What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rapier: I'll check out the VN eventually then. I've got Durarara, Black Lagoon, Gurren Lagann, and Eureka 7 still on my computer and I feel like I should probably watch a couple of them so I can clear up the space on my hard drive. Also wtf we never discussed Eva ;_;.

Finished up Ef - A Tale of Melodies just now. Not as good as its predecessor unfortunately. Some things felt a bit forced, to say the least. Still had some feels though, just not as many. Gonna watch Durarara now because supernatural gang war sounds interesting.

I would highly recommend Black Lagoon, that was a really good show with a nice change in pace of the typical anime female protagonist. I remember one episode she sees someone get blown away by a very cleverly hidden shotgun and then goes, "I know what I want for Christmas" XD Also the dub was nice, a lot better than some other ones.

Durarara was really good. Finished it up just now along with the specials. Overall I think it was a tad better than Baccano because the characters are much better and the plot is a little more interesting. It takes a few episodes for things to really start to pick up, like Baccano, but it's better since there's more episodes at least. The biggest problem with DRRR though is that though it ends some of the characters' stories well, it leaves a lot of questions left unanswered. A second season would be nice.

I liked Drrr much more than Baccano, but I'm one of the few who wasn't very fond of Baccano in the first place.

Why was it that you didn't like Baccano though?

I wonder did Duarara ever get a second season?

It really should. The first season ended well, though it left a lot of things unanswered too.

I would highly recommend Black Lagoon, that was a really good show with a nice change in pace of the typical anime female protagonist. I remember one episode she sees someone get blown away by a very cleverly hidden shotgun and then goes, "I know what I want for Christmas" XD Also the dub was nice, a lot better than some other ones.

I'm not sure if I have the dub or english sub on my computer right now, but I plan on watching this now that I've finished Durarara. Probably gonna start it up tonight.

I'm onto the second season right now. I have the subbed version though (couldn't find the dub) but it's really good. It kinda reminds me of a less censored Uncharted.

yu yu hakusho

One of my all time favorites. I thought the 1st season was a nice start, the Dark Tournament was the best, 3rd season was good, and the 4th was bullshit. But ya the Dark Tournament is the best arc by far.

And I'm pretty sure the main torrent on pirate bay of black laggon had eng and jap audio.

Finished Black Lagoon. I wish it got a third season just to explain more about some of the character's pasts, and the second season didn't have enough Benny and Dutch. But otherwise it was really good and I really enjoyed it.

Ahhh I finished all the anime I felt like watching. May as well watch Lain next since it's on my computer anyway, or I might just watch Hellsing Ultimate already. Ahh decisions decisions.

I only watch anime with Fox. Currently we are watching like 7 airing shows or something, and unfortunately I am subject to her favorite one - Sword Art Online. She is unhealthily obsessed with this series. I am pretty sure she has SAO wallpaper and bedsheets, and she even hinted that she wanted me to buy the PSP game for her next year! It is the worst show I've ever seen and I only watch it because she doesn't want to stop.

That is all, I had to get it off my chest because another ep is coming out tomorrow and I might have exploded.

@Tangerine: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks she has an unhealthy addiction to it.

SAO isn't the worst show though. Mars of Destruction will always be the worst thing I've ever seen. It's one of the lesser shows sure, but I still think worst is quite a stretch because in reality you're just really disappointed that it didn't hit it's potential at all.

That value makes it a 2/10 instead of a -9/10 lol. As for worse shows, I think Afro Samurai, the third semester OVAs for School Rumble, the first season of To Love Ru, and Dragon Ball GT are worse than SAO myself.

I have not seen any of those, lol.

Third semester ovas for school rumble are terrible. Watch them if you're curious on how a good comedy show can immediately go down the toilet.

Third semester ovas for school rumble are terrible. Watch them if you're curious on how a good comedy show can immediately go down the toilet.

You feel it even worse if you read the manga because it just builds up sooooo much. I still don't even consider it the real ending and consider the School Rumble Z manga the true end haha.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Canaan

The Girl who Leapt Through Time (movie)

Elfen Lied

Mawaru Penguindrum

A little loose on the "exciting" for some of those, but those are the ones that could fit the bill that I've rated 9 or 10 and you haven't seen.

Oh hey I was actually thinking of checking Canaan out next since it's supposed to be similar to Black Lagoon. What's Mawaru Penguindrum and Tokyo Magnitude 8 about (I've heard of the former before but not the latter)?

Also sorry for my previous double post didn't even realize it until now.

Hmmm...well I just finished DRRR and Black Lagoon, and I'm currently watching The World God Only Knows on the side (crunchyroll app off my phone ftw). Something exciting I guess.

Ga-Rei: Zero

Paprika

Sword of the Stranger