The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Wait, so you think you know how everything ties in with Renault, the mysterious character who stopped him from killing Kelik, and everything else?

If so that's pretty amazing because most of the latter half of the plot is a mystery right now O_O

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I would. It was either that or making a whole new hack with One Piece characters... XD

Wait, who are you, Lightning? Your sig mentions FEShrine... do I know you? :o

The mysterious person who talks to Renault, well, PM me, there IS a hint about it, but it's really secretive, I'd like to see if you got it right though. XD

Yes, I would. It was either that or making a whole new hack with One Piece characters... XD

Wait, who are you, Lightning? Your sig mentions FEShrine... do I know you? :o

The mysterious person who talks to Renault, well, PM me, there IS a hint about it, but it's really secretive, I'd like to see if you got it right though. XD

Reinfleche.

Kai, amazingly enough people exist that have not yet played through this hack, and yet fully intend to.

I am one of those people.

If you can't use the spoiler function, would you kindly just die?

^LOL

That's a bit mean, although your point is valid. Then again, he didn't spoil too much...

Well, I guess I'll take this moment out to say I'm back from my trip, and I uploaded some videos of Chapter 18, which you can find on my channel.

Unfortunately I don't have a chapter 19 map yet so I can't continue with this hack. It's not a big deal to me though, since I have plenty of other stuff I can be doing--playing video games, waiting for the weather to stop sucking in my city, studying, spriting, working on another hack, working on my site, reading manga, watching anime, etc... I think I said enough on the matter.

And while I'm at it, I should probably update the blog.

Kai, amazingly enough people exist that have not yet played through this hack, and yet fully intend to.

I am one of those people.

If you can't use the spoiler function, would you kindly just die?

He uploaded a video but i'll remember to do that in the future :sweatdrop:

• 3 weeks later...

This might have been mentioned before, but in Respite from Battle I found a Guiding Ring near the righthand stairs. Was this intentional or was it because Tamiko got to Lv. 20?

Edited by ultimateluigi987

Intentional, Tamiko gets to level 20 kind of fast. XP You're going to promote most of your units earlier than in FE7 because there are more enemies and staff users get a lot more experience than before. Then again there are less chapters so it evens out.

• 5 weeks later...

I know I haven't updated any forums in a while, but progress has been happening. For those who don't keep up with the blog at http://tacticsuniverse.blogspot.com, I finished upto chapter 19, started chapter 20, and then had to stop to take care of some custom battle animations and map sprites. This delayed me but after a week I ended up finishing chapter 20. Later I took a break that was almost 2 weeks--in short, I was tired of hacking.

I've recently got back into it and have been making chapters about as quickly as I can. Chapter 21 and 22 are thus complete, excluding scripts, which I have yet to insert. Chapter 23 is in-progress (I am customizing a tileset and have to make another really long cutscene with really long scripts, so it is taking some time).

That being said, here's some screenshots to tease you. I sort of avoided the plot, but at the very least, you know you can expect nothing less than high-quality interesting chapters with epic cutscenes and a refreshing Fire Emblem experience. At least, that's what I strive for.

Chapter 21

5.png6.png

7.png8.png

9.png10.png

1.png2.png

3.png4.png

Chapter 22

1.png2.png

3.png4.png

5.png6.png

7.png8.png

9.png10.png

I just have to give another thanks to Exxucus for his amazing maps. It's one of the reasons why this hack is so good IMO (I know I sound arrogant, but the intention is to praise his maps, not my hack). His awesome maps force me to do the best that I can when making these chapters and really enhance the gameplay. They aren't all super amazing, but they're never disappointing.

Well, let me know what you think/enjoy. Be sure to keep up on youtube and the blog so that you aren't out of the loop! :P

- Blazer

I know I haven't updated any forums in a while, but progress has been happening. For those who don't keep up with the blog at http://tacticsuniverse.blogspot.com, I finished upto chapter 19, started chapter 20, and then had to stop to take care of some custom battle animations and map sprites. This delayed me but after a week I ended up finishing chapter 20. Later I took a break that was almost 2 weeks--in short, I was tired of hacking.

I've recently got back into it and have been making chapters about as quickly as I can. Chapter 21 and 22 are thus complete, excluding scripts, which I have yet to insert. Chapter 23 is in-progress (I am customizing a tileset and have to make another really long cutscene with really long scripts, so it is taking some time).

That being said, here's some screenshots to tease you. I sort of avoided the plot, but at the very least, you know you can expect nothing less than high-quality interesting chapters with epic cutscenes and a refreshing Fire Emblem experience. At least, that's what I strive for.

I just have to give another thanks to Exxucus for his amazing maps. It's one of the reasons why this hack is so good IMO (I know I sound arrogant, but the intention is to praise his maps, not my hack). His awesome maps force me to do the best that I can when making these chapters and really enhance the gameplay. They aren't all super amazing, but they're never disappointing.

Well, let me know what you think/enjoy. Be sure to keep up on youtube and the blog so that you aren't out of the loop! :P

- Blazer

You're getting a lot of work done on this. I'm glad to see you got your motivation. I can't wait until you put a new patch out. And I watch all your videos, but would eventually like to play the end myself. And you're releasing another patch when you're done? And don't feel rushed to finish this or get a patch out. Do it in your own time. I loved Kellik's promotion. It was beastly. The animation was superb. Keep up the good work!

The animation was superb.

Blazer's hacking is superb. I probably can't do any better than he could have in a basically one-man hack for all those events. However that can hardly be said for it as a "quality" animation. My previous "harsh-ish" criticism of the Tenkun animation can is justified to be harsh, yes... since Blazer himself did not make the sprites. However, since Kelik is his character, I feel like I can more thoroughly nitpick at his work.

First thing would be the dodge, his head moves... only the upper part of his neck. If you reference the Swordmaster that he is similar to in the way of its dodge, the shoulder moves one pixel. The one light colored pixel from the trim of the jacket makes it BLATANTLY awkward that his head is moving in a weird position. The belt also gets pixel colors despite his feet being planted like a statue. (which makes any "light source shift" not make any sense)

The animation of course isn't expected to be BwdYeti quality, but it's choppy. It could use more frames to make it smoother. It does the job, but if you're looking for my definition of "acceptable" smoothness, as well as a little bit of agreement from Mr. Yeti himself, is Mageknight404's custom animations for Micaiah and Julie. He said despite the frame quality that is mostly the same as Blazer's animations, he did state that the movement is consistent, unlike Blazer's animations.

There's my input on this.

And I saw what the critical was supposed to be referencing... LOL Byakuya Senmetsuken (白夜殲滅剣) 2nd Level Blast Caliber of Asbel Lhant from Tales of Graces.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Blazer's hacking is superb. I probably can't do any better than he could have in a basically one-man hack for all those events. However that can hardly be said for it as a "quality" animation. My previous "harsh-ish" criticism of the Tenkun animation can is justified to be harsh, yes... since Blazer himself did not make the sprites. However, since Kelik is his character, I feel like I can more thoroughly nitpick at his work.

First thing would be the dodge, his head moves... only the upper part of his neck. If you reference the Swordmaster that he is similar to in the way of its dodge, the shoulder moves one pixel. The one light colored pixel from the trim of the jacket makes it BLATANTLY awkward that his head is moving in a weird position. The belt also gets pixel colors despite his feet being planted like a statue. (which makes any "light source shift" not make any sense)

The animation of course isn't expected to be BwdYeti quality, but it's choppy. It could use more frames to make it smoother. It does the job, but if you're looking for my definition of "acceptable" smoothness, as well as a little bit of agreement from Mr. Yeti himself, is Mageknight404's custom animations for Micaiah and Julie. He said despite the frame quality that is mostly the same as Blazer's animations, he did state that the movement is consistent, unlike Blazer's animations.

There's my input on this.

And I saw what the critical was supposed to be referencing... LOL Byakuya Senmetsuken (白夜殲滅剣) 2nd Level Blast Caliber of Asbel Lhant from Tales of Graces.

I am not an custom animator or a Fire Emblem hacker by any means. Yes, you can point out the flaws, but I don't mind them. Any new animations for the GBA Fire Emblems is pretty much awesome in my eyes, providing that it's good.

Hahahahahaha

Well I don't add as many billions of frames as BwdYeti, no, but it gets the job done. I admit it could be more smooth and more refined as well. But it still beats the crap out of your Trueblade. :P

• 3 months later...

For reasons I don't want to get into I haven't kept this forum up to date but now that I have the chance, I figure I should paste this very important message:

-----------------------

OH WHAT'S THIS?!

A NEW PATCH?!

Yes, yes it is! Like I said there would be!

A new patch now up to chapter 21 is here! Download it in this thread or the first page, it doesn't make a difference! Be sure to respond, tell me what you think, if there any glitches, and what could be better! (Don't be a jerk though D:)

Tactics Universe v4.4 Download

Tactics Universe v4.4 Download MIRROR

[spoiler=New Screenshots!]1.png2.png3.png

4.png5.png6.png

7.png8.png9.png

10.png11.png12.png

13.png14.png15.png

16.png17.png18.png

19.png20.png21.png

22.png23.png24.png

25.png26.png27.png

28.png29.png30.png

31.png32.png33.png

34.png35.png36.png

37.png38.png39.png

40.png41.png42.png

43.png44.png45.png

If you're going to LP, let me know! If I've already approved you, just get started and remind me to subscribe to ya!

Most of all, enjoy! EXCLAMATION POINT!

---------------------------

Please note that I was hyper at the time of the release (but no longer am hyper because of the flu).

In addition, there is an important notice on the blog amongst other places: http://tacticsuniverse.blogspot.com

And, once again, people who want to keep up with the progress (because the hack isn't dead, despite the impression some people got), should check the blog, because I usually don't have the time to update every forum with every detail.

Yeah, so I think that's it. Let me know of any glitches with the hack (or suggestions, although I probably won't listen to them, like how I am NOT giving Anakin a heaven seal), and let me know what you think, and please do read the notice about contributions on the blog~

- Blazer