The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Alright so I picked up from where I left off which was Chapter 11 and holy shit. Nayr's pretty broken. I did read some of the notes on FEU about the reasons why Nayr is like that but still he's pretty damn overpowered, will he be getting any major nerfs in the future?

I will say though, Chapter 12 was done pretty nicely.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^No, no canto, not even if I remembered what that was. Is it the move-after-attack skill that mounted units have?

Yeah, Nayr is a bit broken, because he does the majority of my spriting and is currently leading the sprite overhaul we are having (such that only douches will be able to complain about the sprites). I got permission to tone him down slightly and change his inventory and so that will be done by the next version, but no major nerfs, Nayr is needed to beat chapter 13 (which most people find to be the most challenging chapter so far--an unintentional outcome, perhaps).

^No, no canto, not even if I remembered what that was. Is it the move-after-attack skill that mounted units have?

Yes. I'd say there's 3 different levels for Canto.

FE4: You can move again after attacking and you can change equipment.

FE5, Steroid Land (Tellius games): You can move again after attacking.

GBA: You can't move again after attacking.

I think he was probably going with Tellius' canto.

Edited by Speedwagon

Nayr is needed to beat chapter 13 (which most people find to be the most challenging chapter so far--an unintentional outcome, perhaps).

I agree with you there. I will say I did enjoy chapter 13 as well although I will say the part where Kelik, Althares, and Itsuke join in seems a little luck based to me.

^Of course, but heroes can't always win off of skill. It takes some luck sometimes! And don't you just love Itsuke's and the bandit's near-perfect timing?

Aside from that, the sound of battle is loud and would attract some attention, not to mention the fact that Kelik was already nearby and heading in that direction... the timing just happened to be there, that was the luckiest part. XD

lol, there's only... 6 sites... I think. Well, now you've made me want to make a list. XD

- Fire Emblem Shrine Forums

- Fire Emblem Universe

- Fire Emblem New Dawn

- Serenes Forest Forums

- PokeCommunity

- GBATemp

- RomHacking.Net*

- Zophar's Domain*

- Official Tactics Universe Site*

- Youtube*

*Not constantly updated/not a forum--only includes significant updates or misc. stuff... (I never even meant to have TU on Zophar's domain--it got there by itself, as a result of the hack being on RHDN.)

6 main sites, 4 other, 10 total. :P I'm satisfied now. Ultimately everything'll be found at the blog and official site though (except for discussion posts, which will be on forums, but that's not significant here).

Man I really like to spread around my hack, huh...

Well, I just played all that was available now. The map design and hacking is very impressive, really well done. The story, character balance, and character backgrounds less so...but that is usual for Fire Emblem games, so w/e. Sometimes the music feels like it's put into the wrong place though, not fitting the atmosphere at all.

The map design is mostly Exxucus, so he deserves the compliment. I guess I'll let him know later. The character balance is due to the fact that almost all characters have 300% growths and some people I owe things to so I give their characters bonuses (cough, Nayr the cavalier's owner is also a member named Nayr who sprites for me...). Music is actually a REALLY hard thing to do properly unless you spend lots of time on it. It's hard to know what music to play during what cutscenes. Finding fitting map or battle music is a piece of cake, and I can always insert custom songs if I don't like my existing choices. I'm not sure what you mean by the character backgrounds but the story will improve a lot as of chapter 16. As of chapter 11 I started making several changes to the scripts to make them better, and this continued until chapter 15, but as of chapter 16 on I have completely taken over the script so if the script is not to your liking then I take complete blame for being a bad script writer (if it is to the majority of people's liking, then that's great).

Thanks for your comments~

- Blazer

I'm not sure what you mean by the character backgrounds

I read some submitted profiles on the home forum, and sometimes checked the info of characters with the R button, but little to nothing of it was reflected in it in their (limited) dialogue. I suppose this has to be fleshed out with supports (which are a ton of work, I'm aware) but right now the characters just feel a bit bland. It's as if they claim to have a background they don't really have.

The character balance is due to the fact that almost all characters have 300% growths and some people I owe things to so I give their characters bonuses (cough, Nayr the cavalier's owner is also a member named Nayr who sprites for me...)

Yeah, I'm aware of that situation. I don't mind overpowered characters, and I definitely think Nayr is necessary for his first couple of chapters at the very least. I think the biggest balance issue is with classes tbh. Swords just plain suck.

By the way, I'm glad you're not taking my criticism the wrong way. I can only imagine the amount of work that's been put into this hack (I do some minor Nightmare editing and one time I did an attempt at changing the dialogue, and it's a pain in the ass).

For the script, you'll want to have the beta testers of new releases to proofread your entire dialogue and point out the typo's. It looks much more professional if the whole game is in perfect English.

Home forum? I guess you mean FEU? I wouldn't really call that place a home forum... it's just a place to post my topics. A lot of the info there is outdated. No, tons of the information there is outdated, as are graphics and portraits.

Since I'm developing the story more you'll also see that character backgrounds will develop more. You can always find even more detail by reading supports of course. Sometimes information on one's background isn't essential to them joining--for instance, Zach's past has little to do in terms of fueling his actions. Haas has a past too, of course, but unless I made a scene to spark up a convo of that, it'd be unnatural to have him talk about his past. What's significant about Haas is that he is the leader of the Kutolah at the time.

What other bland characters are there... Eduardo. Eduardo doesn't have much of a past, he's just an idiot, but he shows that in his (limited) dialog (note: he can talk with Anakin in chapter 11, IIRC). I don't really care for Eduardo so he'll be stuck with limited stuff. Nayr, you'll get to see some of his past in chapter 23 (=O) and through supports but he is just a soldier to start with--there's nothing to spark info about his past.

So it's not like some of the more recent FEs where characters just don't have much detail, development, or background to them, it's just a matter of letting that all out through time and of course, supports. A person would probably never figure out the relationship between Dart, Wil, and Rebecca without using supports, but it's a big part of their past. Otherwise Rebecca just seems like some villager girl who wants to join Eliwood, right?

I think I made my point. The plot and script will get better, or at least more detailed. Trust me. =)

Update!

Chapter 16 has been done for a few days but I haven't had time to make a proper update. Well, now I have. This is the first complete chapter since the latest release, V3.1, so I hope it'll be enjoyable for you. You can find videos at http://www.feshrine.net/youtube/ but if that's not your thing, I have screenshots for you! Make sure to keep up with the blog as I update pretty often and I post more information there than anywhere else--think of it as the ultimate place to keep up with TU, since I can't always bump topics all over the internet for every update! The blog is at http://tacticsuniverse.blogspot.com and the official site is at http://www.feshrine.net/tactics/ -- with that out of the way, please do comment and enjoy! ^_^

1.png7.png8.png

9.png10.png11.png

5.png4.pngrenault.png

6.png12.png13.png

14.png15.png16.png

3.png17.png18.png

P.S. I don't like triple posting. >_>

There are already 18. After that there is... 19 chapters, approximately. I finished chapter 16 so I'm more than halfway done with the hack now. That being said the latter half will be harder