked her a the most Sue-ish character right after or before Bella Swan.

Yet, I actually don't doubt they answered questions that don't applied to her [Micaiah] and made it seem as a fact in that quiz.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c) The fact that her Brand is on her hand rather than her forehead which is normal for many Branded.

Umm, I don't know where you got that it was normal for the Brand to be on the forehead. Soren is the only one we see with a Brand on the forehead, and I assume this is because all Dragons have a mark of some sort on their forehead. What Branded do we know of?

Micaiah, Brand is on her hand.

Soren, Brand is on his forehead.

Zelgius, Brand is on his back.

Petrine, Brand is not shown, but is definitely not on her forehead.

Stefan, Brand is not shown.

Stefan's brand is on his forehead, hidden by his bangs. He mentions it in his A-support with Mordecai in PoR.

Nevertheless, Soren and Stefan are the only two Branded who have the mark on their foreheads, compared to three other Branded who don't.

The brand is on different spots due to the different species they hail from, I suppose...

Petrine must also descent from the dragons, just look at her hair.

I doubt of what Zelgius is descendant from.

Stefan is descendant of lions, it has been mentioned that he is descendant of the hero, Soan.

Also, stop with the TV Tropes crap, I have already explained many things in the previous page, many things being rather reasonable if you compare it to other series like Twilight, in which, the main character is liked by no reason at all.

I'm pretty sure that Petrine isn't a Dragon Branded, since the forehead Brand correlated with the forehead mark every Dragon has. As for Zelgius, I think he's a Hawk or Raven Branded, but I'm not certain.

Stefan's brand is on his forehead, hidden by his bangs. He mentions it in his A-support with Mordecai in PoR.

Nevertheless, Soren and Stefan are the only two Branded who have the mark on their foreheads, compared to three other Branded who don't.

Ah, ok. I didn't think to look in his supports. Although it's a bit weird he would have a forehead mark...

Maybe it's just random?

The brand is on different spots due to the different species they hail from, I suppose...

Petrine must also descent from the dragons, just look at her hair.

I doubt of what Zelgius is descendant from.

Stefan is descendant of lions, it has been mentioned that he is descendant of the hero, Soan.

Also, stop with the TV Tropes crap, I have already explained many things in the previous page, many things being rather reasonable if you compare it to other series like Twilight, in which, the main character is liked by no reason at all.

I'm pretty sure that Petrine isn't a Dragon Branded, since the forehead Brand correlated with the forehead mark every Dragon has. As for Zelgius, I think he's a Hawk or Raven Branded, but I'm not certain.

Ah, ok. I didn't think to look in his supports. Although it's a bit weird he would have a forehead mark...

Maybe it's just random?

I agree that Petrine probably isn't a Dragon Branded, but not because of the placement of her Brand. It is (at the very least) heavily implied that Almedha was the first and only dragon laguz to have an affair with a beorc, and it is explicitly stated that she only had one son and no daughters from that affair. In short, there's probably only one Dragon Branded in all of Tellius, and it isn't Petrine.

I looked at this topic, as i did not know what Mary Sue meant.

Having read through the entire thread i realize just how off topic things can get.

Everyone has opinions, can't we just... acknowledge that?

Though i do think she is, to a degree, favored in some way.

Then again, the main character has to be liked, i can't imagine someone that is hated to be a lord in a Fire Emblem game.

Also don't forget that there is "the little girl that [stays by] Queen Elincia's side" is also branded.

I think I'll go read a whole lot about characters now.

Amy is by Largo/Calil though.

She is with Elincia. Calil may or may not be in Elincia's army and Largo has turned to stone. Because of this there are actually 3 different version of the info conversation in chapter 4-5 where the girl appears depending if Calil is with the Hawk-army, with one of the other armys or simply death.

Edited by BrightBow-User

She is with Elincia. Calil may or may not be in Elincia's army and Largo has turned to stone. Because of this there are actually 3 different version of the info conversation in chapter 4-5 where the girl appears depending if Calil is with the Hawk-army, with one of the other armys or simply death.

With death? That's an interesting way of putting it but RD never said that a creature like death existed.

Probably more appropriate to say "simply dead".

She is not by Elincia as you described.

She really lacks interaction with Elincia, if Calil is dead or in another army, Ranulf takes her place in that task.

It did sound confusing when you said little girl by Elincia's side because the only female really near Elincia normally is Lucia.

If it matters (I know it doesn't), the reason amy was described in that way is probably the fault of Yune.

In the info conversation between Yune and Stefan:

Ohhh... I thought Micaiah was the only one. She could hear my voice and sing the galdr of release. But I learned that others existed. There's that boy who's always with Ike. Or that little girl who stays by the queen of Crimea.

Presumably, she refers to Amy as such because that's how she thinks of her at this point. (Amy might or might not be with Calill, but is definitely in Elincia's group.

She really lacks interaction with Elincia, if Calil is dead or in another army, Ranulf takes her place in that task.

Kitty-Man!

Edited by SeverIan