The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Hi guys, I was looking over this game and I noticed it didn't have a walkthrough for Ch 11+ and was wondering if a Ch 11+ walkthrough is needed.

I decided to do a small rough draft of a walkthrough for Ch 14-22, but I don't want to continue it if there was already a walkthrough since it might be a waste of time (two walkthroughs for this game is probably not needed). I already finished a super rough draft of Ch 14-22. My Fire Emblem skills are okay, and so far I'm doing pretty good without any guides so far (I still don't know the growth rates of any characters, so I'm just randomly using characters). Though while playing this game, it seems some characters seem to be way OP (Kelik and Cia seems to be one of them)! Cia is like Nino, except she joins early and level up very easily. Cia has all the pros of Nino and easy to level. Kelik feels like an improved version of Lyn in stats but without bow usage. Lyn was already good, better than Lyn feels way too broken.

Kelik 20/1 - 40 HP - 18 STR - 18 SKL - 21 SPD - 16 LUCK - 12 DEF - 7 RES

Cia 20/15 - 41 HP - 28 MAG - 19 SKL - 26 SPD - 17 LUCK - 9 DEF - 20 RES

Comparing them to Lyn and Nino's average stats at similar levels

Lyn 20/1 - 32.3 HP - 13.6 STR - 20.4 SKL - 20 SPD - 15.5 LUCK - 8.8 DEF - 10.7 RES

Nino 20/15 - 38 HP - 22.5 MAG - 25 SKL - 26 SPD - 23 LUCK - 11.4 DEF - 24.5 RES

Currently, the walkthrough I'm doing the walkthrough is for normal difficulty. So, my question is: Does this game need a walkthrough for Ch11+? If so, I'll work on that to the best of my ability in my spare time. If not, please tell me where to find a walkthrough for Ch11+.

I added a super rough draft of my walkthrough for 22 below. I have Ch 14-22 completed on microsoft word but I'm not permitted to upload it. If you guys like my walkthrough or want to give me tips on how to improve it, feel free to add some since my walkthrough is very rough right now. And oh yea, also please tell me if there is already a walkthrough for Ch11 - Ch Final.

Example Ch 22

Chapter 22: Tower of Silvos [TLPCH22]

RecommendedUnits/Items:

- Lance users

- High Luck units

- Ranged attacker for boss (recommended 19 SPD+ but anything else works too)

- High DEF units with weak attack OR High DEF unit with no weapons at all

- Weak weapons or high Wt weapons on low CON characters to lower their SPD (or you can lower their SPD by rescuing instead)

- Lots of Elixir and Vulnerary

- Healer

- Bow user with Bloody Rifle

- Mounted unit for rescuing

- Thief (in case your items get stolen)

MyDeployment:

Units I want to use:

Anakin 16/11 -> 13

Cia 20/13 -> 15

Storm 12 -> 15 w/ Bloody Rifle

Kevin 20/5 -> 7

Shon 20/5 -> 7

Units I kind of want to use:

Althares 20

Yue 19 -> 20/2

Ace 19 -> 20/2

Sai 13 -> 16

Logan 20/3

End of Chapter:

Shadow 8

Reinforcements:

Leopold (can choose to deploy or not deploy)

MyTurn Count: 24,really slow because I was taking my time with this stage.

New Units:

- Leopold – Choose to accept him at the end of Ch 21. Can choose to deploy or not to deploy if accepted.

- Shadow – Don't fight him, will join atend of chapter.

NotableSteal Loot:

- LightRune, steal from Level 5 Thief

- Lockpick,steal from Level 5 Thief

NotableOther Loot:

- Silvans(!!!)/HeavenSeal(!), Shon starts with it

- Thunderbolt or Thunder, kill Level 2 Sage

- FellContract, kill Cero

- Silver Sword, kill Level 3 Assasin

- Ocean Seal, kill Level 3 Assassin

- Wo Dao, kill Level 2 Swordmaster

- Brave Sword, Leopold comes with it

- Killing Edge/Elixir, Shadow comes with it

- Killing Edge, kill reinforcement Level 3 Assassin

- Venom Edge, kill reinforcement Level 3 Assassin

Events:

- Shadow joins at end of chapter if you didn't fight him

- Leopold joins if you accepted him in previous chapter

- Either Sage defeated or Turn 16 or unit approaches center of map (I don't know which),Cero charges

- Shon fights Cero, conversation

EnemyReinforcements:

- 2 Myrmidon from NW and NE stairs for Turn 3-6

- 2 Archers from Center W and Center E stairs for Turn 7-8

- 2 Assassins from SW and SE when Cero charges

Boss1: Cero Level 9 Assassin – WILL CHARGE

36 HP – 18 STR – 18 SKL – 22 SPD – 19 LUCK – 11 DEF– 7 RES

Items: Silver Sword, Shadow Sword, Fell Contract (dropped)

OptionalBoss2: Shadow Level 8 Assassin – WILL NOTCHARGE

34 HP – 15 STR – 22 SKL – 21 SPD – 10 LUCK – 13 DEF– 9 RES

Items: Killing Edge, Elixir

Early Game: As a helpful tip, it might be wise to lower the SPD and SKL of your tanky unit by using rescue. You want Low SPD and SKL for meat shields so they can stall forever. If you don't care about turn count, then you can send a strong unit with no weapons to block the chokepoint forever. If Shon's quest called "Reach for the Heavens" is completed, it will show up now with an upgraded Silvans. Shon will be nearly unstoppable with Silvans! Have two tanky units(preferably Lance unit) block the west and east entrance. The left should have high DEF while the rightshould have okay DEF and high LUCK because when Turn 2 comes, the enemy will send out a Swordmaster with Wo Dao to the left and an Assassin with Killing Edge to the right. One of the Thief has a Light Rune, try to steal it if you can. I recommended a tanky unit with its SPD and SKL cut in half due to rescuing to lure the Thief with Light Rune because you might risk 1 shotting him.

Late Game: As you advance, stay away from the range of theThunderbolt Sage. To obtain Thunderbolt, use Anakin to motivate a Bow user with Bloody Rifle to 1 hit KO the Sage (My Level 13 Storm had about a 50% to kill the Sage in 1 blow, so it doesn't haveto be a strong user either. Just pray tothe RNG Gods instead or use someone stronger). After defeating the Sage with Thunderbolt or Turn 16 or a unit reaches center of the map (I'm not sure what causes Cero to charge), Cero will start to charge. When Cero is charging, it would be recommended for a strong ranged unit like Shon w/ Javelin to fight him. Stay 8 spaces away from Cero, let Cero hit the ranged unit, run 6 spaces back and repeat. If you want to have more time to kill every single enemy, instead equip the Cero luring unit with a melee weapon or no weapon at all. Lure Cero all the way to Liuke if you want to be safe or for fun. When Cero is lured away, kill everything except for Shadow.

Edited by FlowyS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC all the people (all 2 of them I think lol) were in the middle of it but couldn't finish due to various stuff happening

The chapter 22 walkthrough looks great, so if you can, I would definitely appreciate a walkthrough (as it'd save me the time and well, I probably wouldn't get to writing one for like another year...). Just be wary that stats and growths are ever-changing and you probably won't be able to locate them using Nightmare Modules so you may want to think ahead in that there may have to be a small section that is like "Changelog" and covers what changes there have been to characters (e.g. Kelik is not as OP). Also be careful not to be too biased since stats are always affected by RNG! :O Aside from that I got nothing to tell you really, though if you have any questions or concerns feel free to post or e-mail me at blazer@feshrine.net (I check e-mail more often though). Again, it's up to you, but to answer your question, I don't really have anything coming, so if you want to make one, go ahead. =)

A rite, thanks! I guess I will keep working on it. I just have ch23 completed too.

Bear in mind that my walkthrough won't have everything since I basically doing this walkthrough almost blind without any previous knowledge of this game. The only thing I'm using is what http://www.feshrine.net/thelastpromise has.

So here's ch23! it's probably even more rough than ch22 hehe :P. After I'm doing done with the last chapter, I'll start polishing the guide to make it more professional.

Chapter 23: Reasoning [TLPCH23]

RecommendedUnits/Items:

- Axe users

- Magic users

- High LUCK, SPD 19+ and DEF unit w/ Silver Lance or Swordreaver (obtained fromLiquid) for boss to have him switch weapons.

- Sword Crusher for boss (obtained from secret shop)

- Strongest units (you are on a 24 turn limit here, weak units will only hinder you)

- Mounted units (units on horses or flyers) for faster mobility

- Lots of Chest Keys and Lockpicks.

- One Door Key for W chests.

- Lancereaver.

- Killing Edge for boss (if you are feeling lucky)

- Member Card for secret shop (7N8E of Throne,blue square on NE corner of castle)

My Deployment:

Units I want to use:

Siegfried 19

Storm 15

Anakin 16/13

Shon 20/7

Kevin 20/7

Inanna 20/3

Kelik 20/1

Units I kind of want to use:

Althares 20

Sai 16

Arthur 11

Emma 20/8

Mark 20/4

Yue 20/2

Ace 20/2

Units I'm only deploying for chests:

Shadow 8

Reinforcements

Alice 3

MyTurn Count: 23

NewUnits:

- Shadow – Join if you didn't fight him inCh22. Can choose to deploy or not todeploy.

- Alice - Automatic

NotableSteal Loot:

- Elixir,steal from Level 16 Soldier

NotableOther Loot:

- Killing Edge/Elixir, Shadow comes with it

- Shadow Sword(!) or Silver Sword, kill Ivan

- Steel Lance, kill Level 18 Knight

- Door Key, kill Level 19 Knight

- Chest Key, kill Level 12 Mage

- Emblem Axe(!), kill Level 7 Warrior

- Angelic Robe, kill Level 4 Hero

- Silver Lance/Wind Sword/Elixir, Alice comes with it

- Dragonshield,right NW chest

- Animate Seal, left NW chest

- Brave Axe, right Center chest

- Bloody Rifle, S chest

- Eclipse,right W chest

- Adamant Lance, left W chest

Events:

- Chapter23x, automatic

- Alice joins at start

- Shadow joins if you

- Kill Warrior with Emblem Axe, get Emblem Axe. 4 Emblem Weapons are required to access Ch 23xx

- Secret shop(!), on blue tile on the NE corner of the castle. Cords 8E 7N of Throne

SecretShop:

- Mythril Blade – 1250

- Sword Crusher – 2200

- Tomahawk– 3000

- Short Bow – 1760

- Longbow– 2000

- Hero's Flare – 2250

- Divine– 2500

- Physic– 3750

- Elixir– 3000

- Secret Book – 8000

- Heroslayer– 5700

EnemyReinforcements:

- Level5 Thief from W for Turn 8. (will head N).

Boss: Ivan Level 15 Swordmaster

55 HP – 19+2 STR – 23 SKL – 20 SPD – 14 LUCK – 16DEF – 16 RES

Items: Shadow Sword, Silver Sword (dropped)

EarlyGame:

You have to complete this stage in 24 turns or theenemy will overwhelm you with their reinforcements. So proceed quickly! Don't forget you can rescue slower units with higher mobilityunits.

Turn 1 – Buy some stuff if youwant, charge with your tanky or strong unit first. The unpromoted enemies usually don't match upas your promoted units so use that to your advantage (though your advantageisn't that big, their unpromoted units are fairly strong). However, beware of enemy promoted units andenemy weapons with high crit rate. Hopeyou prayed to your RNG God today because it might be needed. As you advance, be careful of the Level 4Sniper with a Bloody Rifle, use a high Def unit to tank it. Remember that time is of the essence, so itmight be wise to take some risks just to move faster. Though it's up to you to decide if you wantto take risks in favor of moving forward.

By Turn 8, an enemy thief will try spawn and head north to take thechests. To take the NW chests and theEmblem Axe, move about a Thief and 1-2 more units to it. Move the rest of your forces toward the boss,Ivan. By Turn 10, the enemy Thief wouldbe looting the NW chests. Use Anakin tomotivate your own Thief to steal the enemy Thief's Lockpick (and everythingelse later) and then block the enemy Thief from escaping. Alternatively, just kill the Thief in 1 turnwithout provoking the Mage on the left NW chest or just kill the Thief on Turn9 or less if you don't want another Lockpick. By Turn 13, I got both NW chests.

Late Game: Use the power of rescue andmotivate to quickly charge your entire army. It might be also noted that you can probably ignore weak enemies infavor of charging faster. A level 15 Mercenary'spitful 20 ATK can probably be ignored. If you have tons of cash, you can check out the Secret Shop, it has some really cool stuff if you have money justpouring out of you. If you don't, youcan always sell a Fell Contract for a cool 25k cash. Pick up the E Center chest on your way there to Ivan.

About 2/3 of the way to Ivan,there is a Cappricio General. It is bestto use a high DEF unit or Lancereaver against it. Cappricio has crazy crit but low hit as itsweakness. After luring the CappricioGeneral, use a Magic user to quickly melt that General. At Ivan's place, there is a Halberdier withDrizzle. Drizzle is basically a Spearwith higher crit but lower hit. I recommended to use Lancereavers or Axesagainst it. Grab the W and S chests, useeither Lances or Swordreaver against Ivan. Before attacking Ivan, kill the Bishop Healer first. If you want the Shadow Sword, let Ivan switch weapon first, then kill him. I figure you will probably be looting thechest and killing Ivan at the same time. Send about 2-3 units for the W and S chests, and send everyone else to Ivan.

I was RNG screwed probably becauseI forgot to pray and Mark got critted onthe first turn against Ivan! (SilverSword Ivan had 13 Mt, 57 Hit, and 20Crit against Swordreaver Mark, leaving Mark with 12/51 HP. Seriously, 12% chance to crit and he crits?! Curse the RNG Gods!). To defeat Ivan, use Range attacks when Ivan switches to Silver Sword and use 19 SPD+ High DEF characters with Swordreaver or Lances when Ivan switches to Shadow Sword. Shon w/ Silvas, Kelik w/ Killing Edge can also be used if you are felling lucky. On Turn 18, I killed Ivan with Swordreaver Mark and Silvas Shon. You don't have to be like me, killing Ivan on Turn 24 is more than fine already it's a sucessful victory! On turn 20, I got all the chests. On the rest of the turns, I just heal and motivate for more exp. If you are running out of turns quickly, forget about chests and go for Ivan. You won't be missing a lot, check out for loot for yourself.

Edited by FlowyS

It's just a hack, so I wouldn't worry too much about the professionalism. As long as the information is there, people will have relatively little excuse not to be able to play the game in its entirety. Though, you may want to space out the last paragraph a teeny bit more. XP

Wow just finished Ch24 walkthrough and did it take a while for me to formulate a plan that can be applied and have all units survive. Seriously, you might want to tone down the difficulty of Ch 24! It is pretty hard and most people without a guide won't be prepared.

I'll post the Ch24 walkthrough a bit later. It's really long because I went into great detail about that chapter due to its insane difficulty.

Ch 24 rough Walkthrough

Chapter 24: The Depths of Darkness [TLPCH24]

RecommendedUnits/Items:

- 2 Sources of Light (Illuminate Staff and one Assassin. Hammerne can be used to fix Illuminate Staffs if you are running low on them.)

- Anti-Wyvern and Anti-Horse weapons.

- Silver weapons or better

- Tomahawk

- Reaver weapons

- Brave weapons (this includes Hero's Flare)

- Especially High critical weapons (Killer,Drizzle, Chainsaw)

- High speed units that can 2x attack

- One tanky unit w/ Anti-horse weapon for Nomad

- Long distance magics (Ray, Thunderbolt, Eclipse)

- Physic

- Mounted unit to rescue Nana

- Your strongests units

- Elixir and Vulnerary

- Ether Sphere or other stat up items (Ether Sphere is obtained in 23xx and gives +10HP and +3 All Stats)

- Suicidal Units and One-shot if you are really struggling.

MyDeployment:

Units I want to level:

Anakin 16/17 -> 18 Radiance, Ray, Heal, Vulnerary

Kelik 20/4 -> 5 Brave Sword, Flamberge, KillingEdge, Brave Sword, Elixir

Shon 20/10 -> 12 Silvas, Piercing Sword, Drizzle, Elixir

Siegfried 19 Nothung, Silver Lance, Horseslayer, Javelin, Vulnerary

Storm 20/3 -> 4 Stormbringer, Silver Bow, Bloody Rifle, Iron Sword, Vulnerary

Inanna 20/6 -> 7 Spear,Emblem Blade, Delphi Shield, Silver Lance, Torch

Cia 20/15 -> 16 Fire, Thunder, Hero's Flare, Heal, Vulnerary

Tamiko 20/13 -> 14 Heal,Physic, Hammerne, Lightning, Vulnerary

Kevin 20/8 -> 9 Adamant Lance, Drizzle, Emblem Axe, Hand Axe, Elixir

Units I kind of want to level:

Mark 20/8 -> 9 Brave Axe, Chainsaw, Tomahawk, Swordslayer, Elixir

Yue 20/6 -> 7 Flux, Illuminate, Solstice, Heal, Vulnerary

Logan 20/3 -> 4 Divine Sword, Phoenicis, Wo Dao, Lancereaver, Elixir

Emma 20/10 -> 11 Thunder,Elfire, Mend, Vulnerary

Sai 20/2 -> 3 Silver Axe, Dragon Axe, Hand Axe, Emblem Bow, Elixir

Units I'm only using for this stage:

Shadow 8 Killing Edge, Silver Sword, Wind Sword, Lancereaver, Vulneary

MyTurn Count: 8

NewUnits:

- Nana – Talk with Siegfried

NotableOther Loot:

- Fenrir/Eclipse/Elixir,recruit Nana

- Dasher,kill Level 5 Sage

- Brave Axe or Brave Sword, kill Level 5 Hero

- Wo Dao, kill Level 5 Swordmaster

- Aircalibur,kill Level 5 Valkyrie

- Brave Bow or Winter Bow, kill Level 5 Sniper

Events:

- Siegfriedt alks to Nana, Nana joins

- Shon fights Fenix, conversation

- Kelik fights Fenix, conversation

- Turn1 – Valkyrie charges, Sniper Charges, Warrior charges, Falcoknight charges,Berserker charges, and Wyvern Lord charges. They will continue to charge next turn and will never retreat. Do or die!

Enemies:

Condensed version

N – Valkyrie

NE –Halberdier, Falcoknight, Wyvern Lord, and Sniper

E – Nomad Trooper

SE - Warrior

SW – Pirate

W– Sage, Druid, Bishop, and Paladin

NW– Boss, Hero, Swordmaster

Coordinate System: For this map, I am going to use a coordinate system because this map requiresvery precise tactics since a difference between 1 square could be thedifference between life and death. Thecoordinate system starts with (1,1) on the SW corner and goes to (21,21) on theNE corner. For example, a unit 3 eastand 5 north of the SW corner would be (3,5).

Full version

- Level 5 Halberdier 43HP-22STR-18SKL-17DEF-18RES-6MOVE-2RNG @ NE (15,13) w/ Sword Crusher and Javelin.

- Level 5 Nomad Trooper 43HP-20STR-20SKL-21SPD-15DEF-15RES-8MOVE-3RNG @ E (21,11) w/ Killer Bow and Longbow

- Level 5 Druid 39HP-22MAG-16SKL-17SPD-13DEF-20RES-6MOVE-2RNG @ W (7,6) w/ Solstice and Nosferatu

- Level 5 Sage 44HP-22MAG-19SKL-19SPD-17DEF-19RES-6MOVE-2RNG@ W (7,10) w/ Dasher(dropped)

- Level 5 Warrior 53HP-24STR-19SKL-19SPD-15DEF-13RES-6MOVE-2RNG @ SE corner (21,1) w/ Tomahawk and Swordreaver

- Level 5 Pirate 51HP-23STR-21SKL-20SPD-15DEF-12RES-6MOVE-2RNG @ SW corner (1,1) w/ Killer Axe and Tomahawk

- Level 5 Paladin 48HP-20STR-18SKL-20SPD-17DEF-16RES-8MOVE-2RNG @ W (3,9) w/ Spear, Silver Sword, and Halberd

- Level 5 Bishop 42HP-19MAG-17SKL-17SPD-12DEF-23RES-6MOVE-2RNG @ W (1,10) w/ Valumin and Physic

- Level 5 General 45HP-23STR-17SKL-15SPD-24DEF-16RES-5MOVE-2RNG @ W (3,12) w/ Heavy Spear and Short Spear

- Level 5 Swordmaster 46HP-20STR-26SKL-25SPD-18DEF-13RES-6MOVE-1RNG @ W (2,15) w/ Wo Dao(dropped)

- Level 5 Hero 49HP-21STR-24SKL-23SPD-22DEF-14RES-6MOVE-1RNG @ NW (5,17) w/ Brave Sword and Brave Axe(dropped)

- Level 5 Valkyrie 42HP-19MAG-17SKL-22SPD-16DEF-23RES-8MOVE-2RNG @ N (14,21) w/Aircalibur(dropped)

- Level 5 Wyvern Lord 50HP-25STR-19SKL-20SPD-20DEF-14RES-8MOVE-2RNG @ NE (18,20) w/ Adamant Lance and Javelin

- Level 5 Falcoknight 42HP-20STR-22SKL-22SPD-15DEF-17RES-8MOVE-2RNG@ NE (20,18) w/ Silver Lance, Silver Sword, Elixir

- Level 5 Sniper 49HP-22STR-18SPD-17DEF-14RES-6MOVE-2RNG @ NE (21,21) w/ Brave Bow and Winter Bow(dropped)

- Boss @ NW (1,20)

Boss: Fenix Level 17 Slayer – Located at NW Corner(1,20) - WILL NOT CHARGE

65 HP – 30 STR – 26 SKL – 22 SPD – 8 LUCK – 18 DEF –15 RES

Items: Nirvana (a very powerful sword that can attack from a distance).

EarlyGame: It is extremely recommended to first check out whereevery single enemy is at. I have provided exact location on every enemy in this chapter and knowledge of them and their weakness is key to beating this chapter. Bring all your best weapons as if this is the final chapter because it will feel like that. To start, first deploy put a Magic and Tomahawk user NE to 1 hit KO Halberdier. Put a tanky unit E to block Nomad. Put a mounted unit and a ranged attacker w/ Elixir SE, one to rescue Nana and the other to fight Warrior. Have 2 users capable of doing serious damage to the Sage and Druid on W. Don't forget to deploy an Assassin and bring an Illuminate Staff.

Turn 1 – first Illuminate the west area to reveal Sage and Druid, then move Assassin NE to reveal Halberdier, but keep theAssassin out of Nomad's range because Nomad could 1 hit KO your Assassin if he crits. KO both the Sage and Druid, rescue any unit out of General and Bishop's range, and heal any unit that could die from Paladin. Use Magic user to heavily damage Halberdier,then move Tomahawk user 1W of Halberdier and attack. I move the Tomahawk user 1W of Halberdier so that it will lure the Wyvern Lord. Move the tanky unit to block the Nomad from hitting your other units. Have mounted unit rescue Nana, and then run it out of Nomad and Warrior's range. Have the other SE ranged attacker w/ Elixir move to where Nana was to fight the Warrior. For the other units you have, send one ready to attack Nomad next turn and the rest to NE to prepare for Falcoknight and WyvernLord, but watch out for Nomad's range. The enemy will have Nomad attack tanky unit, Wyvern Lord attack Tomahawk, Warrior attack SE unit, and Paladin attack someone in range in range.

Turn 2 – Illuminate the SE corner to reveal Archer, Falcoknight, and Wyvern Knight. Use Assassinto reveal Nomad. Kill the Paladinwith a sword because it will get attacked by Berserker next turn. Long range magic such as Thunderbolt, Eclipse, and Ray might be helpful here. Try your best to kill the Falcoknight and Wyvern Lord and then have a unit block the Archer that can take at least 2 attacks if either Falcoknight or Wyvern Lord is alive. Magic is strong vs Wyvern Lords and Bows are strong vs Flyers in general. Kill the Nomad with a strong attack with your units, but beware of Warrior's range. Have the SE unit move to forest to lure the Warrior away from your main force and use an Elixir if injured. If Paladin died, Wyvern Lord died, and Nomad died (if more died, then even better!) then the enemy will only will attack with Berserker, Warrior, Archer, and Falcoknight.

Turn 3 – Illuminate the NW corner to reveal a Valkyrie, General, Hero, Swordmaster. Kill Berserker, Archer, and Falcoknight. Use a unit to lure the General but keep it out of Bishop's range. Send 1 unit to help with the Warrior. If you hadn't done it yet, use Siegfried to talk to Nana.

Turn 4 – Kill the General, kill Warrior, and lure the Valkyrie.

For the rest of the turns, just slowly inch withyour high DEF units against the Swordmaster and Hero. The Hero and Swordmaster can be defeated byeither attacking first or have a high DEF unit tank those two. For the boss, use Lances (like Drizzle and KIller Lance) and Swordreaver/slayers. The boss has a very high ATK, but he is slowed by his weapon so use that to your advantage. The chapter will end when the boss is defeated

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To further help you since I know this is a very difficult chapter, I included an example of what I did for this chapter.

My turn 1 – Yue Illuminates W, Shadow reveals Halberdier. Shon Drizzles Sage, Sage fights back. Inanna Spears Sage, Sage dies. Tamiko heals Shon. Kelik Killing Edges Druid, Druid dies from crit. Emma Thunders Halberdier, then Mark Tomahawks it to death. Kevin moves to block Nomad. Storm rescues Nana, Anakin motivates Storm,Storm drops Nana then heads NE. Siegfried talks to Nana, then heads NE. Liuke moves near Nana, Nana grabs Heal and Flux from Liuke. Cia moves to engage Nomad. Sai heads NE.

My Enemy Turn 1– Warrior Tomahawks Logan. Logan Divine Swords back. Nomad moves to forest and Longbows Kevin. Paladin Spears Kelik. Wyvern Lord tries to Javelin Mark but misses, Mark Tomahawks back. Bishop Valumins Inanna, Inanna is poisoned, but she fights back and 2 shots the Bishop.

My Turn 2 – Shadow moves to reveal Nomad, Yue Illuminates NE and reveals Falcoknight, Wyvern Lord, and Sniper. Liuke moves to reveal Berserker. Shon Piercing Swords Paladin, it crits and Paladin dies. Anakin heals Kelik, Kelik Brave Swords Berserker, it crits and Berserker dies. Sai Dragon Axes Wyvern Lord, and Wyvern Lord Javelins Sai. Mark goes to block Archer for Sai and Tomahawks Falcoknight, it crits and Falcoknight dies. Emma goes to Thunder Sniper, it crits and Sniper dies. Storm Stormbringer Wyvern Lord, it dies. Cia Hero's Flare Nomad, it dies. Logan moves to forest and uses Elixir. At this point most of the enemies have died and then I just proceed toward the boss later on. I was also really lucky on this chapter witha lot of crits so praying to the RNG God helps too!

Edited by FlowyS

I don't recall having much of a problem at all with 24? If I recall correctly I actually found it one of the easier chapters...

To be more accurate, I guess I was saying it was hard because it is hard when a player first try to complete it. However, if they know the map and the location of every single enemy, it becomes much much easier. The insane difficulty is meant for people who just tried Ch24 for the first time. I would assume that people who are knowledgeable about Ch24 can win (or even easily win).

I try to make my guide appeal to people who aren't pro in Fire Emblem tactics. So that even if they aren't very skilled, they can still beat the chapter. I usually think it's better to make a game easier so it appeals to more people. :)

Also, I am deliberately using random characters (not using characters who have the best growths, and use bad characters like my RNG screwed Arthur w/ 7 SPD who was Level 13 in Ch23), and a lot of characters so my exp is more divided than it is focused (I'm using 4 main characters + 14 other units). If I'm serious, I will only use about 10 units max. I also did not any stat up (though I messed up early on and gave Cia +5 HP, Shon +2 Res, and Inanna +2 Def), but the majority of my characters don't have any stat ups. I also forced myself to never lose a single unit and make sure my walkthrough does the same.

Also, Ch24 is posted.

You think Chapter 24 is bad? Chapter 25 is easily the hardest level in the hack.

I'll see about that :)

Edited by FlowyS

If the game is hard because of YOUR OWN HANDICAPS, that's YOUR fault. In FE, using the items you're given to your advantage, e.g. stat-ups, is expected, losing units is also expected, as is trying to evenly distribute experience and also restarting chapters is ALSO natural. I've already nerfed the difficulty of the game several times and now it's piss easy. If I make it any easier, I'd just be insulting everyone's intelligence. The enemies were all supposed to be stronger than your own, forcing you to approach the chapter defensively as if though you were being attacked by a bunch of bosses. Now they're much easier and you can even one-round some of the enemies. Rana also got buffed though if he dies, that's reasonable.

My point being that even though the chapter is SUPPOSED to be hard (there is high plot justification on top of the fact that the main gimmick of the chapter is the fact that there are a limited # of units but they're all strong, i.e. quality versus quantity), it's much easier than it used to be, and making it any easier so that people can beat it with their self-induced handicaps etc. would just ruin the point IMO. I think it's normal, in video games, to get stuck on bosses, have to restart the game, and to some level, lose units (though in most games, you don't lose them forever), grind, and use those awesome items that you like to save with the hope of never having to actually use it because it's too good to lose lol.

And for the record, I got several opinions on the matter aside from my own and also accounted for the fact that even someone who got RNG screwed should be able to beat the game without having to restart though don't expect such mercy on Chaos mode.

Chapter 25? THAT thing needs nerfing (and I've simply yet to release the updated patch) as there is both quality and quantity and it's a bit much, especially if one lost one of their better units on chapter 24. XP

Also, I mean no offense to anyone in defending my choice of difficulty and you are free to counter-argue but just don't go overboard it's just a stupid hack ^_^'

I mean your hack's difficulty to me isn't that hard. I just mean it for the average person who beat Eliwood normal mode and is now trying out your hack on normal difficulty and that is what I'm saying when I mean insane difficulty. Sorry if I offended you. For the second time, to me it isn't that hard :P. Even with all the penalties I forced myself, I manage to pretty much kill everything in Ch24 on Turn 2 and not lose a single unit (my guide shows this if you wanna read how I did it). I also grab all the sidequests, gaidens, and all the items recorded in my walkthrough.

If someone loves hard difficulty, then your hack would attract them. However, the average person who beat Eliwood normal mode with a bit of difficulty will probably do very poorly on your hack and probably give up after a few chapter or so.

The game's harder than normal, but that's not saying much because the original games were rather easy at normal difficulty (like, "I can beat the game with 3 characters" easy), and very few people who would play a Fire Emblem hack would have a hard time beating something like ENM. Granted, I might make an easy mode earlier, but I don't want to make Normal Mode easy, as that would ruin many of the gameplay elements I had worked on balancing etc.--i.e. I'm okay with Easy Mode being unbalanced in favor of the ally, but not Normal Mode. Similarly, if Chaos Mode is unbalanced and is extremely difficult, which it will be, that's also okay, because that's the intention of it. To me, the difficulty of FE7 and FE8's normal modes were imbalanced and too easy, and so my hack differs based on my thoughts/experiences. I'm sorry if you don't agree, though. :(

Anyhow, guess what?

THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN!

13.PNG14.PNG

15.PNG16.PNG

17.PNG18.PNG

19.PNG20.PNG

I'm accepting donations for better Star tiles, you have like 4 colors for each star (there are 3 in one row of colors/palette) + the 2 shared colors + black + transparent color available for any one star

EDIT: http://www.thelastpromise.net - Contains more info/ranting as usual

Edited by Burning Gravity

Just what..?

I don't even imagine how you did those special tiles, they look great. ^_^

Also about the difficulty, I find interesting having a hack which is challenging. The original games are enough mainstream and easy if you want, so those in search of a good hack would also seek for a challenge, in my opinion.

I honestly found TLP easy for the first 15 chapters, medium for 16-23 and hard from 24, but it's okay like this.. I liked the difficulty...

yes, so very easy, and yet no one has made a tutorial or shared how [/sarcasm]

but what I did was make an ASM hack to change the name and then just change the graphics of an existing tileset and stuff... the tileset is very, very basic, so it wasn't TOO hard to make, and I used an existing one as a base, but to change the text of the tiles I had to do the ASM hack to make it use a completely different list (as I don't know how to change which tile each one is and stuff or what text it uses normally, so I just changed the entire LIST of texts...). I could probably figure out how tilesets work eventually but for me this was the easiest solution as I don't like having to be the one to do tons of research, find information, and then share it in an interpretable format >_>'

Granted, I might make an easy mode earlier, but I don't want to make Normal Mode easy, as that would ruin many of the gameplay elements I had worked on balancing etc.--i.e. I'm okay with Easy Mode being unbalanced in favor of the ally, but not Normal Mode. Similarly, if Chaos Mode is unbalanced and is extremely difficult, which it will be, that's also okay, because that's the intention of it. To me, the difficulty of FE7 and FE8's normal modes were imbalanced and too easy, and so my hack differs based on my thoughts/experiences. I'm sorry if you don't agree, though. :(

I like it when a lot of people can play a game :), thank you for making an easy mode soon.

And in other news, I tried out Ch 26 25 and beat it, but not that well. I missed the 7000 gold chest, had Storm get killed by a Prism Sword because it does more dmg as a physical attack, and only completed in 29 turns. I'll try again and hopefully have a better turn count next time. Ch 26 25 walkthrough might take a while to make.

Also, first time I seen purple units.

-----

edit: Woops, I mean Ch 25. Also, why does Lanmark have 68+20 Avoid? It seems very awakward for a General to have so much SPD and LUCK that he dodges like a Pegasus Knight (a very manly Pegasus Knight, yes very manly indeed). His SKL is also compared to most Swordmasters at 27. First General I have ever seen with that high SKL, SPD, and LUCK. True terror!

Edited by FlowyS

So far, I'm trying to beat Ch 25 in the best way possible and I'm trying to think of every single good weapon that is effective VS Lanmark. Since I don't know every single weapon in the game, I want to ask for help if there are any other weapons that I can use against Lanmark that isn't listed here. Anything would be of great help.

Most of my characters have around 20 Str and 20 Mag. The only ones with bigger than that are Anakin 21, Mark 21, Inanna 23 but 8 con and 21 SPD, Kevin 23 but 19 SPD, Yue 23 but 20 SPD, Lirin 21 but 15 SPD and 7 con, Tamiko 24 but 18 SPD. The only one that can a lot of damage is probably Cia with 29 MAG, 26 SPD, and 6 con. Everyone else has 20STR or less.

The Big (maybe incomplete) list of stuff to kill Lanmark with.

If character's AS is 28 or higher, double the Damage.

----------------------------------------------------------

Physical Attacks - All physical damage is reduced by 26.

Weapons for use against Tomahawk: For every point of STR greater than 20, add 1 to Dmg. For every point less than 20, subtract 1 Dmg.

Onigiri - 4? Mt, 45 Hit, 8 Wt: 20 STR = 25 Dmg

Armor Cutter - (8)*2 Mt, 80 Hit, 11 Wt: 20 STR = 8 - 12 Dmg

Brave Sword - 9 Mt, 75 Hit, 12 Wt: 20 STR = 4 - 8 Dmg,gain/lose 2 Dmg per STR

Silver Sword - 13 Mt, 80 Hit, 8 Wt: 20 STR = 6 - 8 Dmg

Axereaver - 10 Mt, 70 Hit, 11 Wt: 20 STR = 2 - 6 Dmg

Mythril Blade - 12 Mt, 70 Hit, 11 Wt: 20 STR = 5 - 7 Dmg

Phoenicis - 10 Mt, 90 Hit, 9 Wt: 20 STR = 3 - 5 Dmg

Venom Edge - 3 Mt, 70 Hit, 6 Wt: 20 STR = Poisons target

Weapons for use against Spear

Cleave Axe - 0 Mt, 55 Hit, 13 Wt: 20 STR = 0 - 38 Dmg

Hammer - (10)*2 Mt, 55 Hit, 15 Wt: 20 STR = 16

Lancereaver - 9 Mt, 75 Hit 9 Wt: 20 STR = 1 - 5 Dmg

Devil Axe - 18 Mt, 55 Hit, 18 Wt: 20 STR = 11 - 14 Dmg,(31-LUCK)% backfire.

Silver Axe - 15 Mt, 70 Hit, 12 Wt: 20 STR = 8 - 10 Dmg

Brave Axe - 10 Mt, 65 Hit, 16 Wt: 20 STR = 6 - 10 Dmg,gain/lose 2 Dmg per STR

Tomahawk - 13 Mt, 65 Hit, 14 Wt: 20 STR = 6 - 8 Dmg

Weapons for use against Spear

Adamant lance - 15 Mt, 75-15 Hit, 14 Wt: 20 STR = 8 - 9 Dmg

Silver Lance - 14 Mt, 75-15 Hit, 10 Wt: 20 STR = 7 - 8 Dmg

Spear - 12 Mt, 70-15 Hit, 10 Wt: 20 STR = 5 - 6 Dmg

Other weapons

Silver Bow - 13 Mt, 75 Hit, 6 Wt: 20 STR = 7 Dmg

Brave Bow - 10 Mt, 70 Hit, 12 Wt: 20 STR = 4 Dmg, gain/lose 2 Dmg per STR

Sonic shot - 9 Mt, 90 hit, 7 Wt: ???? (29 ATK - 26 DEF)

Super Rifle - 14 Mt, 65 Hit, 16 Wt: 20 STR = 8 Dmg

Stormbringer - 10 Mt, 75 Hit, 8 Wt: 20 STR = 4 Dmg,+ 2 Spd

Magical Attacks - All magical damage is reduced by 17.

Dasher - 18 Mt, 55 Hit, 14 Wt: 20 MAG = 21 Dmg

Hero's Flare - 6 Mt, 75 Hit, 5 Wt: 20 MAG = 18 Dmg, gain/lose 2 Dmg per STR

Fimbulvetr - 13 Mt, 80 Hit, 12 Wt: 20 MAG = 16 Dmg

Elfire - 10 Mt, 85 Hit, 10 Wt: 20 MAG = 13 Dmg

Aircalibur - 8 Mt, 85 Hit, 2 Wt: 20 MAG = 11 Dmg

Thunder - 8 Mt, 80 Hit, 6 Wt: 20 MAG = 11 Dmg

Fire - 5 Mt, 90 Hit, 4 wt: 20 MAG = 9 Dmg

Lightning - 4 Mt, 95 Hit, 4 Wt: 20 MAG = 8 Dmg

Radiance - 6 Mt, 90 Hit, 8 Wt: 20 MAG = 10 Dmg

Divine - 8 Mt, 85 Hit, 12 Wt: 20 Mag = 12 Dmg

Solstice - 0 Mt, 80 Hit, 12 Wt: 20 MAG = 20 Dmg

Flux - 7 Mt, 80 Hit, 8 Wt: 20 MAG = 11 Dmg

Nosferatu - 10 Mt, 70 Hit, 14 Wt: 20 MAG = 14 Dmg

Fenrir - 15 Mt, 70 Hit, 18 Wt: 20 MAG = 19 Dmg

Valenst - 23 Mt, 80 Hit, 20 Wt: 20 MAG = 27 Dmg

Winter Bow - 12 Mt, 70 Hit, 15 Wt: 20 STR = 15 Dmg

Edited by FlowyS

I found that chapter easy to turtle through, but in LTC it would be a bitch.

Lanmark required Itsuke, Mark, Kelik, and some Levion to kill him.

Also, I haven't found much use for Ace/Rex/Kevin. Due to a combo of low move/Lances not hitting as hard and the wt setting their AS back a bit.

Also, I haven't found much use for Ace/Rex/Kevin. Due to a combo of low move/Lances not hitting as hard and the wt setting their AS back a bit.

aceswild.PNG

I dunno, he stomped ass pretty good for me :p

With the Boots, I was able to keep Kevin useful all the way to ch. 26, but the poor guy just gets slaughtered beyond that unless, I imagine, he gets as RNG blessed as Ace here.

Ace and Rex aren't exactly fantastic, but I've found that Kevin is really good. Namely, having Siegfried's mode lets him gain a great level advantage and has access to a Speedwings and buyable Angelic Robes. I gave him the early Boots, so Kevin becomes extremely valuable in the early chapters, and doesn't let up. He just wants those Boots.

I like the difficulty on The Last Promise, with the exception of Lanmark and the final boss. There is a big difference between difficulty and just waiting an hour to clear a chapter for an annoying boss. Lanmark wasn't fun at all to fight. :/

Though supports will help fix a lot of the issues, once they're implemented. ^_^

I have to say I preferred the level of difficulty before you nerfed several chapters.

That's why I have yet to complete this thing yet. Have already restarted twice...

Blazer, I'm drawing my own world map in paint. Just black and white shit pencil, but it helps me visualize where the story travels without needing to memorize everything every time. You would still have to do all the coding/inserting yourself, since I have zero skill hacking