Haiti Earthquake

Deliriyum

Colbert had a guest that mentioned a way to donate $10 using *gasp* my cell phone, which I never use even for talking.

I figured I'd do something randomly nice and actually sent the $10. I am expecting a shit ton of good karma in the form of favors from all of you.

I applaud your sentiment and hope that the money goes to help the victims.

However, in this day and age, it's just as likely that you were the victim of a scam. I hope that turns out not to be the case.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are retarded.

Please go to Haiti, stick your head in the ground, count to eleventy four, and then drop a brick on your face.

Salted cake is TERRIBLE. I'd rather eat dirt.

Yeah, because I'd actually like a salted cake. *sarcasm*

I hate cake.

My aunt and uncle went to haiti after the earthquake. We think it is the most unethical thing they have ever done, vacationing on a beach while so many people are suffering and/or dead.

Cheesecake is good.

Edited by Isaac55

You hate cake?

Even cheesecake? Come on, Soul, come on. :'c

Well...cheesecake passes the test...maybe chocolate ice cream cake, but that's all there is.

Cheesecake has sugar in it. As does Chocolate Ice Cream cake. In fact, Chocolate Ice Cream itself has sugar in it.

Colbert had a guest that mentioned a way to donate $10 using *gasp* my cell phone, which I never use even for talking.

I figured I'd do something randomly nice and actually sent the $10. I am expecting a shit ton of good karma in the form of favors from all of you.

I heard about the charities doing that on the radio.

To me it sounds like the "send a pizza to a soldier" charities I've seen before--maybe only half or less of the money you give will actually go toward the cause.

However, in this day and age, it's just as likely that you were the victim of a scam. I hope that turns out not to be the case.

The news mentioned that the "text Haiti to 90999" thing was legit today. Not to mention, Colbert's guest doesn't seem like the kind of person who would be a complete asshole like that.

If it's a scam then it could cause a huge legal issue and I'd benefit anyway. From the lulz.

Not to mention, I just did it for the positive attention! Didn't you read my last post?!

I'm not saying that it's a scam. Usually such a large proportion of the money sticks with charities like those simply because the charity is so small that they have to take a significant part of everything that comes in to pay their employees. And, of course, there are outright scams out there.

If you texted a number that was mentioned on the news, though, I'll bet it's good enough.