The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Does Chapter 7x have new conditions to unlock? I can't access it after beating Chapter 7; just goes straight to 8. :/

That seems to be a problem with the beta patch. It should be fine in the 1.3 patch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really starting to get a sense of the depth of this hack after looking at the Secrets. Incredible work, Blazer.

By the way, I'm getting this weird glitch on 13B where I wait too long (28 turns) and a Sage and two Mages show up, and then my game freezes. I restarted, and the next time it happened, I got something about BIOS? I'm assuming an event was supposed to happen, but didn't. Anyone know how to fix this?

Why 28 turns? Was getting EXP. My Eduardo was going to be the next Siegfried.

Hi,

That's a glitch that I was unfortunately unable to properly fix--it reoccured for some reason and has been fixed now, but I haven't released a proper patch fixing it... Meaning until I do, you'll have to beat chapter 13B in under 28 turns.

Hopefully I will fix it soon though (within the next few weeks) and release a proper patch, in which case you could update your ROM and continue from there without issue (though it may be a little bit boring to wait that long).

My apologies for the inconvenience, you must have worked hard and I'm sorry about that. =(

Regards,

Burning Gravity

I am really starting to get a sense of the depth of this hack after looking at the Secrets. Incredible work, Blazer.

By the way, I'm getting this weird glitch on 13B where I wait too long (28 turns) and a Sage and two Mages show up, and then my game freezes. I restarted, and the next time it happened, I got something about BIOS? I'm assuming an event was supposed to happen, but didn't. Anyone know how to fix this?

Why 28 turns? Was getting EXP. My Eduardo was going to be the next Siegfried.

Yeah, I got it too on my recent playthrough. I remember having to use Eduardo with Charge and RNG manipulate two 40% or so hits to do so. It's a good thing Eduardo was close to the boss when it happened. Glad it's fixed again.

Edited by Taku

So... playing this (It's awesome - almost as good at normal Fe7) and I see this guy.

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Pictures/Tactics%20Universe%20%28Dem%20Splices!%29/MY%20LIFE%20IS%20COMPLETE.PNG

Holy damn this is the best splice ever.

Edited by removermover

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally made some progress on fixing those bugs.

See the blog for all the juicy details.

http://www.thelastpromise.net

Be nice

EDIT: can someone please help me get the spoiler tag on the first page working?

I've never felt so challenged when it came to using forums b4, mod or someone who isn't nub like me plz halp

Edited by Burning Gravity

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that. If you need help, you can find sidequest information at http://www.feshrine.net/thelastpromise/sidequests.html and chapter requirement guides (for sidequest chapters/paralogues) at http://www.feshrine.net/thelastpromise/chapters.html.

There isn't too much to do in part 1 (often referred to as "Siegfried's Mode" because he's the only one who can seize there, but technically Kelik, Sieg, AND Anakin can all seize in part 2, and they're all somewhat major characters) so hopefully if you decide to replay it you can tackle them the next time.

Also, I apologize in advance if chapter 7x isn't working, I still can't figure out why it's not.

Regards,

Blazer

lol surprised no one noticed that (EDIT: I mean before now, and maybe someone noticed and didn't tell *shrug*)

that must have been from AGES ago when I used find/replace to replace "Wil" with "Shuuda", meaning "wild" became "Shuudad"

lol

alltext.txt

oh man those were some days

I'll prob wait a while before I fix it since it takes about 1 minute to fix it and 20 minutes to make the new patch and everything XD

Edited by Burning Gravity

lol surprised no one noticed that (EDIT: I mean before now, and maybe someone noticed and didn't tell *shrug*)

that must have been from AGES ago when I used find/replace to replace "Wil" with "Shuuda", meaning "wild" became "Shuudad"

lol

alltext.txt

oh man those were some days

I'll prob wait a while before I fix it since it takes about 1 minute to fix it and 20 minutes to make the new patch and everything XD

I can't really tell why, but this made me ROFL, especially after two posts about dead languages.

i have a question about the constellation. is the eighth star suppose to be unbeatable? it says defeat enemy but every time i kill one, another one spawns on the map. does this eventually stop, or doing just slog through incredibly durable enemies for 40 tedious minutes.

Hey there,

Here's how the chapter works IIRC (spoilered because it's something people might want to experience themselves):

[spoiler=Eighth Star]Every time you kill an enemy, a random new one respawns, yes--this makes it very hard to push, especially with the enemies being as tough as they are. However, this stops after a certain # of turns (it might be 8 or 10... I'm leaning towards 12, but I'm not sure as I haven't played TLP in ages and don't feel like checking now), so if you just sit back in the starting room and play it defensively, you can push without much worry afterwards.

In other words, yes, it should eventually stop, but the game mechanic allows you to approach it how you wish, either slowly pushing through enemies and making map progress but little else, or perhaps "farming" enemies for money and experience (I'm pretty sure you make -decent- money off the enemies in that chapter as well, giving extra motivation to actually fight them early on, especially if you're aware of the gimmick).

Uh, I'm pretty sure I downloaded 2.0 final, but there are old bugs that still exist, like 7x not working, typos, and Howard's glitchy description. Supports exist and are increased quickly, which is great, but Ben and Emma's A support is odd as they start speaking each other's lines halfway through. At chapter 18 now, and I am wondering what the support list is, as I currently have to use trial and error to find out supports. Quirky errors aside, this is still a great hack and I'm happy to see it finished.

I'm also unsure of how long this bug existed, but Fighting of the Spirit's sound gets screwy on loop.

Hi there,

Just 2.0 not 2.0 final, lol, nothing's final yet ;)

@7x not working it works sometimes and doesn't others, it's already mentioned in the online issues report. For typos, you need to be more specific. For descriptions, it's a weird re-occuring glitch. I can't explain why it happens, I only know that certain descriptions along with Marion's portrait get screwed up after some time. If I have time I'll repoint them to empty slots and see if that fixes it. @A support, please add it to the report or I can almost guarantee I won't remember to fix it. Also, I'm afraid FE games don't usually come up with support lists, lol, you can check the support conversation room to see who supports who though some of it is glitchy (in terms of conversations being added to it and the "x Remaining" thing, both of which are mentioned in the reports already).

As for FotS, you can add that as well.

Thanks,

Burning Gravity

Check the documentation in the download. There's far too much for me to actually list, especially after the fact, but it should summarize what's there. Since 1.3, there's supports, the post-game, an epilogue, fixes, and plenty of other stuff. :|

Check the documentation in the download. There's far too much for me to actually list, especially after the fact, but it should summarize what's there. Since 1.3, there's supports, the post-game, an epilogue, fixes, and plenty of other stuff. :|

Are there actual support conversations or just the mechanic. I'm asking be it seems like the latter, although it could just be all the time I'm spending on the Constellation.

I'm getting some ridiculously good level ups this run:

Fire%20Emblem%20-%20The%20Last%20Promise

He got +2 HP two levels in a row and can keep up the slack. It's almost too bad you don't exist for a 1/3rd of the game.

I couldn't get Shon to gain Str worth a crap last time. Now he's a mini-Kelik. (Corben is getting Spd-screwed in exchange.)

THE BOULDER is doing Corben's job better than he is and is a total bamf in every stat that counts (plus the Talisman I threw on)

Unfortunately I am to the point where 7x doesn't seem to want to unlock. :(

Also, wat:

lastpromisebugs-3.PNG

Edited by Rambo M