The Last Promise

Crimson Red

REGARDING THE LAST PROMISE:

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME REGARDING REQUESTS ABOUT THE LAST PROMISE. This includes asking to use the portraits or animations, asking to use the characters in another project, modding the mod, etc.: I am no longer active in the modding community, have not been for a long time, do not really have interest in such things anymore, and likely could not give permission to use X or Y part of The Last Promise even if I wanted, as its graphics, characters, etc. were the result of many people's ideas and efforts, not just me, and getting everyone's permission for that would prove quite difficult even if I wanted to and tried (and I don't). Sorry for the bluntness but as I still get requests from time-to-time and am a bit tired of having to explain this I'm putting this notice here to help inform people ahead of time. Thank you kindly for your understanding.

--------------------

The Last Promise is an elaborate mod of Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword, casually referred to as just "Fire Emblem" in North America. The game hacks pretty much every concept that you could possibly think of--characters, classes, weapons, animations, graphics, maps, music, text, script, etc., you get the point. While this is no longer a big deal, when it was started many years ago, it was a relatively novel concept to mod many aspects of the game at once.

Background-Info.png

usa.gif Part 1 (7/02/09)

usa.gif Part 2 [Release 1] (1/17/10)

usa.gif Part 2 [Release 2] (12/13/10)

usa.gif Part 2 [Final] (08/17/12)

usa.gif Post-Game [beta 1] (03/30/13)

usa.gif Post-Game (06/10/13)

Background info: The Last Promise was, for the longest time, called "Tactics Universe" (as in, a world revolving around tactics and strategy), and before that was originally just called the "Fire Emblem Universe Game". It started off as a forum hack for the Fire Emblem Universe forums where members created profiles for characters and the forum attempted to work together to create the game.

Somehow I got involved in the mix and took on the leadership of the hacking. Soon enough just like every other forum hack, the forum hack was on the brink of death—most people considered it dead. At some point I took over and announced that I would be saving the hack, as little to no progress was being made and the people were uninvolved with the project, minus a few exceptions. Slowly but surely, with new authority and a mindset that I would complete the hack, I started making progress.

Only late in the game's production did I decide to rename the game from "Tactics Universe" to "The Last Promise". The previous name didn't really make sense/have much meaning to me, and as for the new one's meaning, the game itself pretty much makes that clear.

Plot.png

Introduction:

A millennium ago, on the continent of Blaine, humans and dragons fought. Humans, unable to match the power of the dragons, gathered together and saved themselves from the brink of extinction by relocating to Solum.

On this new continent, the people were divided--and over time, each territory formed its own way of life, choosing how its people would live and what ideals they would carry.

However, this all changes when Magnus, an empire with the greatest military on the continent, begins to invade the other territories. Though their campaign is time-consuming, they are successful in every way imaginable, quickly dominating Alicia to the north and Atheya to the east.

But across the continent, there are people ready to fight back to their dying breath. One of them is Siegfried, a former Knight Commander who has been in hiding ever since an injury he received from ten years ago. With his pain serving as a reminder of the vow he made that fated day, he and his son, Shon, take up arms to gather allies and do whatever it takes to stop Magnus from dominating the continent.

Screenshots.png

[spoiler spoiler=Screenshots]

TitleScreen.PNGS%20(1).png

S%20(2).pngS%20(3).png

S%20(4).pngS%20(5).png

S%20(6).pngS%20(7).png

S%20(8).pngS%20(9).png

S%20(10).pngS%20(11).png

S%20(12).pngS%20(13).png

2.PNG14.PNG

19.PNG17.PNG

29.PNG30.PNG

37.PNG36.PNG

The screenshots aren't working anymore, sorry.

Videos.png

Video Playlist

Links.png

Official Website

Official Blog (Discontinued, sorry)

FEShrine Official Thread

Downloads.png

The Last Promise Download

Credits.png

View Credits!

Everything you need to know about playing the hack will be inside the downloads.

Please note that the hack is, in effect, complete, despite any remaining bugs or unfinished content, as the team is no longer working on it and hasn't been for years. Thank you.

Edited by Crimson Red
Notice added

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. Keep the flaming to a minimum, especially if there any FESSers here because FESSers are known for causing trouble for no good reason...

Fuck you too.

Mhmmm, sorry about that, use the latest patch and it should fix the problem. It was a really minor problem that I was informed of earlier today and quickly fixed so I didn't make a fuss about the update or even update the version.

The same problem may occur if that portrait shows up anytime else in the game (it probably will) but if you don't mind just skipping it you can ignore it and play on. Otherwise just do the patching process with the updated patch and you're good to go.

I have finished it but I haven't done the gaiden.

How do you go to the gaiden ?

When I've begun the Ch12(Legendary Mercenaries,The game freezes just before the messenger go away (no screenshot, sorry).

But it works well the 2nd time, so it's not really an issue

"the gaiden"? Which gaiden?

Also, the chapter 12 is possibly caused because you didn't patch right. While playing press "A" on the map and then go to Status, check to see who is the leader. If the leader is Anakin, you're good to go, if it's Siegfried, that means you didn't get to chapter 11 right (which you're supposed to do by restarting the interlude and then continuing from there).

So far the things I have to fix:

1) Change "6" heroes in Prologue to "8" heroes

2) Fix DS Battle BG hack (consists of multiple things)

3) Fix Shon's class description ("Squire")

4) Make it so Anakin can seize chapter 11 (the chapter is still beatable by just waiting on the gate)

Should be done by the weekend, once semester exams are through...

I think the gaiden is acheived if you complete one of the maps in a few amount of turns, i can't remember how i got it.

Chapter 7x is acquired this way, the other gaiden has some special requirements, if anyone wants it spoiled then I'll put it in a spoiler...

Edited by Luffy

"the gaiden"? Which gaiden?

oops, I mean the gaidens...

The other gaiden is 13x, right ?

There is a link with Logan( and Stephanie(?)), I think.

Do you must kill the boss with him ?

And I think it is supposed to have a secret shop but doesn't find it yet...

Anyway, thanks for this hack, the story is interesting and the custom music are all cool and well chosen.

It makes a lot of questions but I just want to enjoy it at the fullest

There is no chapter 13x. I took out that gaiden. However, there will be plenty of others, all in due time.

Chapter 5x is obtained by using the door key to instead of open the gate door, open the door to the oddly empty room in chapter 5. Then just step in there and nab a talisman and you'll also qualify for Chapter 5x, a very tough chapter. XP

• 4 weeks later...

I have finished it but I haven't done the gaiden.

How do you go to the gaiden ?

When I've begun the Ch12(Legendary Mercenaries,The game freezes just before the messenger go away (no screenshot, sorry).

But it works well the 2nd time, so it's not really an issue

Patch the 3.0 version

So I'm playing on Hard Mode, and when I reach Chapter 7 and the battle prep menu first becomes available, I can't field any units. Not even Siegfried. I can start the map by going to Check Map -> Press Start, but I can't just press start from the pick units screen. Starting the map makes me attempt a Cia solo, which ends miserably. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with hard mode, which makes me think that I patched it wrong (although the only other error I can see is that I'm pretty sure Althares has Matthew's description).

what-1.png

I'd rather not have to restart on Normal Mode >_>

This is a glitch I haven't gotten to fixing. Today I am going to do my homework for this week in advance so I can work on fixing some problems in this hack. I'll make a fixed patch and you'll have to transfer your current save to a new ROM with the fixed patch or use some other method to get your problem fixed and continue your game from where you left off.

However I need a savestate of your game right where the glitch occurs before I can test for this glitch and fix it. I know of all the other problems thankfully so I'll fix those too in the next patch.

Sorry for the problems, if you get me a savestate I should be able to fix it and get a fixed patch out by Wednesday. Thanks.

Thanks, I'll edit this post/reply when I've gotten the patch (or bad news that I [A] couldn't fix it or didn't have the time to fix it).

EDIT: I took out a few minutes, the savestate worked (thanks a ton for it), I saw the glitch, and I found the problem. However I don't have time to make a patch right now and I also would like to fix the other problems with the game that I am aware of before I make a new release.

If you don't like to wait and know anything about hex editing, you can go to CA13CC, CA14D0, and CA14D4 in your hex editor and change the "B0" there to a "C0", then save your ROM in the hex editor, which will fix the problem. Otherwise I need to fix the DS Version glitches amongst other small things, sorry.

Edited by Luffy

Eh don't get too excited or you might be disappointed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "You sure get around" either.

In any case you'd best wait for me to finish stupid HW and make a fix patch before playing the game so you hopefully won't have to deal with bugs and glitches...