The Last Promise

Crimson Red

... *scratches head*

I feel like I made one for at LEAST Shon/Tamiko, possibly one or two others you mentioned, Shugey. This is definitely something worth looking into so I'll go back and make sure they're working again and make any edits and possibly even additions as necessary (but I'm not going to create 30 paired endings but certain ones where there is significant plot reason etc. and assuming I have enough space/ability hacking-wise, idr how paired endings work exactly...)

LTC is that thing where people try to beat it in as few turns as possible, right? Well I doubt you'll be doing much 1 or 2-turning without the warp staff but good luck to anyone who tries I guess. (IIRC it's just a matter of trying to challenge yourself so there's not much I can do to really uh, help you here, I don't think. Unless you want me to break down chapters from a design perspective since I know how to exploit almost every chapter XP)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting that, I felt like no one gave a crap about hard mode for some reason but yeah, I should really work on that a little harder/faster. Nothing a few all-nighters can't help, right? XP

(you'd be surprised what one person's casual comment can do for a depressed guy's motivation lol)

You know, Blazer, I feel that you definitely deserve some more credit. You started working on this hack about 5 years ago. Back then, most hacks were just reskins. And to think, after all these years you still managed to complete the main game and most of the post game. Most would've given up at some point, but you were willing to get the job done. We of the hacking community applaud you, Blazer.

I'd agree with 'ThatGuyDownTheStreet' there. I don't care if the dialogue occasionally stutters a little, it's still a very enjoyable hack.

However, Ch. 7x still eludes me. I know it's already been brought to your attention (I've looked at the online issue report spreadsheet), and I know that versions later than 1.0 just don't like it, but... is there any way to get to it now? I did try the 1.0 link posted earlier in this thread, but it's apparently gone dead since then.

(I'm using the up-to-date patch, and cleared it in 10 turns with all houses visited. Knowing Shon supposedly 'finds another path', I even tried doing them just with him... but no joy.)

...In the meantime, I'll keep going. I'm not too bothered if I'm only missing generic loot and exp; if there was a recruitable character in there I'd be shouting a bit louder. But I'd like to be able to play it at some point, just to see what it's like and get a bit more story.

(If you've already answered this query for someone else, sorry about repeating it. I did try searching through the thread, but Serenes won't accept "7x" as a search parameter, and anything else just gave the information I've parroted above.)

Yeah I usually don't like old patches flowing around, sorry. As for getting to it, I don't know, something suuuuper weird is going on but someone suggested the idea of just changing the requirement which for some reason I didn't think of before and will probably do. As for the wait, I apologize but I've just got too much going on. It might seem from blog posts that I just want to roll out chaos mode and not fix stuff but trust me I've hardly put ANY effort into chaos mode outside of just thinking about potential ways to break the game while I'm walking and driving and stuff.

No problem, I appreciate you doing some research since I have mentioned it before but it's not as old and... ubiquitous an issue as some others, so yeah.

Thanks for the reply! Incidentally, I'm withdrawing the comment about 'occasionally stuttering dialogue'; the further through you get, the better it gets. But then it wasn't particularly bad to start with. I guess it's just a different style to what I'm used to...

Up to Ch. 12 now, and struggling not to use Kevin, seeing as a lv. 14 knight against lv. 2 enemies is nothing but an impenetrable wall that likes to steal experience. And Karina joins at level 10? Something smells fishy here... (Starts hurriedly levelling Anakin in preparation for the coming apocalypse...)

...Oh, and I really liked the way you ended Siegfried's mode. Although, this might be a throwback to a previous script or something, but it's a little odd seeing Shon's sprite standing right by Siegfried when the latter is shouting that his son is "deeper in the castle, we must hurry and find/warn him!"

*snigger* Must need glasses in his old age...

Yeah, part of that is because the scripts were made over the course of several years (with certain elements of the plot also being randomly injected into them) so the script improves slightly, taking random turns here and there, but overall it's nothing to gawk at, and if I had revamped it I'd end up like every other Fire Emblem hack and never finish XP (tl;dr don't mind the story too much just enjoy the game if you can)

As for Kevin, if you used him, that's cool, you'll definitely want to pick up new characters here and there as doing solo's or having a very small team can hurt late-game. As for Karina, she's great, yes, but it should be balanced well enough that she doesn't break the game/make things too easy.

As for Part 1 (I prefer to call it that since "Siegfried's Mode" is highly misleading/an inaccurate representation of the game), that does sound odd, I'll check up on the scene later assuming I remember and fix it if I see an issue, thanks ^_^

It's more than just statistical specialties, there are also joining times and weapon ranks involved (and to a lesser extent supports since support bonuses are a thing). Don't have time to list them all right now, sorry

Okay, the Emma & Leopold 'A' Support has an issue, as has already been drawn to your attention by someone else. I don't have a save state, but I do have a few screenshots if that will help. And after a lot of trial and error in posting images to Serenes (first time)...

1375619161269_zpsdcaf437a.png

Starts out normally enough...

1375619165721_zps49b0a475.png

...And keeps trundling along...

1375619169124_zpsacbe6462.png

Okay, that line seems like it should have come from Emma...

1375619172361_zps5b36a086.png

...Right, that one's wrong! From here on, the speech box is always linked to the opposite character, Leopold saying Emma's lines and vice versa. I checked all the way through, but it didn't revert to normal at any point. Quite odd to read, even when you figure out just what's happened.

...I'm going to have to play through again at some point (completed Ch. 21 in 6 turns, thus missing Storm, Haas, Arthur and Liquid, and locking myself out of Ch. 23xx), so I might be able to pass a savestate over then. But you'll probably have fixed the issue by then...

Hey so what are the cavaliers supposed to specialize in statistically?

Like I know Eduardo is HP + Str but what about the rest of them?

Corben is kind of generally decent everywhere with high Luck. Howard and Levion are opposites; Howard is the more offense-focused with high Speed and Attack, while Levion is more defensive with his great HP base and solid Defense, but lower Speed.

Okay, the Emma & Leopold 'A' Support has an issue, as has already been drawn to your attention by someone else. I don't have a save state, but I do have a few screenshots if that will help. And after a lot of trial and error in posting images to Serenes (first time)...

1375619161269_zpsdcaf437a.png

Starts out normally enough...

1375619165721_zps49b0a475.png

...And keeps trundling along...

1375619169124_zpsacbe6462.png

Okay, that line seems like it should have come from Emma...

1375619172361_zps5b36a086.png

...Right, that one's wrong! From here on, the speech box is always linked to the opposite character, Leopold saying Emma's lines and vice versa. I checked all the way through, but it didn't revert to normal at any point. Quite odd to read, even when you figure out just what's happened.

...I'm going to have to play through again at some point (completed Ch. 21 in 6 turns, thus missing Storm, Haas, Arthur and Liquid, and locking myself out of Ch. 23xx), so I might be able to pass a savestate over then. But you'll probably have fixed the issue by then...

That reminds me of that Lain scene...

I don't remember that, unless you mean post-game, there's some in post-game but they have a lot of potential to break the setup of chapters (because... bleh it'd take too long to explain) so they aren't in the main game

I don't remember that, unless you mean post-game, there's some in post-game but they have a lot of potential to break the setup of chapters (because... bleh it'd take too long to explain) so they aren't in the main game

Oh, hmm, then I must have misread then. Thanks anyways, I guess it's good to know so I don't try to go looking for it.

• 2 weeks later...