A Retirement/Resignation

Lord Glenn

It pains me for it to come to this, but I'm retiring/resigning as an Administrator of Serenes Forest. I've been mostly a passive Administrator, mainly sitting in front of the security chair, watching all of the CCTV monitors to make sure everything stayed in line (figuratively speaking, of course). However, as of late (especially from mid-summer until early December), I've done more slight perusing of the boards, merely briefly glancing at some of the topics, instead of actual Administrative work. I have no "true" excuse for this, and I (probably) should have done this sooner. Luckily, SF has, for the most part, not required an overly extensive amount of moderation, unlike times I've experienced elsewhere in the distant past. My absence, therefore, didn't negatively affect the operation of the boards, which speaks well on all of the rest of you (and makes me feel somewhat relieved). As I fully expect what little free time I still have to gradually be consumed by other ventures, it's time that I hung up the proverbial mantle and let things continue onwards for the forums.

I'd quickly like to thank Jyo and Vincent for bringing me on to the staff, even if my overall contributions were minimal in the grand scheme of things. I hope that some of my ideas and such at least made some kind of an impact.

For those that would be quick to respond with a standard, "Good luck/we'll miss you/etc." type of post, fret not as I'll still pop in and post from time to time (at the very least, I'll check the boards probably once a day to catch up on new topics). So, needless to say, I'll still be around in the community (in some fashion).

And with that, Jyo/VASM, if you would be so kind as to perform the final deed and retire me, I'd be grateful.

Thanks for the help. It might not have been much, but during the dramafests, you really were a great help, and I will not forget that.

I was wondering when this would happen just a few days ago when I was looking at your profile and noticed you hadn't made a single post since July 21.

Hopefully in retirement you'll be more active than you were as an administrator. You're a good guy and you used to make some pretty good posts. It'd be a real shame to see you just fade away like so many others have.

Edited by Hero

I'd be a fool if I were to ever "resign". I would just sit back, see what happens, and hold my power regardless.

Assuming I ever hold a position of power again.

With the rights of holding power comes responsibility, and if you're unable to take that responsibility, you shouldn't have the power.

As a relatively new member of the Forest, I am not very familiar with you. Nonetheless, I honor you for your services and hope that you will not be leaving completely. I wish you well in your next endeavors.

I'd be a fool if I were to ever "resign". I would just sit back, see what happens, and hold my power regardless.

With the rights of holding power comes responsibility, and if you're unable to take that responsibility, you shouldn't have the power.

Of course it takes responsibility. It takes responsibility not to abuse that power to the point of where you're just making decisions based on your own opinions and desires. However, if he's still lurking every so often, then he should keep his power. If he was leaving the board forever, then even then he should keep his power just in case he comes back.

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh..........................

The name rings a bell but........ I really am not sure that I knew/know you that well D= Someone like me should know or remember you... although I too have been getting less and less and less active... (Although I just realized I can always check if you maybe used to have a different name and see then if I know you)

Well, ok then, enjoy the rest of your time here being retired and we all respect your choice! =) I can always pretend I remember you

EDIT: Darn you never changed your name. At least the name sounds familiar to me still.

Edited by Freohr Datia

Of course it takes responsibility. It takes responsibility not to abuse that power to the point of where you're just making decisions based on your own opinions and desires. However, if he's still lurking every so often, then he should keep his power. If he was leaving the board forever, then even then he should keep his power just in case he comes back.

That's not how anything works. If you're not doing your job, you're fired. You don't just get to wave around certain powers whenever the hell you feel fit to, that's just stupid. The person in power is not stupid, but the people allowing it would be. Additionally, when you have power, you are expected to do something that helps the overall pace of things, whether that be running a country or running a restaurant.

That being said, Lord Glenn did a lot when we had problems here. That's already been said. But, I never really saw him on the forums. That's not a problem though because at least he helped. Even if he feels he didn't do much.

Our moderators here are extremely nice, but can control things. I like it that way. This is only my opinion by the way.

Anyways, Lord Glenn, hope to see you log on sometime soon. Good luck with anything you're doing.

EDIT: I know I brought up politics (indirectly), but please can no one refer to Bush? He's special in every definition given to the word.

Edited by Big Boss

i propose we put this man into lord glenn's position as he is clearly the man for the job

hyperactive for root admin 2012 btw

Now that's something I could support--yes, sir: let the Free Market decide. None of this "moderation" bullshit--the Invisible Hand of the Forest should dictate our actions, not tyrannical regulatory bodies. They're getting in the way of me making money! Isn't that against our Constitution or something?