The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Eh don't get too excited or you might be disappointed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "You sure get around" either.

In any case you'd best wait for me to finish stupid HW and make a fix patch before playing the game so you hopefully won't have to deal with bugs and glitches...

Alright. bugs and glitches are bad.

Also, I live by the phrase "Don't expect much, and you won't be disappointed"

Edited by Core

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It only took 2 months for me to get back into hacking and one month to finally release a fixed patch for this game after getting more bug reports than I should.

That being said, version 3.1 fixes the biggest problems in the version 3 patch of Tactics Universe. The download is on the first page.

• 1 month later...

Squire promotes to a totally different class (not the Knight Lord, I don't know who told you that). The promoted class has a different animation, excels in sword usage, different caps, can't use axes, and will probably have a couple other differences.

Squire itself is pretty much just a cavalier though. I never got to making a custom animation for Shon's custom class, unpromoted classes all have the same caps, and both cavaliers and squires can use swords and lances and are mounted units... :\

Come to think of it I think I was supposed to edit the Squire class description...

Yeah, there's a byte in the character editor that controls whether a character gives experience or not. I didn't want people getting a ton of experience off of the enemies in chapter 7x since that might affect the balancing of the game, so some of the enemies don't give experience. Chapter 5x is also a side-quest but doesn't have this; however, chapter 5x is a hard chapter, so if you make it past it, you deserve the extra experience. :)

I don't want to edit Siegfried mode now since it's complete (the only thing I might do is change a little bit of the music) but I agree that it could use a few more armories and vendors, specifically a set of them in chapter 2, there's already one in chapter 4 and 6, but not another one until chapter 9, and then finally. I'll take your suggestion into thought and see if I can fit in something for chapter 2. It won't be in until the final release of the game though. Even though you're the only one to mention shops/armories in a while I agree it *could* use some more.

Anakin's/Kelik's story is set though since chapter 11, 14, and 15 all have them. There's more than enough. Unfortunately I don't think chapter 16 or 17 will have it.

An update of sorts, I run over the TU progress (although there's nothing to show) and ask for some help regarding some things.

An update on Tactics Universe. After explaining a lot of things I request some help with supports and map sprites.

I originally asked for help with spriting and I got it. I sent Nayr a list of stuff to do. Once he gets it done, there will only be a small handful of portraits needed to be done. ^_^

I have the maps for chapter 16-17 and I know Exxucus will get on the rest of them as we can.

Map sprites--there are maybe 8 more custom classes and they need map sprites. To start, I need a Halberdier map sprite to go along with Dei's halberdier class.

Scripts, same thing. I have them set for a couple chapters and I think I can keep on cranking them out. HOWEVER, I'd like to get some professional proofreaders and critiquers who can help make the plot as good as it can be while minimizing cornyness and maximizing epicness.

SUPPORTS. There are 70 supports in the game, approximately. Some of the deeper ones I have to do. I have 13 done so far. I'll probably end up doing 27 more of the important ones (not to mention all of Kelik's). That still leaves 30 supports that, while they are not crucial to the game, will add to it.

The last part is TEXT FORMATTING. I need text formatting help because it's a long process. If someone can use the Natural Script Formatter to get scripts formatted in short time (ESPECIALLY support conversations, since I don't have time to format those), that'd be awesome.

I'd like as much help as I can get. I'd really appreciate it. I'm not expecting a lot (I only have a couple dozen people who follow) but if I could get 1 or 2 people that'd be sick.

Edited by Luffy

I'm working on it

I should have it to you before the weekend

EDIT: I messed around here and there and got this

HalbedierOverworld-1.png

Edited by Kai-Sama

It's not the best map sprite ever, but I think it'll do. Do you know if/are you sure that it uses the standard FE7 map sprite colors?

Edited by Luffy

I can tell you used Ephraim, I think the GBA use the same colors so hopefully it'll be fine.

I have permission to use it though, right? And in the credits, I put you as "Kai-Sama"?

Well, normally if I say the name of the character it's irrelevant because they are an OC, but the name of this character would be a spoiler, so I can't really tell you. =(

Very nice. The only flaw I can see (and it's very minor at that) is that the critical looks a little clunky. But beyond that it's great.

Agreed, although I gave a bad response to this question already (it's bad because it doesn't make me look good lol). In brief, I don't want to have to go back to sprite more frames when I've already gotten up to the inserting point, so I'm going to save myself some work and not do it.

Agreed, although I gave a bad response to this question already (it's bad because it doesn't make me look good lol). In brief, I don't want to have to go back to sprite more frames when I've already gotten up to the inserting point, so I'm going to save myself some work and not do it.

Fair enough. It still looks pretty good.